The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Post by Cayla »

Sunny, high 41F, low 31F. I believe the cold wind chills are behind us. We are slowly warming up during the rest of the month.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Clowny all day yesterday with a high of 59. Didn't get any rain until late evening, but when we did we ended up with 0.8 in the gauge. It's been a rainy year so far. Low was 41.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

We're at a much lower altitude today, around 7,000 feet. So it's warmer, low 70s.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Nice. :D

Today was a beautiful Spring-like day. It was nice and sunny, with just a few puffy clowns (aside from that column of black smoke), and got up to 43.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

57º, humid, and rainy. We're under a High Wind Warning from 10am tomorrow morning until 10am Thursday. Looks like there's a nother winter storm pushing through. There is a chance of overnight thunderstorms developing.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today in Machu Picchu, they're calling for rain. That means the rocks along the cliffs will be slippery.

During the climb I am keeping my distance from my sister-in-law.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Cloudy, high 54F, low 50F. This warm spell will be short lived.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Started off clowny and a but drizzly yesterday, but cleared later giving us a high of 62. Wind kicked up around sunset with winds up to 33 mph. Low was 39.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

We had a thunder storm last night. Today, flooding, 49F, rain and winds, but lighter winds than yesterday.
I took pictures of some cornstalk bales, that were left in a field, surrounded by water. And this was before the nearby creek came out of it's banks. They should have left them where they were on the rise, where they would have been safe.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

:peekaboo: :panic:

Good grief! A thunderstorm rolled in around 3:30am which woke me. I was unable to get back to sleep afterward. The morning commute involved fording large puddles and trying not to get blown off the roadways. Winds have been above 35mph all day with gusts even higher. It is currently 69º with loads of clowns in the sky and winds shaking my house at 30mph+.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Does that mean they're ruined?

I think we've turned the corner here. Today got up to 43 and upcoming days are in the 40s and 50s, and even one in the 60s, although the nights remain pretty chilly. Today was a mixture of clowns and sun, but pretty nice.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 am
Are you in The Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock Presents? :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

NE Ohio has not turned the corner, yet. It will be warm for a few days, and then become cold, again. March is tricky in that way. It cannot be trusted.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 pm
scottydog wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 am
Are you in The Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock Presents? :lol:
She was actually nice to me today. Do you remember Gilligan's Island when the skipper would hit Gilligan over the head with his hat? That's what she did to me a couple of times. Nothing lethal. Yet.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today in Cusco will be clowny and 63. Low of 45.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Cloudy heavy rain showers during the afternoon. There is a Wind Advisory from noon until midnight. 50 mph wind gusts are expected. Severe thunderstorms this evening. High 67F, low 44F.

This is the beginning of the end of winter.