The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Post by Gary »

It cooled today with the mercury just touching 45º. It was overcast all day with rain starting in the late afternoon. It's supposed to last most of the overnight hours and taper off tomorrow.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Another rainy, chilly day. Richmond has turned into Seattle :lol: High of 45, low of 40.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

A thunderstorm rolled through just after 5:15 this morning and lasted all of 10 minutes. Right now it's sunny at 51º with scant clowns in the sky; however, the wind is blowing at 22mph. Conditions are expected to remain windy throughout the day with a high of 60º.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

High reached 47 yesterday, but with little wind it didn't feel too bad. A few clowns in the morning, but mostly clear. Low was 22.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Today we have a hazy clown cover with some diffuse sunshine. It's a chilly 37 degrees and it's all downhill from there.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Cloudy, high 46F, low 43F. We are now under a High Wind Warning for Sunday morning into Monday morning.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

The winds were gusting upwards of 31mph today. My house was shaking quite a bit.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

It was 60F very early this morning, but the temperature is dropping. It will be 20F overnight. Partly cloudy, and a High Wind Warning until 7am Monday. 35mph winds with gusts up to 65Fmph. It is a bit breezy right now.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Somehow the high temp today will hit 70 degrees. I'll need to get out this afternoon and take advantage of it. The temp will drop fast tonight as wintery temps return tomorrow.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Hit 55 yesterday which felt almost warm compared to what it has been. Got some high clowns late in the day. Low last night was 29.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Nothing but rain all day since early this morning. It got up to 45, but there's still a chill in the air. Luckily, the temperature won't drop below freezing until tomorrow night so hopefully there won't be icy roads in the morning. High winds are on tap for overnight.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Our windstorm has finally died down. We had gusts up to 67 mph. I guess there are a lot of downed trees, light poles, blown off roofs, and power outages. I never lost power, and everything on my street looks good. It was 60F at 6am, and snowing by 1pm.

Today, snow showers, then sun, and a wind advisory. Winds of 20-30 mph through this afternoon. High 28F, low 18F, with wind chills in the single digits.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^ Wow. Now THAT'S wind. :tornado:

We had a windy day yesterday, too, but nothing like that. Just some good breezes. Today will be sunny and 56 with continues breeziness, low of 40.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Luckily no wind here. We had high clowns and a high of 57. Low last night was 34.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We had some serious wind here, too. One of the people I work with, who also works from home, had a tree branch fall on her fence right where her dogs usually are-- luckily, they were inside. Somebody else lost her power and said it was pretty dangerous driving into work. It seems to have died down some now, but the trees are still whipping around and the clowns are sailing across the sky. It got up to 41 degrees, but it's going down to 19 tonight.