Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

emma is going to see Spamalot tonight. :D
Cayla wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am
Yesterday was a bizarre day. I worked at the church until noon, went grocery shopping, and then came home to find that one of my husband's recovering addicts he helps, decided it was okay to let themselves into my house when no one was home.
Wow, that's freaky. What excuse did she have for that?
My checks were never short, except maybe a few dollars one or two times, but it wasn't enough to say anything. I just figured I had miscalculated by an hour or two. His wife knew I kept a close watch on my hours.
Even that could be more than a week's pay for every year you were there.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 am
We begin the first leg of our journey home. That means flying to Lima, where we'll spend the night before flying home to Wash DC tomorrow :flying:
So you're probably in Lima by now. Is there anything you can do while you're there?
Yeah, that's my thought. Maybe Maddy is saying that fear should lead to caution, and once cautious we should let go of the fear. That makes sense.
Well, one good thing about being without fear is that you might be drafted as the next Green Lantern.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 am
Gary wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 am
Another developer and I reviewed what may be an issue when a site we hit for data changes one of their login pages.
Can you coordinate with that site, or is it a unilateral link?
We tried to get ahold of someone via email with no luck.

Meanwhile, the house I wanted to look at today was a bust. The search continues......
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

We have to get up before the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow to catch our first flight. We land in DC at 10pm, and then there's a 2+ hour drive home to Richmond. So if I don't have time to check-in, I'll do so on Sunday.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 pm
So you're probably in Lima by now. Is there anything you can do while you're there?
Yes, we spent this afternoon and evening in Lima. It's a huge city, and we wondered around and visited the Pacific beach. Got some nice photos of the ocean and grabbed dinner.
Lupine wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm
Have a safe journey! :hello:
Thank you! That's largely up to the pilots and the guys who tighten the bolts on the airplane wings :wtf:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. winds all day til rains cvome this evening - PASS! where is that book i am gonna curl me up with?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

And I'm off to breakfast at Mom's....
Gary wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:50 am
That's not a good sign. I hope there's no chance of this data source drying up.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:56 am
We have to get up before the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow to catch our first flight. We land in DC at 10pm, and then there's a 2+ hour drive home to Richmond. So if I don't have time to check-in, I'll do so on Sunday.
This is the part they never show in the Indiana Jones movies.
Yes, we spent this afternoon and evening in Lima. It's a huge city, and we wondered around and visited the Pacific beach. Got some nice photos of the ocean and grabbed dinner.
That's great.
Thank you! That's largely up to the pilots and the guys who tighten the bolts on the airplane wings :wtf:
No need to fear. Airplanes are still the safest way to fly. :flying:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 am
GM. winds all day til rains cvome this evening - PASS! where is that book i am gonna curl me up with?
I've got a few here you could borrow. :D

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Quick check-in before our flight departs from Lima. It'll be nice to get home.

RJ, never did tell you that it's nice to see your brother Steve back on Facebook :thumbsup:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Have a safe flight home, scottydog!

Tonight, I am taking my niece on her first paranormal investigation. There is an event going on at Farnam Manor, and I have access to the entire house, since I am a volunteer for the foundation. I really am the coolest aunt ever! :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, mateys! :pirate:

Today is the High Desert Pirate Faire. Luckily it's one of the closer faires so I don't have to run out of the house early.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:34 am
Mid-flight be sure to yell out "There's a man on the wing!"
Cayla wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:12 pm
Tonight, I am taking my niece on her first paranormal investigation. There is an event going on at Farnam Manor, and I have access to the entire house, since I am a volunteer for the foundation. I really am the coolest aunt ever! :lol:
Sounds fun! :ghost:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am
Gary wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:50 am
That's not a good sign. I hope there's no chance of this data source drying up.
Not unless the Federal court system stops producing information :lol:
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

I drove past the place where the big fire was this week. It was definitely the same building that caught fire before, but it won't happen again-- there's nothing but rubble left now. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Almost safe and sound. :yes:
RJ, never did tell you that it's nice to see your brother Steve back on Facebook :thumbsup:
Yeah, he finally found a way around their ban. Hopefully he'll refrain from reposting inflammatory Russian propaganda this time. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:12 pm
You are. :lol: I hope you are going to video the adventure. :cooldude:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:50 pm
Good morning, mateys! :pirate:
Avast!
Mid-flight be sure to yell out "There's a man on the wing!"
:lol:
Gary wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:12 pm
Not unless the Federal court system stops producing information :lol:
No, I suppose they're in it for the long term. :lol:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

He'll! :hello:

I ran out of my flavored coffee creamer and didn't have any coffee this morning. ☹️ Thankfully, my friends left for vacation this morning and have me checking the house. And left me some gas $$. Good for gas, flavored Coffeemate, and a loaf of bread. :)

Today I had a job interview for a part time receptionist position. The interview went very well and she will definitely let me know by next Thursday. That is satisfactory. Fingers crossed everyone!

By the time I left the interview and stopped at the store, I finally got my coffee around 2 this afternoon. And now the horrible headache I had is gone. Yay!

Scotty, I'm glad you had a good trip. :yes:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

The closing chapter: R and his "bodyguard" came out today (Saturday) and, in three trips, hauled off everything. Thankfully, I was able to borrow my neighbor's tractor to get everything loaded. It was all cordial and even some hearty handshakes at the end. I had a moment to talk to his bodyguard when R was out of earshot, saying all I've wanted is for him to get his stuff. He indicated he understood that, so we were good.

More stuff is gone. WOOT WOOT!!!! :bounce:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Today was de-worming day for the girls (horses). All three behaved, which is good, because in the mud, I doubt I could have stayed upright. Today was a low dose day, then in two weeks they will get a full dose. I switched wormers, so I am not comfortable giving them a full dose. Next week will be the boys, but I need my son's help with those two.
Then I fought my way through the mud to get down to the pond, just so I could take some pictures of the runoff. I still need to put them on my computer.
Cayla wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am
Yesterday was a bizarre day. I worked at the church until noon, went grocery shopping, and then came home to find that one of my husband's recovering addicts he helps, decided it was okay to let themselves into my house when no one was home. I lost my temper. It took the rest of the rest of the day for my anger to subside. She won't be making that mistake again.
:wtf: I hope you checked all valuables, make sure she didn't help herself to more than the house.
scottydog wrote:
Welcome, almost, home! :yes:
jgc wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:36 am
Today I had a job interview for a part time receptionist position. The interview went very well and she will definitely let me know by next Thursday. That is satisfactory. Fingers crossed everyone!
Fingers, toes and... does hair count? I have long hair and it's braided, so that would make many crosses. :yes:
Gary wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:47 am
I had a moment to talk to his bodyguard when R was out of earshot, saying all I've wanted is for him to get his stuff. He indicated he understood that, so we were good.
You are finally free! Yeah, a person can be friends with someone like that and still know they are nuts.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. another yesterday lies in front of sleep-time to repeat its boring presence. I only read 2 types of book RJ - non fiction and books L & I both read. yesterday was wet n windy, today is sposed to be sunny - we will see.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I haven't decided if I'll brave the cold this morning for some picture-taking or not....
jgc wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:36 am
I ran out of my flavored coffee creamer and didn't have any coffee this morning. ☹️ Thankfully, my friends left for vacation this morning and have me checking the house. And left me some gas $$. Good for gas, flavored Coffeemate, and a loaf of bread. :)
I'm glad you were able to get your stuff. :hug:
That sounds great. I hope this one happens for you. I worry about you all the time. :hug:
By the time I left the interview and stopped at the store, I finally got my coffee around 2 this afternoon. And now the horrible headache I had is gone. Yay!
I hope this will be the end of all your headaches. :yes:
Gary wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:47 am
I had a moment to talk to his bodyguard when R was out of earshot, saying all I've wanted is for him to get his stuff. He indicated he understood that, so we were good.
Probably more like a keeper than a bodyguard. :lol:
Elara wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 am
Then I fought my way through the mud to get down to the pond, just so I could take some pictures of the runoff. I still need to put them on my computer.
Ooh, muddy pond pictures. I hope you're going to post some.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 am
I only read 2 types of book RJ - non fiction and books L & I both read.
I have plenty of non-fiction books. Mostly science and history. :yes: