Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-in Thread #96: Almost Spring Version

Post by scottydog »

Just came back from the movie theater, where I saw the latest incarnation of Pet Sematary. It was far scarier than previous versions. :scared:

I've got the news on and there are tornado warnings all around Richmond, but not in Richmond. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Cayla wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 am
scottydog, there was no chocolate to be found at this birthday party.
I'm.... speechless :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
huggle wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:40 pm
If they persist after Easter I shall contact the technitians.
Fingers crossed that The Reign of Timeouts has ended.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 pm
I've been there since the start (and my boss says the job description says "someone like Rick"), so I'm pretty confident that I'll get it.
Yeah, but you're assuming that organizations use common sense. That's not been my experience with organizations. I do hope you get it because you deserve less stress in your life. :yes:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Hey.

I couldn't get on last night due to the tower that supplies my Internet service being offline for a few hours. No one had a clue it was out until I sent a text. :(

Meanwhile -- the realtors and finance gal can't believe I'm not excited at all these "good news" phone calls regarding the house. Seriously, they call with happy voices like high school girls dying to share some happy news, and my response is :mellow: The finance gal was *finally* able to pull my credit from Experian (after yet another call to have my account unfrozen for a few days). I've taken advantage of a process called "Experian Boost" wherein Experian reviews my checking account for history of utility bills and factors them into my profile. Seems that did a neat trick, because my score was just shy of 800. That, in and of itself, is a neat trick considering IF I ever get a loan it's from my CU and is paid off within a few months. No credit cards, revolving charges, or other nonsense. Since I'm a Veteran who is using the VA to underwrite my loan, I get a $300 credit I can use to buy down the interest rate. The sellers have offered to cover closing costs plus $1,000 for repairs of any defects which may be noted on the report. My file has been completed and sent off for further processing. As of now, the tentative closing date is May 14th.

With that in mind, I decided to reduce expenses since the transition and all is going to cost more than I thought. I canceled trash service and also my Internet service. The ISP requires 30-days notice which I served today, so my service won't be terminated until mid-May. I've already been shopping for fiber providers in the new area and it looks like AT&T has the best service and reputation. I cannot WAIT for Gigabit speeds! B)
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. glad they didnt call yesterday - i was out all day. tucker=food.
yesterday i:
- popped down the plot for 20 mins work.
- hiked up Angmering Park to see the bluebells - 2hours.
- hopped up Highdown to visit the gardens - 2hours.
- trotted off to Aldi to stock up on 2 items i cant buy at any other store - 2hours.
- hopped back down the plot and spent an hour heavy watering my crops.
I then came home and stuffed on veggie ramen AND from scratch hot cross-less buns.
(theres a video from highdown on my FB profile that sweeps from Arundel, thru littlehampton, rustington, angmering, ferring - Asda where my son works, thru goring and byeond.)

so i did tons of stuff....but alone, so without pleasure.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Mom is having Easter this morning instead of tomorrow, since it's the best day for everyone to get together. My high winds have been joined by torrential rains-- I can barely see the other side of the street. This will be a fun drive. Oh, well, at least it isn't snow. Or lava. Or a meteor bombardment.
Lupine wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:21 pm
So far so good.
Excellent. :thumbsup:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 pm
Just came back from the movie theater, where I saw the latest incarnation of Pet Sematary. It was far scarier than previous versions. :scared:
I read the book, back when I was devoted follower of Stephen King, and it was pretty good. I've never seen any adaptations, though.
I've got the news on and there are tornado warnings all around Richmond, but not in Richmond. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Great. Tornado season is back. :no:
Yeah, but you're assuming that organizations use common sense. That's not been my experience with organizations. I do hope you get it because you deserve less stress in your life. :yes:
Well, I know everyone involved. The woman in charge is the person who trained me when I joined the company. So they all know what I do from personal experience. This is about as good as it gets. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 am
I cannot WAIT for Gigabit speeds! B)
That will be like a whole new world after that stupid tower that doesn't work half the time. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:31 am
so i did tons of stuff....but alone, so without pleasure.
Aww, I wish you could have enjoyed all the bluebells and gardens-- it sounds like a great day.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

After Good Friday service, I stayed 2 1/2 hours to help decorate the sanctuary for Easter. I then stayed up until midnight, watching Live P.D.. :yawn:

Today will consist of...
1. Making ham, potato salad, and macaroni salad for tomorrow.
2. Jen and Aubrey will be here at noon to make kolacky for tomorrow.
3. When they leave, Ron and I need to finish cleaning the house for tomorrow.
4. I should probably do laundry, too.

I'm exhausted just from thinking about all that needs to be done. :yawn:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, everyone :hello:

I've got to do a lot of cleaning and shopping to get ready for the Easter family gathering that we're hosting tomorrow. :vacuum: Plus I have to mow the frickin lawn :headbash: The grass grows so incredibly fast this time of year.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:31 am
tucker=food.
- trotted off to Aldi to stock up on 2 items i cant buy at any other store - 2hours.
Sounds like Aldi=food, too. We have Aldi here in Richmond -- a German food chain that is really discounted :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:46 am
...high winds have been joined by torrential rains-- I can barely see the other side of the street. This will be a fun drive.
I think you're getting the same storm that produced tornadoes here in Virginia. I hope Easter went well despite the horrid weather.
Cayla wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 pm
After Good Friday service, I stayed 2 1/2 hours to help decorate the sanctuary for Easter.
We're going to the Easter sunrise service VERY early tomorrow morning -- 6:27am exactly, when the sun rises here. :yawn:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, gang. :coffee:

No plans for today other than trying to get some writing in. Will try to hunker down until the holiday is over.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

The chicks are starting to leave the nest. :bye:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everybody. :hello:

Well, that was weird. None of my siblings showed up for the Easter breakfast, so it was basically like a typical Saturday except with a more elaborate meal. :shrug:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 pm
I'm exhausted just from thinking about all that needs to be done. :yawn:
I know the feeling.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Thank you, future scotty. :hello:
I think you're getting the same storm that produced tornadoes here in Virginia. I hope Easter went well despite the horrid weather.
Luckily, the rain calmed down by the time I left and it was fine coming home. Just in the last fifteen minutes, typhoon season has returned with a vengeance, but I'm not going anywhere.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:52 pm
No plans for today other than trying to get some writing in. Will try to hunker down until the holiday is over.
Do roving bands of violent Easter bunnies plague your area, too? :(
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Awww. :no: It was inevitable, I guess. :bye:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:43 pm
Well, that was weird. None of my siblings showed up for the Easter breakfast, so it was basically like a typical Saturday except with a more elaborate meal. :shrug:
Were they expected and just didn't show? :unsure:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:52 pm
Do roving bands of violent Easter bunnies plague your area, too? :(
Yeah, it gets kind of scary at times. :rabbit:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:25 pm
Awww. :no: It was inevitable, I guess. :bye:
They youngest of the three is still in the nest, but he'll probably be going soon. I miss them already.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Thank you, future scotty. :hello:
It's your own fault for saying that you were celebrating Easter today! :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:08 pm
They youngest of the three is still in the nest, but he'll probably be going soon. I miss them already.
Love seeing the pics on FB. I wish there was some way you could track them. :sigh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. yesterday cponsisted of third time luclky for me. i went down the allotment three times - planting the last of my vcabbage seedlings and some more bursells sprouts and tomato ones and doing a ton of watering as we are having 4-5 days of warm sunshine and the seedlings need to be watered 1-2 times daily. on my third trip L was out mowing and called me over to innvite me out today - so today is gonna be good company for me. we are off to some gardens i have never been to before - though my parentswent on coach trips before i came along.
well its 6.28am now so GO scottydog....yeah asame adli as here - and in aussie 0- but in diff countries they sell diff items - the aussie aldi is great i used to go regularly - the uk oneds are so so i only got 2-3 times a year.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's warm and the wind and rain have stopped for the moment-- maybe I'll actually make it to the beach this morning.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:08 pm
Were they expected and just didn't show? :unsure:
Last I knew they were coming, but my Mother knew they weren't.
Yeah, it gets kind of scary at times. :rabbit:
That's a hare-raising situation.
I really hope they all stick around. What is typical Road Runner behavior? Do they have flocks?
scottydog wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 pm
It's your own fault for saying that you were celebrating Easter today! :lol:
:lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 am
so today is gonna be good company for me. we are off to some gardens i have never been to before - though my parentswent on coach trips before i came along.
That's nice. I hope it turns out to be a good bird-watching spot. :yes:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Easter, everyone :hello:

Another holiday, another excuse to gorge on chocolate :bounce: We're having about a dozen people over for brunch. There will be an Easter egg hunt, lots of alcohol, and lots of food. I'll need a nap this afternoon for sure.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 am
well its 6.28am now so GO scottydog....
And we're off to the Easter sunrise service..... :angel:

Hope y'all have a great day :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Happy Easter!

Addison and her stepsister joined us for cookie baking, yesterday. It was fun having them help.

I have church at 9:30am. My in-laws should be here around 1:30pm. It should be a pleasant afternoon.

The baby roadrunners grew up fast! I'm going to miss seeing them. I wonder if the parents will pick the same spot to nest every year, now.

I feel bad for your mom, that your siblings did not show up, yesterday, RJ.

scottydog, my husband bought this bag of jelly beans that has many different flavors. There are chocolate flavored jelly beans in it! There are margarita flavored ones, too! And coffee! Tiramisu, too! My husband had to go back out to buy a second bag.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.