Twilight Zone - Season 1 - Spoilers

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Twilight Zone - Season 1 - Spoilers

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:23 pm
Episode 9, "The Blue Scorpion."

Well, this episode was well done, but it didn't really have that Twilight Zone vibe to it.
Well, after the last two "social issue" episodes, this one was a relief to watch. No, this wasn't about gun control, thankfully. It was about a haunted gun, and you're right, it didn't make too much thematic sense. If the gun killed his dad, why did it save him? Sometimes it's a friendly gun and sometimes it's an evil gun? I'm stumped about that, but I'm also relieved, because I didn't want this Professor to die.

By the way, his office was wayyyy to nice and big to be a professor's office. These days faculty get a tiny room that barely fits a desk and a bookshelf or two.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ That's far fetched, even for Twilight Zone. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

This is what a professor's office really looks like, not that lavish office suite that Professor Jeff had.
Attachments
56e8e755b7a8e.image.jpg
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yikes. I had a bigger office than that at BMC (for a while). I guess we just don't value teachers enough.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Just watched the last episode at the airport.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:52 am
Episode 10, "Blurryman," and I watched it in black and white.

So, after a season of good ideas presented badly and bad ideas presented badly, we were given a finale of good ideas and bad ideas and non ideas presented badly-- but, like most of the previous episodes, stylishly and entertainingly, and with a coda that tells us that the Powers That Be were at least well intentioned. But, ultimately, this iteration of Twilight Zone turned out to be land of just shadow and no substance.
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. It's almost like this last episode tried too hard. Like you, I admired the cleverness of having Sterling stalk her, but the message of the episode was (ironically) blurry.

So let's hope they showrunners have learned a few lessons as they prep for season 2. Less is more, keep it simple, stay on point, and remember that Millennials are not their only audience :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Possibly not any part of their audience. Millennials probably mostly avoid things like Trek and Zone because they sound "old."

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Really? That's tragic and I hope it's not true. I have no doubt surveys have been done on Millennial TV preferences.

The good news is that Millennials and their younger brethren, the post-Millennials, are fans of old classic rock from the 60s and 70s. So there is hope for them :guitar:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's true of my Niece's boyfriend, that's for sure. But most of them won't go near black-and-white movies or silent movies, or shows with old-school special effects, or anything that doesn't feel like it's older than last week.