Garden Club V: Herbs, Vegetables, and Blooms

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Garden Club V: Herbs, Vegetables, and Blooms

Post by Madeliaette »

i am cropping rhubarb at the plot, salad greens, chive, and not much else in the poly tunnel. i a growing raspberries, strawberrie, blueberries gooseberries blackcurrant, leek onion, garic, shalloit, brussels sprouts, cabbage, radish, arsnip, cauliflower, egg plant at the plot, spuds toms, more salad stuff, herbs at the poly tunnel...and next month is when the crops really start rolling - peas, corn, beans to be planted, fruit begin to be harv estable....spuds are ready to munch.... flowerwise i pretty much have all year color - over winter i have the camelia from december thru april and the dogwood stalks next year onward, jan and feb i hav primrose bulbs dffs and did ave snowdrops, marhc april i have marigold marsh marigold and everything else begin to pop open!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The buds finally sprouted on all the trees-- and then got blown off in the space of about a day.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The trees finally have leaves!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's happening here, too. When I walked in the Blue Hills last week, they were still pretty bare but I think they're finally springing to life.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Yesterday, I picked up 4 bell pepper plants, 1 cherry tomato plant, 4 mandelvilla, 1 calla lily, 1 croton, 1 basil, 1 chamomile, and 1 marjoram plant for the balcony.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Over the weekend, I planted a hibiscus in a pot on the balcony. Then for Kelly, I purchased and planted in the front flower bed a clematis, boxwood, and 4 black asiatic lilies.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

You should get a honeysuckle vine for the porch railing. :D

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Remember all the flag stone I dug up in the yard, 2 years ago? Well, I am going to attempt to build a patio off the back of the house with it, this weekend. Also, yesterday, I ordered jasmine, a gardenia, and a dwarf banana tree for the pots on my balcony.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's cool. Will the patio be right next to your balcony?

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

currently harvesting - rhubarb and radish from the plot, salad leaves and potatoes from the poly tunnel and mint/chives from the back yard. the n ew season has begun!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:19 pm
That's cool. Will the patio be right next to your balcony?
Well, it will be below it, an off to the left.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, so you can't go right from your balcony to the patio.

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The banana tree, jasmine, and gardenia arrived, yesterday. Those are now in pots on my balcony.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The purple flowers next to my Mother's house were in full bloom today.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

We have tiny green tomatoes growing now. I'm excited. That means it'll only be a week or two until we have ripe tomatoes to eat :dance: