Star Trek: Picard (aka ST:P)

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: Star Trek: Picard (aka ST:P)

Post by Gary »

jgc wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:21 am
Hi all. I've just kind of skimmed thru this page of posts but there is something I can pretty much guarantee: No one will ever do anything to fix that farce of the last episode of Enterprise. I have the series, but won't watch that episode. :no:

Anyway, I've finally made w my As far as episode 8 of Picard. Now you guys are going to think I'm weird, but here goes: (remember - nothing deep or insightful. Just shallow observations) Every single time the Shrike showed up, They used the exact same sound effect that was used for the Martians in the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds. After the first time I heard it, I pulled out my copy of the movie to check, and Yup - there it was.

So each time the Shrike showed up, I just gave a little laugh. :lol: Or a snicker.

See? Hardly insightful. :lol:
Wow. You have a great memory as I remember very little of that movie, but I did enjoy it.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good afternoon. :hello:

Florida's rainy season started at the beginning of June. Today is making up for any dry spells we've in the last couple of years.

I got groceries ordered today. I hope it stops raining long enough tomorrow so they can be delivered.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:09 pm

... I never saw the Tom Cruise version of War of the Worlds (because Tom Cruise is in it :D).
understandable.
Gary wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:32 pm

Wow. You have a great memory as I remember very little of that movie, but I did enjoy it.
I enjoy it too - even though Tom Cruise is in it. He's not so bad..
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hey! I finally watched the last couple of episodes.

A couple of things:

If you had all told me that I would cry through the whole 10th episode, I might have given it a pass.

Worf had all the best lines.
"Personal space is a right." (when Deanna hugged him)
" And I shall make it a threesome" Riker: " Do you even hear yourself?"
"Swords are fun" (when Riker found the phaser in his sword.
"For a moment I was worried we might actually survive"

The best lines!!!

I was sorry that Captain Shaw died. :sob: But, OK, all's well that ends well. So, yes, RJ, I did enjoy the last episodes (except for all the crying).
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

jgc wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:52 pm
If you had all told me that I would cry through the whole 10th episode, I might have given it a pass.
Nooo, you had to watch. It was a heartwarming reunion. Aside from all the violence and death. :yes:

The best lines!!!
And then he took a nap. :lol:
I was sorry that Captain Shaw died. :sob:
Well, it's kinda possible that Seven fixed him up with some nanoprobes before he was completely gone. :angel:
But, OK, all's well that ends well. So, yes, RJ, I did enjoy the last episodes (except for all the crying).
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a much better farewell to the crew than Nemesis. :sweetlove:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

jgc wrote:

The best lines!!!
Awww, that's so sweet that you were moved so much. I didn't cry but I do admit they did a great job of tugging at the heartstrings.

Now I'm actually considering re-watching all of TNG. It's probably been a decade or more since I've last done that.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:03 am
jgc wrote:

The best lines!!!
Awww, that's so sweet that you were moved so much. I didn't cry but I do admit they did a great job of tugging at the heartstrings.

Now I'm actually considering re-watching all of TNG. It's probably been a decade or more since I've last done that.
I just finished the rewatch and posted some comments somewhere around here. I'd like to rewatch Deep Space 9, but I'll wait a couple more years. The two events I am itching for are 1) the next season of Lower Decks, and 2) the crossover between Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.