Author's Thread #12

Post your original works of fiction here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Author's Thread #12

Post by RJDiogenes »

It was the best of threads, it was the worst of threads. It was a dark and stormy thread. The thread was the color of a television turned to a dead channel. Call my thread Ishmael!

Okay, now that I've gotten us off to a good start, let's get posting! :book:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Author's Thread #12

Post by blablover5 »

I sent off my first round of edits. I suspect my editor and I shall do battle often as she loves adding had and I freaking hate that word.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I've had enough of it myself.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

My one book is off to line-edits, I should really start working on the sequel, and my short story was accepted into an anthology.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

You're on fire. What's the anthology?

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

Shifter Between the Sheets. It's what I wrote Reefcake for.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Apparently not up for pre-sale yet on Amazon.

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

Oh no. It's not coming until November.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

I figure it's finally time to get the ball rolling on setting up a Street Team. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ellenmintstreet/ On Friday I'll send out a mass email to see who's willing to join up.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm certainly willing to join if it will help you. I can't promise to read everything. I'll more likely be able to check out the short stories.

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

I published Gettin' Lucky on amazon, but I need some help getting the price down to free.

Go to the page for it -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T2R84HN then scroll down to the "Tell us about a lower price" and put in 0 and the link to it on smashwords. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/944207

Thanks for the help!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Okay, all set. But how can you make any money if it's free. I bought it before I submitted the link, so you'll at least get a few cents. :twocents: :lol:

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

It's my magnet book, and it was already in an anthology so this way it'll hopefully lead to people clicking to check out my profile and more books.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Sweet. I hope it works. :yes:

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

So, 'Catching Light' is up on Amazon, but I wonder where else I can put it, now I've converted it to mobi and epub. The Amazon T&Cs say the agreement is "non-exclusive", so I assume that means I can place it with other eBook publishers., I also want to place it with a print-on-demand publisher, as Amazon Aust don't do hard copies Down Under, and one would have to come from the UK at about $30/copy. Any thoughts about ebook publishers? I'm on a learning curve here, and I ALWAYS struggle with those.

Also have it in for review at a couple of Aust SF magazines.
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett