Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Post by RJDiogenes »

"Say, doc, will I be able to play the accordion?" :lol: I got a kick out of Luciana on drugs, especially Morgan's bafflement at their radio conversation. Well, her close call with the Walkers wasn't that funny, but at least they didn't get in and overrun the place.

So Karen Davis is working alone, apparently, so the people in the black armor are a separate group. What's their deal? And are they responsible for the clicking Zombie heads, or is there yet something else going on in this neck of the woods? The kids from the last episode seemed to fear somebody or something. Karen Davis is supposed to be a regular, so I assume she'll be back soon, despite her alleged death sentence from radiation.

That was a strange encounter between Strand and Salazar. Now Luciana thinks the plane is on the way, but Strand is just hoofing it back to wherever on his own, leaving them in the lurch. I wonder if Salazar will show up on his own to help Alicia and Luciana, bypassing Strand altogether, since he seems to think he's a Jonah.

So there's a lot of balls in the air so far this year: Max Headroom, Karen Davis, the Men in Black, the clicking Zombie heads, Salazar, the new kids on the block, and the nuclear reactor may still be in danger of melting down. And Morgan lost his stick. :(
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

The stick is a significant loss for Morgan. It's like Michonne losing her sword or Daryl losing his crossbow.

Was Salazar right about Strand being hopelessly selfish? And given Salazar's past, isn't it the pot calling the kettle black?

You're right there are many balls in the air. I suspect we'll get some resolution in the next episode.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I don't think Morgan will give up on his stick so easily. :D

I think Strand is legitimately reformed. I think Madison's death hit him pretty hard. I'm not convinced that Salazar can be reformed, though.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

New episode tonight! :zombie:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I wonder who will die tonight? :rip:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, I reckon that was a good 'un. That town weren't big enough fer John and a bunch o' dead folk. San Antonio Split, eh? I once had a filly who split to San Antonio.

Nothing like a showdown with a horde of Zombies in an Old West town. The Walking Dead shows don't usually demonstrate this kind of humor, and it's nice to see it slipping in now and then. Between this episode and the radioactive Zombies, I wonder if some of the creators were fans of Z Nation.

So the Walker Walls and the Clicking Zombie Heads are the creations of the kiddies. Are they weird post-Apocalyptic children who have been completely dehumanized by the Zombie Holocaust, or is there something else going on? They seem to just want our people to go away, but they're not trying to kill them. Are they hiding something, or someone?

And poor Morgan with his fake substitute stick. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm
Well, I reckon that was a good 'un. That town weren't big enough fer John and a bunch o' dead folk. San Antonio Split, eh? I once had a filly who split to San Antonio.
That split was, uhh, a bit far-fetched to say the least. But cool. I guess we need John to be superhuman in this subhuman world.
So the Walker Walls and the Clicking Zombie Heads are the creations of the kiddies.
Yes, there's something rotten in denmark with those child-beasts. I'm sure the secret will be spilled soon.
And poor Morgan with his fake substitute stick. :lol:
He's hanging in there. The reunion with Dwight was a little awkward -- they weren't exactly long lost bosom buddies.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:01 pm
That split was, uhh, a bit far-fetched to say the least. But cool. I guess we need John to be superhuman in this subhuman world.
A bit far fetched, but very cool. :D
Yes, there's something rotten in denmark with those child-beasts. I'm sure the secret will be spilled soon.
I wonder if it will turn out like that episode where Carol had to shoot the kid.
He's hanging in there. The reunion with Dwight was a little awkward -- they weren't exactly long lost bosom buddies.
Do you remember any scenes where they interacted on Walking Dead? I think we're supposed to assume they knew each other off screen.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:18 pm
HThe reunion with Dwight was a little awkward -- they weren't exactly long lost bosom buddies.
Do you remember any scenes where they interacted on Walking Dead? I think we're supposed to assume they knew each other off screen.
Well, there were scenes when Dwight left the Saviors and was briefly adopted by Rick's group before Daryl chased him away. Morgan was there. Or am I misremembering?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

No, that's true, I just can't remember any specific interactions between Dwight and Morgan. Mostly Darryl and Rosita. But I'm sure there's plenty that I don't remember. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

New episode tonight! :zombie:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I wonder who will die tonight? :rip:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Nobody!

And Salazar and Strand have finally reached an accommodation-- Salazar is not going to shoot Strand in the face, which is about as warm and fuzzy as he gets. And he seems to have some mysterious purpose now. He says that there's a reason he's been hanging out collecting vehicles and equipment, and he's going to go take care of it-- by leaving his collection of vehicles and equipment behind.

And Strand got his airplane, but had to ruin it to wipe out the Zombie horde. Holy cow, he just exploded those suckers. :lol:

No sign of Dwight this week, but Morgan and Alicia have discovered the Children's Crusade-- but they seem less like The Lord of the Flies and more like Boys Town. The kids don't want to leave behind the staggering corpses of their dead parents.

And those Men in Black are back again, and the kids have been hiding from them. And right at the end, we see that black helicopter with that symbol on it again-- maybe even the same one that will take away Rick and Jadis in about six months.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 pm
Strand got his airplane, but had to ruin it to wipe out the Zombie horde. Holy cow, he just exploded those suckers. :lol:
I like how they keep coming up with new ways to kill zombies. Enticing them to walk into airplane propellers is pretty clever :airplane: :zombie:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 pm
we see that black helicopter with that symbol on it again-- maybe even the same one that will take away Rick and Jadis in about six months.
Wait -- did you say 6 months? I can't keep track of how these timelines between shows are unaligned. :loopy:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am
Wait -- did you say 6 months? I can't keep track of how these timelines between shows are unaligned. :loopy:
I'm pretty sure it would be about six months. There was an 18-month time jump between the last two seasons of Walking Dead and Dwight said he'd been on the road for a year, so it seems like that's how it would line up.