Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, things are getting pretty much down to the wire with the nuclear plant. Meltdown seems imminent. Grace gave it twelve hours, but it might be even less than that. I wonder if Morgan will be able to save his real stick from the holocaust. That was a cool shot of the collapsed nuclear dome, by the way.

I got a kick out of how Strand and Charlie kept the Walkers at bay with the balloon. Stretchy material may be a better defense than rigid material. Maybe they can find a parachute warehouse at some point. But they managed to survive and get the propellers back to the truck stop, and Al and June got some more fuel from the mesa or whatever that is up there, so it seems like they are close to being ready to fly. Meanwhile, Al spilled the beans about her romantic interlude, although she did leave out the part about her girlfriend being one of the black-clad mystery figures. I wonder if this will come back to bite her, or if we'll ever even see Helicopter Girl again. The Helicopter People must know about the imminent nuclear meltdown-- but then again, if they do, why are they not doing something to prevent it?

I'm still not sure what to make of Dwight's part in all of this. John finally spilled the beans about the letter, so he and Dwight are headed back to rejoin the group. Dwight still hasn't given up hope of finding his wife, despite her message, but-- even if she's alive, won't she be killed in the upcoming cloud of nuclear death? She can't have gotten that far.

So once John and Dwight get back, the gang will all be together again, plus Dwight and Grace and a gaggle of kids-- has anyone given any thought to the weight limit on that plane?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Yes, lots of questions remain....

It looked like Alicia got zombie blood in her mouth. That's had to happen before in many close hand-to-hand combat scenes with zombies. Our heroes routinely get spattered zombie blood in their eyes and mouth, with no consequences.

I had never thought about stretchy fabric being more zombie proof. That is pretty brilliant, assuming it doesn't rip.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The problem with the Zombie blood was that it was a radioactive Zombie. She found one of those radiation meters around its neck. Remember how Morgan said on the walkie-talkie for everyone to avoid their blood? That's how the kids' parents died.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Hmmm, methinks the actress who plays Alicia wants off the show. She's the last of her family and I'm surprised she's lasted this long.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I wondered about that, too. But then we also have Karen David, who claims to be dying of radiation, and Morgan, who has been exposed to unknown amounts of radiation, and whose stick is allegedly radioactive. I have a feeling there is a plot twist coming that will either reveal a cure for the radiation sickness or reveal that it isn't as bad as they think.

On another note, I learned today that Fear has been officially renewed for another season.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

More Walking Dead franchise news in the New Thread.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ That's really cool. I wonder where in town they'll be filming? Usually these shows take place out in the country somewhere. I'll keep my eye out and if they need a zombie wearing elbow patches and a pocket protector, I'll volunteer.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That would be great. Maybe they'll even film at the University. It would be funny to see Zombie students shuffling mindlessly through the halls. :lol:

And... new episode tonight! :zombie:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Oh my gosh, that would be amazing if they filmed on our campus. We do have a gorgeous campus -- about 20 years ago they taped a TV series here; I forget what it was.

I wonder who will die in tonight's episode? :rip:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Google says Dawson's Creek.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Not that Dawson's Creek is going to die, that it was filmed at the University of Richmond.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:07 pm
Not that Dawson's Creek is going to die, that it was filmed at the University of Richmond.
:lol:

Yes, now I remember. I watched them taping that show just outside my office. It was 80 degrees outside but all the actors were wearing winter coats because the show took place in winter. That had to be uncomfortable.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Acting is not as glamorous as it looks.

Well, that was an action-packed episode. "We need to get rid of that dead weight." :lol:

And everybody survived. I thought for sure that Wheelchair Guy was a goner, but he really came through with a heroic effort to get those lights back online. And it was Salazar, of all people, who supplied the lights. He seems to have exorcised his demons. I wonder if he's back on the regular cast list now.

And those weren't the only twists. Dorie and Dwight made it to the plane in the nick of time, and Dorie has proposed to June. I guess now they'll have to go back to Alexandria, because Father Gabriel is the only living priest that we know about in the ZA. And besides that, Max Headroom has shown up looking for shelter, since his tough guy friends have apparently turned on him.

Alicia got to take a shower, and Karen Grace thinks she'll be okay, but Alicia's not so sure. Maybe she needs to take more showers. And what about Karen herself? She seems to think she's doomed, but she's showing no obvious signs of radiation sickness. And what about Morgan, who seems to have had some exposure himself? And what the hell was that business with the stick? He gets it back only to have Karen snap it in two? How is that fixing it? Was only half of it radioactive? Poor Morgan. He looked so sad without his stick, and now he looks even sadder with his little dinky half a stick. :(

And back on the other side of the mountains, the nuclear plant has melted down, so we can presume that the area is flooded with radiation-- any other survivors in the area area dead meat, and I wonder if that means Dwight's wife. If so, it would be kind of anticlimactic.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:59 pm
"We need to get rid of that dead weight." :lol:
That was a good line indeed :lol:
And everybody survived. I thought for sure that Wheelchair Guy was a goner, but he really came through with a heroic effort to get those lights back online.
Yeah, I thought he was dead meat. Literally. That was a pretty smooth landing, all things considered.
And what the hell was that business with the stick?
That was weird. The stick gets stepped on, and Morgan appears to be trying to make the shorter version work. Why not just find another mop?

Also, did you hear John and Dwight discuss the gasoline in the car going bad? Is this the first acknowledgement that gas actually goes bad over time?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 am
That was weird. The stick gets stepped on, and Morgan appears to be trying to make the shorter version work. Why not just find another mop?
That stick has sentimental value. I thought for sure he'd get it back eventually.
Also, did you hear John and Dwight discuss the gasoline in the car going bad? Is this the first acknowledgement that gas actually goes bad over time?
Yeah, not only did they discuss it, but it seems that it will be a plot point with Max Headroom's ex-cronies. My thinking was that the Zombie Virus was keeping things like gasoline and rubber from deteriorating as quickly as they normally would.