The Picture Thread IX: Look At That!

Budding photographer, graphic designer, painter, sculptor, drawer? Post your works here, and talk about the works of others.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Picture Thread IX: Look At That!

Post by RJDiogenes »

I should get one of her wearing her own mask, too. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Lupine wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:03 pm
^Brrr!
:lol:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 pm
Elara, you have amazing photoshop skills. How did you remove that house so seamlessly? :eek:
Thank you. :) Honestly? I have no idea, I just look at an image and fix it. When I start on one, I am lost in my own little world.
Years ago, I scanned a drawing of my mother's grandmother or great grandmother, she wasn't sure, and "fixed" the broken off corner, then fixed some other marks from being stuck in a closet (I've gotten better, I should go back and check that again). Then I found a photo of an old barn that was torn down (not my photo). Unfortunately, an old jerk was in the photo and I didn't want to look at him any time I looked at the barn, so once again armed with my free paint.net, I went to work. From that point on, I have fixed several photos, new and old (like my paternal grandfather and his brothers when they were little), and played around making a tiny bigfoot out of horse poop. :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 pm
Wow, you should have a job in special effects. I especially like the tree next to the deer's butt on the right. I'm going to have to examine this more closely. :D
Wouldn't that be great? I could finally put my tiny bigfoot to use. :lol: The big tree is the big Poplar that blew apart in the derecho. The only thing I didn't do, was fix the blurs from the window I took the photo through.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 am
:sweetlove: snow!!!!
You think that, but after awhile, you'd change your mind. :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 pm
And just to show off my own Photoshop skills, here's an improved version of Mom and Bernie:
He really is there! :lol:

There is a big, old Walnut tree in the pasture, not quite record size, but pretty close. Over the years I have taken several photos of the tree because where it stands, it's just really kind of perfect for sunset shots (hence, Twilight Tree). I've got deep reds, deep blues, oranges, snow, etc... Yesterday, it was so warm, and the sun was just high enough to frame it between the branches, and I wanted to see how it would turn out. I actually like the ones with the rays better than the one without, but not by much. :)
Twilight Tree with Sun.jpg
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Elara wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:22 am
Thank you. :) Honestly? I have no idea, I just look at an image and fix it. When I start on one, I am lost in my own little world.
Years ago, I scanned a drawing of my mother's grandmother or great grandmother, she wasn't sure, and "fixed" the broken off corner, then fixed some other marks from being stuck in a closet (I've gotten better, I should go back and check that again). Then I found a photo of an old barn that was torn down (not my photo). Unfortunately, an old jerk was in the photo and I didn't want to look at him any time I looked at the barn, so once again armed with my free paint.net, I went to work. From that point on, I have fixed several photos, new and old
I wish you could show me your mad skills :yes: Do you use photoshop or an online photo editor?
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:42 am
I wish you could show me your mad skills :yes: Do you use photoshop or an online photo editor?
Oh, so you like to be bored out of your mind? :lol: Let me see if I can find the one where I built a horse's legs. It's a good one to give a better idea of what I do, and just how boring it would be to watch. :lol:
No, I use paint.net. I have gimp, which is supposed to be very much like photoshop, but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I am a visual learner, so the few tutorials I have found are like reading another language, with no translations, at all. So, everything I have done, as a dear friend once told me, "is use an impossible to make the possible". I just told her I used what my idiot brain could understand. :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

You think that, but after awhile, you'd change your mind
not me.... i used to love it when it snowed a lot in winter as a kid...an d teen....and its only snowed heavly once in the past 10 years i have been b ack here...now i have a best friend to play snowballs with!!!! ok... a 54 and a 75 year old playing snow balls might not look that good - but it'd feel good! :D
now...here we go...
i took a look in the pond this m orning a nd there are about a dozen or so frogs up....here is one of them
frog.jpg
then i took a hike and....
hike.jpg
here is our reading stash....
read.jpg
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Great shot of the frog! :frog: :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Elara wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:11 pm
I have gimp, which is supposed to be very much like photoshop, but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I am a visual learner, so the few tutorials I have found are like reading another language, with no translations, at all.
There must be video tutorials on YouTube. I've got GIMP, but I haven't used it much. The free copy of Photoshop Elements that came with my scanner fifteen years ago still does just about everything I need. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:23 pm
ok... a 54 and a 75 year old playing snow balls might not look that good - but it'd feel good! :D
Nothing wrong with that.
i took a look in the pond this m orning a nd there are about a dozen or so frogs up....here is one of them
Yes! The frogs. I love the frogs. :D :frog1:
here is our reading stash....
Chris Carter? Is that the X-Files guy?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ no idea.....
we have at least a dozen frogs lazing abut the pond....not much croaking going on though - yet.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's great. I hope you can get some more pics and videos of those froggies. :frog2:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

well we will see....i havent had much time and have a crpa camera....but it seems to take up-close shots fairly well.....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Even more new and improved:

:lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol:
That could be a meme unto itself.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

He looks so real that people will think I Photoshopped him in there, and not that he's actually in the room. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:32 pm
I love this! Is that Bernie's permanent spot in your mom's home?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

So far, yeah. He's kind of in between the fireplace and the TV. I'll post a picture of Chloe making friends with him.