The Weather: Hot and nowhere to go.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Weather: Hot and nowhere to go.

Post by RJDiogenes »

We had some rain overnight and this morning, but I never noticed any thunder and lightning. It was just kind of a soft rain and the clowns were already breaking up when I left. By the time I got to Mom's, it was bright and sunny with big billowing white clowns. Now it's still sunny, but it seems to be clowning up again, and it's very breezy. It's up to 87.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

99º at near 50% humidity from the moisture left by yesterday's rain. The heat index is over 110º.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Ughh, that sounds horrible :no:

Not as bad here but still bad -- 95 and humid. Mid-September can't get here soon enough -- that when our weather begins to shift.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Partly cloudy, cooler, high 81F, low 63F.

:paradise:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Some big storms ripped through after midnight with winds from 60-90mph reported. I had quite the intense rain and accompanying lightning show. My grass is overdue to be cut as my guy has been out of town for the past week and was planning to come out this morning. Meanwhile, the temp is 72º this morning with the forecast calling for a high around 93º. There are whips of clowns in otherwise blue skies.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

The high topped off at 110 yesterday with partly clowny skies and some wind. Low was 72.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We had a high of 87 today with more billowy white clowns, and a nice strong breeze.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Partly cloudy, high 79F, low 60F.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

A few clowns and 92 today. I think today will be the coolest day of the week :no:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

111 yesterday with a few stray clowns and some wind. The thermometer listed the low as 80, but I think that is a hold-over from yesterday as it was still 87 out when I went to bed at 11:30 and 87 when I got up at a little before 6:00.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Flashes of rain around the metro this morning. I had just a few minutes of rain after 6am, so once again my mowing guy has to reschedule. It's sunny with some clowns at 88º (feels like 96º) @62% humidity. The forecast is calling for a high of 98º.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's been mostly clowny with on-and-off sunshine all day. We got some really strong winds for a while, but I didn't notice any rain or thunder. The high was 82.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Summer drags on. Washington DC, a hundred miles north of us, is about to set a record for most consecutive days above 90. Today we'll be 92, which isn't too bad, actually.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I'd rather have the heat, than complain about the Winter. Mostly sunny, high 81F, low 65F.

:paradise:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^You haven't met our heat. :lol:

Only 106 here yesterday with a few stray clowns and some wind. Low was 74, though it was still 87 when I went to bed.