Check-In 105:KP sings dubnium

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In 105:KP sings dubnium

Post by Cayla » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am

Good morning!

I made it to Mom's by 1pm. The internet is working for now. It keeps going out. Terry is peeved about it, and has made several phone calls to the company, yesterday. We spent most of the day working on another family jigsaw puzzle, and in the evening I hike her property. Today, I may venture to Cedar Falls or Ash Cave for a hike, since the state parks are now open.

RJ, The have Fox News on the TV all day. Even if the internet is out, I still have to deal with that craziness.

scottydog, if it were only a 7 hour drive to coastline and palm trees from Cleveland, I'd go every weekend. :D
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Happy Friday, everyone :hello:

The bugs down here are worse than anything I've seen in Central or South America. The Wife and I went for a walk at dusk last evening and we were bitten alive. Not sure what we'll do today. Probably just stay in the AC.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:09 am
shop. plot. yard. dogs....
I hope the dogs are happy to see you.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:35 am
It's my last Friday of the year! :bounce:
And maybe for forever! Congratulations :guitar: :party:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:35 am
Maybe some nice old barns and such in the farmland?
You mean... like Herschel's barn with Sophia in it? :scared: :zombie:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am
scottydog, if it were only a 7 hour drive to coastline and palm trees from Cleveland, I'd go every weekend. :D
We can actually get to palm trees within 5 hours, down near Wilmington, NC. But we have no friends to mooch off there :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Good morning, gang. :coffee2:

Not special plans for today. Trash never showed up yesterday, so maybe today? :unsure:
I did end up in Big Bear yesterday. The site is being torn down and I'll probably end up storing what can be salvaged from the Fairy Forest at my place. How long I can't say as it's uncertain when or if the Faire will ever return.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Lupine wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm
I ended up in Big Bear yesterday. The site is being torn down and I'll probably end up storing what can be salvaged from the Fairy Forest at my place. How long I can't say as it's uncertain when or if the Faire will ever return.
These three sentences would be a great start to a novel.

I've seen encouraging news about COVID vaccine trials being very successful. I think you will have a Faire in 2021 :yes:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

What's this? The weekend? Yowza!
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am
The internet is working for now. It keeps going out. Terry is peeved about it, and has made several phone calls to the company, yesterday.
Sounds like Maddie's situation.
RJ, The have Fox News on the TV all day. Even if the internet is out, I still have to deal with that craziness.
Aarrgh! You'd be better off staying home. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:08 pm
The bugs down here are worse than anything I've seen in Central or South America. The Wife and I went for a walk at dusk last evening and we were bitten alive.
Ugh. You need to stock up on Off.
And maybe for forever! Congratulations :guitar: :party:
Could be. :D
You mean... like Herschel's barn with Sophia in it? :scared: :zombie:
Heh. Perhaps it's best to admire them from a distance. :D
Lupine wrote:
Trash never showed up yesterday, so maybe today? :unsure:
Don't they know how much Trash Day means to us? :no:
I did end up in Big Bear yesterday. The site is being torn down and I'll probably end up storing what can be salvaged from the Fairy Forest at my place. How long I can't say as it's uncertain when or if the Faire will ever return.
Why are they tearing it down? Is this the Faire that has to move, or are they really that uncertain about its return?
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:13 pm
I've seen encouraging news about COVID vaccine trials being very successful. I think you will have a Faire in 2021 :yes:
Ditto. Even a partially effective vaccine would make a huge difference.

:tea:
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Big fire up the hill today. :fire: :unsure: :fire:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Lupine wrote:
Didn't show up today either. :no:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Why are they tearing it down? Is this the Faire that has to move, or are they really that uncertain about its return?
Officially they're moving, but since I've heard more than one vendor saying they won't go to the new site it's future is in doubt.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Lupine wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:52 pm
Big fire up the hill today. :fire: :unsure: :fire:
I just saw. That's too close for comfort. :no:
Didn't show up today either. :no:
What th--? Did they defund the sanitation engineers?
Officially they're moving, but since I've heard more than one vendor saying they won't go to the new site it's future is in doubt.
That would suck. I hope it works out.

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:17 am

RJDiogenes wrote:
Lupine wrote:
I live for Trash Day. Except for the days when I live for Recycling Day. That big truck is cool, and they never miss a day. So I'm worried for you, Lupy. Very worried. It's not like there was a holiday this week. Can you go another week without trash pickup?

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:09 am

GM. early pick up empty arvo day so back later probably

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:16 am

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

And I'm off to breakfast with Mom and Chloe....
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:17 am
I live for Trash Day. Except for the days when I live for Recycling Day. That big truck is cool, and they never miss a day. So I'm worried for you, Lupy. Very worried. It's not like there was a holiday this week. Can you go another week without trash pickup?
I wonder if missed trash pickups are the first sign of the Zombie Apocalypse. :unsure:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:09 am
GM. early pick up empty arvo day so back later probably
Any word on your hospitalized and injured clients?

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

Today we'll take a walk and then our friends are going to take us out on the Coosaw River on their boat. There are gators, so I regret not getting my affairs in order before we left Richmond.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:09 am
early pick up empty arvo day so back later probably
How is your son feeling? Any better?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:16 am
I wonder if missed trash pickups are the first sign of the Zombie Apocalypse. :unsure:
They occasionally do forget to pick up our trash, which sometimes produces a trash emergency. :no:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 pm

Any word on your hospitalized and injured clients?
no - we dont always hear once they go into hospital, as they are taken off our books if its more than overnight. the one that fell is resting but visitable again though.
How is your son feeling? Any better?
he is still uptight ab out tuff - but which bit of stuff is hard to ascertin hen he doesnt hold conversations very often. a passing grunt of greeting doesnt really inform me beyond m others instinct....but there is no new em ail, so nothing he wants to discuss...

as to today its been messy... i was due to be picked up at 7 - ended up being 8.45. I then did my firt client and had to wait for a lift to the second - did the second and had to alert office about weepy ulcers, part way to the third and final client my coworker said i should ring the office in case my alert hadnt registered - and they suggested i return to the cient to call our non-emergency medical aid number. i did the final client and the driver had gone awol again, then finally got to drop off the other carers and return to the weepy ulcers client - only to find the nurse had visited her anyway. i now settle down for a hot vegan chocolate drink and a slice of home made chili loaf and olive spread - only to find i have dropped a filling. :( oh well tis 2.30pm....and nothing pencilled in - so.....im outer here...

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Good morning, fellow trash watchers.

Trash was picked up this morning! At 6:10 am. :yawn:
As for the aftermath of the fire, it looks to be out save a hot spot or two. Fire crews sat up there the entire night and this morning some relief crews went up the road. The good news is that not as many homes were lost as I feared, though planes did drop phos-chek directly on a couple of them making for some pink houses up there.
As for today we're expecting some things from the Faire to be delivered here for storage at some point.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:41 pm
Today we'll take a walk and then our friends are going to take us out on the Coosaw River on their boat. There are gators, so I regret not getting my affairs in order before we left Richmond.
But you might look cool with a hook for a hand. :crocodile:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 pm
i now settle down for a hot vegan chocolate drink and a slice of home made chili loaf and olive spread - only to find i have dropped a filling. :( oh well tis 2.30pm....and nothing pencilled in - so.....im outer here...

Ouch. :sick:

scottydog
Consul
Consul

Post by scottydog » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Lupine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:16 pm
That's pretty early :lol: Our trash truck comes at 7am Wednesdays like clockwork. There is literally never any variation.
Lupine wrote:
As for the aftermath of the fire, it looks to be out save a hot spot or two. Fire crews sat up there the entire night and this morning some relief crews went up the road. The good news is that not as many homes were lost as I feared, though planes did drop phos-chek directly on a couple of them making for some pink houses up there.
Glad to hear it's almost out and that it didn't do as much harm as it could have. Your photos made it look pretty big and pretty bad.
Lupine wrote:
But you might look cool with a hook for a hand. :crocodile::
Indeed :lol: We saw an alligator floating in a pond we walked by this morning. I wanted so badly to get closer for a good photo, but The Wife wouldn't let me :sob:
Madeliaette wrote:
i was due to be picked up at 7 - ended up being 8.45. I then did my firt client and had to wait for a lift to the second - did the second and had to alert office about weepy ulcers, part way to the third and final client my coworker said i should ring the office in case my alert hadnt registered - and they suggested i return to the cient to call our non-emergency medical aid number. i did the final client and the driver had gone awol again, then finally got to drop off the other carers and return to the weepy ulcers client - only to find the nurse had visited her anyway. i now settle down for a hot vegan chocolate drink and a slice of home made chili loaf and olive spread - only to find i have dropped a filling. :(
Oh no, what a day. Why are your drivers AWOL? And your filling, ughh, that's not good. You don't need any more dental pain :no:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:37 pm

scottydog wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:11 pm
Glad to hear it's almost out and that it didn't do as much harm as it could have. Your photos made it look pretty big and pretty bad.
It was rather both. Looking through the binoculars this morning you can see that the fire had jumped two lines of phos-chek that the planes had laid down.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

No turkeys this week, but I did get a good shot of a bunny.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:41 pm
Boating in gator-infested waters is certainly my idea of a relaxing weekend. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
the one that fell is resting but visitable again though.
That's good news, at least.
i did the final client and the driver had gone awol again
Did they come back or did you have to call for another ride?
only to find i have dropped a filling. :(
Ouch. Will you be able to get it fixed on Monday?
Lupine wrote:
The Mystery of the Late Trash Collection.
As for the aftermath of the fire, it looks to be out save a hot spot or two. Fire crews sat up there the entire night and this morning some relief crews went up the road. The good news is that not as many homes were lost as I feared
Wow, I didn't realize that it claimed any houses. No injuries, I hope.
planes did drop phos-chek directly on a couple of them making for some pink houses up there.
John Mellencamp will be happy, at least.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:11 pm
Indeed :lol: We saw an alligator floating in a pond we walked by this morning. I wanted so badly to get closer for a good photo, but The Wife wouldn't let me :sob:
This is where a telephoto lens would come in handy. Besides, alligators can put on bursts of speed of about 30mph, so keeping your distance won't save you if they want to eat you.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:37 pm
It was rather both. Looking through the binoculars this morning you can see that the fire had jumped two lines of phos-chek that the planes had laid down.
At least this one didn't turn into a major conflagration.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:48 pm

This thread is over 500 posts so we should set it on fire and start anew.

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire_engine: