Check-In 108: Abundant Palindromic Tetranacci

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Check-In 108: Abundant Palindromic Tetranacci

Post by Madeliaette »

here we gos...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In 108: Abundant Palindromic Tetranacci

Post by RJDiogenes »

Here we go. I wonder if we'll have abundant palindromes. Able was I, ere I saw Elba!

Good morning, everyone. :hello:
Gary wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm
Well, the person who won my cell phone auction hasn't paid. I filed a case with eBay that the bidder hasn't paid. I have to wait a few days for the bidder to respond. Ebay will close the case if there is no response, after which I'll either relist it or offer the next highest bidder a second chance offer.
That's a pain in the neck. Hopefully they were just having a busy day or something. I wonder if you can get banned from eBay for not paying up.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:06 pm
We made good headway on the Encyclopedia project today. We whittled the number of entries from 434 down to 382. The goal is to pare it down to roughly 300.
I probably didn't make the cut again. :(
You are correct. My stepson spent his entire childhood alone in his bedroom, playing games on his phone. No wonder he's a mess. :no:
There's one of the side effects of mobile devices and social media.
This isn't supposed to be your stressful time of year. Now I'll really be worried about you in January :no:
I don't think there will be any non-stressful times anymore.
This is really amazing and I love it. But I'd need someone to build it for me -- unless some entrepreneurial person begins marketing one.
The woman in the video should have filed a patent instead of making the video. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:11 am
GM Madi's leg might just be athrtitis...i dont know. all i heard was that she has to have her meds fed into her mouth then get a treat, and she was whining in pain all morning so got extra pats....
I hate to see animals suffer like that. They can't even understand why they have pain. :(

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

well Madi gets ok when you fuss her - or she gets her pain meds....its hopefuly only temporary. to me palin = micheal the travel man and tatra is cartons or tetris....lol.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, everyone :hello:

Today we'll have a guest speaker in our class - the Assistant Dean of Diversity, Inclusivity, and Thriving. Yes, that's her title. Because we're talking so much about racial bias in class this year, she'll be able to enlighten us about all the campus initiatives in place to combat racism.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:11 am
Madi's leg might just be athrtitis...i dont know. all i heard was that she has to have her meds fed into her mouth then get a treat, and she was whining in pain all morning so got extra pats....
Yeah, if she's 10 years old, it could very well be arthritis. I'm glad the meds help.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:44 am
Here we go. I wonder if we'll have abundant palindromes. Able was I, ere I saw Elba!
Two of my favorites are Never Odd Or Even and Was It A Rat I Saw?
RJDiogenes wrote:
I probably didn't make the cut again. :(
For this edition, we're not including people, only leadership concepts, theories, & principles. So you're not only one missing the cut.
Last edited by scottydog on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:

Gary wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm
Well, the person who won my cell phone auction hasn't paid. I filed a case with eBay that the bidder hasn't paid. I have to wait a few days for the bidder to respond. Ebay will close the case if there is no response, after which I'll either relist it or offer the next highest bidder a second chance offer.
That's a pain in the neck. Hopefully they were just having a busy day or something. I wonder if you can get banned from eBay for not paying up.
Habitual offenders can be banned. I checked my email last night, just as I was preparing to turn in for the evening, and voila -- payment received. I have the box packed and ready to go. Meanwhile, I'm after two more pocket gophers who keep burying my traps.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning. :hello:

I got to sleep late this morning. Well, I didn't get up until 8:15 or so.

It's Wednesday? Hmmm...... Don't know what I'm going to do today. I'll figure something out. Got a few projects that still need doing.

You all have a nice day. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :mask:

Need to hunt down some groceries today.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

The one developer on my team, who had been hospitalized for Covid, passed away this morning. Needless to say, we're all glum. I had a fear that if he recovered he'd be out until December, if that. This really sucks, because he was a wealth of knowledge, a great mentor, and a great guy.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

My Mother had to go for COVID testing today, because somebody in her church tested positive. She may not know the result for a week or so, but the chances of her being exposed are very small.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:05 am
well Madi gets ok when you fuss her - or she gets her pain meds....
Just like the rest of us. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:51 am
Two of my favorites are Never Odd Or Even and Was It A Rat I Saw?
My favorite is Boston Did Not Sob, because I made it up (as far as I know).
Gary wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am
Habitual offenders can be banned. I checked my email last night, just as I was preparing to turn in for the evening, and voila -- payment received.
Great. :thumbsup:
Meanwhile, I'm after two more pocket gophers who keep burying my traps.
Put them on eBay. :lol:
jgc wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:24 pm
I got to sleep late this morning. Well, I didn't get up until 8:15 or so.
Someday I'll be able to do that, assuming I can break the habits of about forty years.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:34 pm
The one developer on my team, who had been hospitalized for Covid, passed away this morning. Needless to say, we're all glum. I had a fear that if he recovered he'd be out until December, if that. This really sucks, because he was a wealth of knowledge, a great mentor, and a great guy.
Oh, man, I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences to everyone. We all have to be really careful. :no:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Gary wrote:
:( That's terrible.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm
My Mother had to go for COVID testing today, because somebody in her church tested positive. She may not know the result for a week or so, but the chances of her being exposed are very small.
:fingers_crossed:
Hope for the best.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Thanks. I'm sure she'll be fine. :yes:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today's classes went pretty well. The weather was so nice and warm that I had to go for a walk and a bike ride before it got dark.
jgc wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:24 pm
You all have a nice day. :thumbsup:
I hope you do, too! :thumbsup:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:16 pm
Need to hunt down some groceries today.
I hope you sharpened your spears :neanderthal:
Gary wrote:
Damn, that's such sad news :no: Did he have any pre-existing conditions -- obesity, diabetes, hypertension?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm
My favorite is Boston Did Not Sob, because I made it up (as far as I know).
That's so cool that you thought of your own palindrome sentence! Was it a car or a cat I saw? :james:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. ahead an empty day - i shall go down the plot at lunchtime or afternoon - but as for the morn - either study or a stret walk to someplace i think - too wet to slosh thru muddy puddles in the woodland.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's Thursday! :bounce:
scottydog wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:28 pm
That's so cool that you thought of your own palindrome sentence! Was it a car or a cat I saw? :james:
That's pretty good. Maybe we should have a palindrome thread. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:26 am
too wet to slosh thru muddy puddles in the woodland.
That could be fun, if it's not too cold. :lol: