Questions Only VI: How Much Is Too Much?

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Questions Only VI: How Much Is Too Much?

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:02 am
But I do like a 20-year term limit for SCOTUS.
That's a long time. It might be a good compromise.
As a professor who has watched his expiration date come and go, I realize that new blood in any organization is very important. Not all people become living anachronisms in their profession, but I believe that most do.
I don't think that most do. I think society benefits from people with the wisdom and experience to cultivate the young. As the current generation demonstrates, the naivete and self righteousness of youth is far more damaging than any theoretical drawbacks of age. The ever-shortening life span of technology should not be applied to human beings.
If Biden decides not to run in 2024, what Democratic candidate would you want to see run, and which Dem candidate has the best chance of winning?
If Biden doesn't run, chances are that Harris will and she has as good a chance as anybody, assuming The Donald runs too. There's very little chance that he can win, barring some catastrophic event. If it's a Republican, then it comes down to who it is and how they sell themselves. We may come down to two single-term administrations before things return to something approaching normalcy.

As for good candidates other than Biden and Harris, my choice at the beginning of the last cycle was Corey Booker. Everybody else seemed rather lackluster. What did you think of him?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I like Corey. His balditude impresses me :lol:

But he's good in ways that transcend the scalp. He's smart. He's eloquent. He's progressive.

What do you like most about him?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Despite his balditude, he sounds like a Hippie when he speaks and is good at dodging the extremists in his party, and we could sure use someone who resembles a Liberal out there in a leadership position.

Do you think Harris will make it to the presidency, one way or the other?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

who is harris?
(& have you n oted its page 26 ----not 21, 22,23,24, or25 ...b ut 26 in the thread! :eek:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:58 am
who is harris?
Kamala Harris, the current vice president.
(& have you n oted its page 26 ----not 21, 22,23,24, or25 ...b ut 26 in the thread! :eek:
That's a good question. The answer is no, and thanks for pointing it out. :lol:

The new thread is here.