Sea Creature Lounge- The Art of the Film

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Sea Creature Lounge- The Art of the Film

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:45 pm
Funnily enough both had theatrical releases as well before migrating to TV. I have seen both in both versions. In the theatrical release of Battlestar Galactica Baltar gets killed off while he is spared on TV.
Oh, yeah, I remember that now. I think that version was available as a rental.
In Buck Rogers Tiger Man gets a bomb stuck down his pants but is likewise spared the indignity on TV. Buck Rogers also got a rather off-the-wall opening sequence in the theaters.
Kind of anticipated "Faith of the Heart" there. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

And if my hazy memories of yesteryear are accurate they used that song in the end credits of the final episode of the first season.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm also thinking that the theatrical version of Galactica was a bit more risque than the TV version, but I don't remember details.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Space. The final frontier. Limitless vistas and endless wonders. And the best part of it all is the thrilling possibility of discovering strange new life forms. Unless they're too strange. That's when the spouses back home start collecting life insurance. Our theme this week is "Let's Put The Universal Back Into Universal Precautions." The concession stand will be serving thoroughly washed, cooked, and antibiotic-laden foodstuffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlkEY-3CMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCHodcUutQ

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :saucer:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Boy, space can be hell. :lol:
I've seen Event Horizon some years ago. Not a bad film, though not exactly my cup of tea. The Dark Side of the Moon sounds familiar, at least the title, but I'm certain I haven't seen it.
:rocket: :devil:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I literally just found Dark Side of the Moon yesterday, which is amazing since it's named after the best-selling or longest-charting or something-est album of all time. Where has it been hiding? :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Film Noir. The genre that asks the question, "Why did they have to spell it that way?" A genre, however, that is filled to the brim with coolness: Tough private eyes, femme fatales, guns, knives, poison, deep shadows, and cryptic last words-- throw in some magic and monsters and you're crossing the double yellow line of danger! Or something. Our theme this week is "What's Black And White And Gray All Over?" The concession stand will be serving hard-boiled eggs and Little Caesar salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka-1ekOcRcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVcYIJ0StHk

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Both of these are new to me, though I'm surprised my parents didn't blind rent them back in the day of VHS rentals.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Amazingly, I never heard of either one before either. The second one is supposed to be a sequel to the first, although it seems inconsistent.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

A little-known fact about the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature is that we have an entire research project dedicated to tracking down modern-day homages to the vintage B-Movies of yesteryear. We now bring you one of our periodic updates. Our theme this week is "We Don't Need No Stinking Budget." The concession stand will be serving "food" that comes in plain white packaging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQi9orxeIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRDSHeO-K-g

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Who needs AI? :veryhappy:
I can't wait for the big budget remakes. All they need to do is raise another $5!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Hey, I'll give them ten bucks. Then they can make it a trilogy. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Fermi Paradox asks the question, "Where Are The Aliens?" The Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature replies, "They're standing right behind you!" The good news is that the beings from another world have come here for a little game-- the bad news is that you're the little game. Our theme this week is "On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!" The concession stand will be serving anything that fattens you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFmgXxDS8hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wDBNHYDv8

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :alien2:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Without Warning seems a bit familiar but I'm not sure I've seen it or only parts of it. I have seen Predator though and it was fairly good- and better than any of the sequels.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I only discovered Without Warning within the past week-- it looks like a really bad movie with a really cool cast. Martin Landau, Jack Palance, Sue Ane Langdon, Larry Storch. And the complete movie is on YouTube.