Sea Creature Lounge- The Art of the Film

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Sea Creature Lounge- The Art of the Film

Post by Lupine »

New Theater opening!

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Sea Creature Lounge- The Art of the Film

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, good, the new pocket universe has settled into place. Looks like Rexie and Kong and the Used Whale have landed in their proper places. The Mermaid and Penguins are in the pool. The Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature is in business!

For starters, let's give the new projectors a workout with a couple of nice documentaries about blood-- that warm, life-giving fluid that flows through our juicy veins. Our theme this week is "It Is Better To Give Blood Than Receive It." The concession stand will be serving cookies and orange juice. Don't stand up too quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGH5iZt-ya0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uJki3EhbIA

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :Ahhh: :nurse:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Haven't seen these. Always good to see Hazel Court though. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Hazel Court was great. It's too bad her only nude scene has never turned up.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Alas, this was the closest I could find.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's actually the scene. She says that there's a "European print," but it's either lost or MIA.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

One thing that everybody knows about B-Movies is that they are all completely and entirely original. Each one is an entirely innovative idea and nobody ever copies or rips off anyone else. We here at the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature would like to celebrate that originality by showing two movies that bear absolutely no resemblance to a blockbuster hit that preceded them in theaters by only a short time. Our theme this week is "Carrie On." The concession stand will be serving no-name brand foodstuffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bqg_sMaF0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWc3qqogmWM

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :Ahhh: :vixen:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Carrie on! :veryhappy:

Jennifer is another of those films that looks vaguely familiar, but I can;t be sure if I've seen it or not. I am certain I have never seen Aenigma in any language.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:25 pm
Carrie on! :veryhappy:
:D
Jennifer is another of those films that looks vaguely familiar, but I can;t be sure if I've seen it or not. I am certain I have never seen Aenigma in any language.
I don't think I've heard of either one. Aenigma is available on YouTube, though.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Those dratted supply chain issues are screwing up everything-- which is why the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature is a day late this week. Contrary to rumor, it has nothing to do with us losing track of the days. Our theme this week is "The 13th Day of Christmas." The concession stand will be serving... uh... looks like fruitcake or a dinosaur fossil or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyaJkLJK4gM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywy4R8Hhi7g

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :Ahhh: :wreath:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

If Santa Claus Conquers the Martians didn't exist, someone would have to invent it. :lol:
Rare Exports looks pretty good. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before.

I had thought of opening the theater, but I couldn't really think of what to play.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's okay. I meant to, but I didn't even think of it until after we opened presents last night.

That Rare Exports looks absolutely insane. I never heard of it before I accidentally found it today.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

As the old year is dragged off to be dumped in a landfill somewhere and the new year still has that new-year smell, we here at the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature would like to do our part to get this baby off to a good start. So let's have a couple of movies where the future isn't a blighted wasteland (at least not all of the time). Our theme this week is "Save A Little Future For Me." The concession stand will be serving Chinese food, every hour on the hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2UWOeBcsJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wemRBFFbhKI

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :bounce:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

2001 had the advantage of being a sci-fi film that was taken seriously as an art form rather than just low-budget entertainment for kids.
Things to Come did try though with good results.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We really need more of that sort of thing. :lol: