2022 Politics: Pestilence and Turmoil.

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2022 Politics: Pestilence and Turmoil.

Post by Lupine »

Meanwhile Iran is finally shutting down it's Morality Police. :iran:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:17 pm
Meanwhile Iran is finally shutting down it's Morality Police. :iran:
Now that's really something. I was kind of expecting something to give, but this is really notable. Iran is a really weird country. The people in general are pretty educated and Western in their thinking, and are determined to do away with totalitarian rule, but it's quite an uphill climb. This is a really good development for them. I hope the Chinese make out as well. And the Russians, for that matter. Come to think of it, things could be coming to a bit of a historical conflux here.
Gary wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:16 pm
It took only 200+ years for the 27th Amendment to be ratified!
I know, right? And there's one still pending after a hundred or two hundred years or whatever regarding child labor laws. This is what happens when you don't impose a deadline! :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:03 pm
Speaking of the Constitution, Trump wants to be reinstalled even if that means the "termination" of all the rules including the Constitution. :rolleyes:
That's hilarious. I can't wait to to hear reactions by Mitch, et al, if they even have the spine to say anything. It's really great to live in a time when the two dominant ideologies both want to do away with the Constitution.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:22 am
Amazing how a certifiably insane person became our president :no:
We should definitely have an Amendment prohibiting that. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:27 pm
Lupine wrote:
Speaking of the Constitution, Trump wants to be reinstalled even if that means the "termination" of all the rules including the Constitution. :rolleyes:
That's hilarious. I can't wait to to hear reactions by Mitch, et al, if they even have the spine to say anything. It's really great to live in a time when the two dominant ideologies both want to do away with the Constitution.
Okay, let me get this straight. We know that Trump incited the January 6th insurrection, during which people died, and yet he was never arrested.

And now we know that Trump, after taking an oath to uphold the Constitution, is doing everything he can to violate it, and yet he'll never be arrested.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:27 pm
Lupine wrote:
As usual, the GoP doesn't really care.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

And Iran is now denying that they're shutting down the Morality Police. :rolleyes:

And meanwhile in the same universe....

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:15 am
Okay, let me get this straight. We know that Trump incited the January 6th insurrection, during which people died, and yet he was never arrested.
The DOJ will get all the evidence that the committee has collected, and then it's up to them to make a decision whether or not to press charges. They won't charge Comrade Donald with sedition in connection with the attack on Washington unless they think it's a slam dunk. It's probably much more likely that he'll be charged and convicted in connection with election tampering on the State level in Georgia, since they have a gun that's smoking more than a Hawaiian volcano to enter into evidence.
And now we know that Trump, after taking an oath to uphold the Constitution, is doing everything he can to violate it, and yet he'll never be arrested.
It's pretty next to impossible to arrest someone for something as abstract as violating an oath-- how many currently sitting Congress Critters uphold the Constitution?
Gary wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:29 am
As usual, the GoP doesn't really care.
Hardly surprising. Between collaborating with Putin and trying to overturn the election, they've declared themselves a hostile foreign power. So why not burn our foundational documents?
Gary wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:22 pm
You tell 'em, George. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:44 pm
And Iran is now denying that they're shutting down the Morality Police. :rolleyes:
Damn it, and after they gave me a happy moment. :no:
And meanwhile in the same universe....
We should train some of those AIs on the Founding Fathers. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Which is in reference to this.
:judge:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Lupine wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:43 pm
Jury finds Trump Organization guilty of tax fraud
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Which changes no Trump supporter's opinion of Trump whatsoever. And will have no consequences for Trump personally at all.

Until he dies, he'll just go on being a menace to society.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:43 pm
I suppose I should have mentioned that the cartoon panel is a link. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:03 pm
Nah, he's pretty much all done now. We can hardly hope that he'll even get the Republican nomination at this point.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

And Warnock wins Georgia! :us:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:03 pm
Which changes no Trump supporter's opinion of Trump whatsoever. And will have no consequences for Trump personally at all.

Actually, there are a lot of indirect consequences which will have a major impact. I read some comments on this from a source where someone pointed out the NYAG's civil suit will now have more teeth. The Trump Org's charter has been revoked, and by losing this lawsuit Trump & Co. are effectively shut out of financial institutions. No more loans to play whatever weird con games he keeps running to continue his grifting. There are a couple of other points I missed, but overall this is a major hit. He is also becoming more toxic to the GOP. The question is whether or when the GOP will cut out the Trump cancer.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

You'd think the GOP would see DeSantis as their new Savior and dump Trump like the trash he is.