2022 Politics: Pestilence and Turmoil.

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: 2022 Politics: Pestilence and Turmoil.

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's pretty much happening, because they're realizing that he's become more of a liability. It's not about him being cancer or trash, it's about whether or not he can put Right-Wing butts into official seats.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm
You'd think the GOP would see DeSantis as their new Savior and dump Trump like the trash he is.
Hopefully, DeSantis and Trump will end up fighting and cause a split in the ranks. Then, assuming DeSantis wins, Trump supporters will sit out the next election. I can definitely see that happening.

Meanwhile, Search by ‘outside firm’ found more classified documents in Trump storage unit, report saysl

The Rosenbergs were executed on a lie. That's all I have to say.

Oh wait. There's MORE!
Trump-appointed judge: There is 'a colorable claim of incitement' against the former president

New York AG asks judge to reject Trump lawsuit seeking emergency protections
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

And in other news Brittney Griner is being freed in return for Viktor Bout. Paul Whelan, who's been there for years now, was excluded.
As usual Conservatives are critical of this, and in this case I don't blame them as the optics of this are pretty bad with a sports celebrity seemingly getting preferential treatment.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Gary wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:10 am
Hopefully, DeSantis and Trump will end up fighting and cause a split in the ranks.
It's a nice wish.
Lupine wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:10 pm
And in other news Brittney Griner is being freed in return for Viktor Bout. Paul Whelan, who's been there for years now, was excluded.
As usual Conservatives are critical of this, and in this case I don't blame them as the optics of this are pretty bad with a sports celebrity seemingly getting preferential treatment.
It's hardly a fair trade -- a woman carrying some harmless CBD into Russia versus a ruthless arms dealer. But at least we got her back home.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

And in other news a commentary on Salon pretty much dumps on everybody (mostly the press).
:curses:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:26 pm
And in other news a commentary on Salon pretty much dumps on everybody (mostly the press).
:curses:
I think he's right, unfortunately.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I agree. We're suffering from societal failures across the board.
That's encouraging. I'm starting to get a real sense of things unraveling.

I also got a kick out of this link in the article: Kellyanne Conway: 'I'm the one Trump official with no subpoenas, indictments and investigations' :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:10 pm
Well, she's a kid in a Russian gulag. I think some Russian thug is a small price.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I think my wife is correct that the best thing that could happen to the Republican party is for Trump to either die or go to jail.

Who is Paul Whelan and why are the Russians holding him?
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Wiki has a page for him.

Meanwhile Kyrsten Sinema is changing from Democrat to Independent. It's been suggested that she is trying to stave off the inevitable primary challenge in the next election. But this does likely mean that the Senate won't be as firmly in Democratic control as it had been hoped.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I doubt if she'll vote any differently than her history would suggest. I wish more people would abandon the parties and go independent. I'm still disappointed that guys like Weld and Romney didn't resign the day after the attempted coup.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Sinema is like Manchin -- a big attention whore only out for herself. I hope the Dem machine trounces her when she's up for re-election.

Meanwhile, here's the latest on the Trump team's contempt saga.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I suspect we'll see some action in 2023, after the holidays and once the DOJ has the committee's final report available. That's really the window of opportunity, with the elections over and nothing else until the next big one in 24.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Actually, the corporate takeover of politics began with the advent of political parties-- which are corporations.

That being said, I'm one of those odd ducks who think bribery should be illegal. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Meanwhile...
Yesterday Trump was teasing a "Major Announcement". Today we know know what game-changing plans he has in mind! They are, wait for it.... a superhero themed NFT collection. :mellow:
My world is rocked.