What Are You Dreaming?

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Are You Dreaming?

Post by RJDiogenes »

That reminds me of a dream I had a couple of nights ago. I was wandering through corridors, searching for something, so it was similar to a hospital dream, but it didn't feel like a hospital dream. The corridors were narrow and had green stucco walls, wood floors, and white ceilings, as well as white woodwork. It was kind of like a maze and there were side corridors, but the side corridors were all dead ends. Sometimes they were straight, sometimes L-shaped, sometimes a bit more complicated, but they always dead ended and there was always some kind of bureau at the end. There were also other people in the dream looking around, but I have no idea what any of us were looking for.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Looking for a way to wake up? :lol:

Last night I dreamed that I was outside and looking up I saw a huge airplane nearly hovering in the sky. It was rather pill shaped with three rows of windows on the side with short wings. As I watched it it started to move around, almost looking like it was going to fall out of the sky a couple of times. Then as it moved it started getting faster, circling around the valley. I was watching it wondering what it was and why I hadn't heard of it before.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

RJD, this dream reminds me of The 12 Tasks of Asterix. One of the tasks is to go into an office and get permit A-38. Every clark sends him to another, all across the office, upstairs and down again until he almost loses his mind. He finally beats the officials with their own weapon, pretending there is a new permit A-39. Naturally, none of the clarks has heard of it and so they all journey through the building themselves, in search of that mysterious document.

Lupy, that plane sounds very familiar. I am certain I have seen one like that, only I can't recall where. In a childrens book or a cartoon, I think. White, rather round, almost shperical, stubby wings and in the image I have in mind it flies from left to right.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Possible. I might have seen something like it on TV or something and my subconscious just dredged it up.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:41 pm
^Looking for a way to wake up? :lol:
Wow, yeah, dreamers looking for an exit. That's a cool idea.
Last night I dreamed that I was outside and looking up I saw a huge airplane nearly hovering in the sky. It was rather pill shaped with three rows of windows on the side with short wings. As I watched it it started to move around, almost looking like it was going to fall out of the sky a couple of times. Then as it moved it started getting faster, circling around the valley. I was watching it wondering what it was and why I hadn't heard of it before.
That's fascinating, because it reminds me of the 19th-century "airships" that people used to see in place of UFOs.
huggle wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:27 pm
RJD, this dream reminds me of The 12 Tasks of Asterix. One of the tasks is to go into an office and get permit A-38. Every clark sends him to another, all across the office, upstairs and down again until he almost loses his mind. He finally beats the officials with their own weapon, pretending there is a new permit A-39. Naturally, none of the clarks has heard of it and so they all journey through the building themselves, in search of that mysterious document.
I've got that. I love those old Asterix books. :D
Lupy, that plane sounds very familiar. I am certain I have seen one like that, only I can't recall where. In a childrens book or a cartoon, I think. White, rather round, almost shperical, stubby wings and in the image I have in mind it flies from left to right.
Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:16 pm
^Possible. I might have seen something like it on TV or something and my subconscious just dredged it up.
I wonder if you both have also seen those stories about the 19th-century airships.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I've read about them in various UFO books and even the old History Channel show Wild West Tech had an episode about them.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Now y'all have me wondering if the image of a flying cylindrical object is, in the vocabulary of Carl Jung, an archetypal image. If humans and their ancestors spent millions of years gazing at heavenly objects the skies in imaginative wonder, could humans have developed a hypersensitivity to round-ish airborn objects?

If so, it's not surprising they appear in our dreams and visions, nor is it surprising we get all excited about UFOs and undergo confabulations, transfigurations, and exaggerations about them.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

It is curious that kind of imagery appears to often.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

dreamt that a piece of tree trunk moved around. When I lifted it to see what was moving it, it turned out to be gazillions of spiders that tried to bite me. For some reason they had no chelicerae (claw-like jaws) like spiders ought to have but flat leaf-shaped structures that formed a sort of beak or forceps. I think I literally dreamt up a new class of animals.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :eek: :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:46 pm
It is curious that kind of imagery appears to often.
It seems like people have always seen flying objects in the sky-- always similar, but always in terms of the technology of the times.
huggle wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:17 pm
dreamt that a piece of tree trunk moved around. When I lifted it to see what was moving it, it turned out to be gazillions of spiders that tried to bite me. For some reason they had no chelicerae (claw-like jaws) like spiders ought to have but flat leaf-shaped structures that formed a sort of beak or forceps. I think I literally dreamt up a new class of animals.
Whoa, that's a good one. That's what we call a story seed. :lol:

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

it's very unusual for me to recall a dream, but this one was so extremely vivid. After almost 2 days I still remember that they were brown and had a slightly curved light orange stripe along both flanks. The stripes merged at the back, so that they formed a drop-like shape. Maybe that was inspired by tropical seeds or African eyed beans. To my best knowledge I was never able to recall so much detail from a dream. Must be some cosmic radiation :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I knew it. Betelgeuse exploded. The advance wave of neutrinos is popping our neurons. :lol:

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

or it's some pollution or alien microbe raining down in the spent ISS battery that is predicted to crash on Earth today.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I'll be on the lookout.