What Are You Dreaming?

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Re: What Are You Dreaming?

Post by huggle »

perhaps a chain of subconscious associations:
destroyed bridge, monster (godzilla, for example), king kong, gorilla
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I dreamed that I had gotten out of bed and I saw that the neighbors had completed the fence that had been building (very slowly in RL) but that they had also made a pair of concrete walkways over to my porch- which was larger than in real life and made of concrete which it isn't. Weirdly a pair of space shuttle launch pads had also been constructed, which concerned me as a launch that close to the house would cause major damage. But then I realized that the space shuttles had been retired and I was wondering if the facilities had been built for some other reason, but I woke up before I could investigate. :rocket:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm
Okay, this is inexplicable: I was driving South on Route 3 on a little motor scooter, with an RV over in the other lane, approaching the Furnace Brook Parkway exit. Just beyond the exit I could see a crashed 1950s mobile home, one of those silvery spaceship designs. And then I spotted the two big gorillas who had apparently escaped from it, wandering around on the highway. The smart thing to do would have been to turn around and go back the way I came, so of course I veered off onto the exit ramp, thinking that I could escape that way. One of the gorillas spotted the RV and went off to intercept it and the other gorilla spotted me and started loping across the grass next to the highway toward me. The scooter had no pickup whatsoever and it was pretty clear that the gorilla was going to get me, but... I woke up. :lol:
That was a good one. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am
perhaps a chain of subconscious associations:
destroyed bridge, monster (godzilla, for example), king kong, gorilla
They did look more Kong-like than real gorillas.
Lupine wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 pm
I dreamed that I had gotten out of bed and I saw that the neighbors had completed the fence that had been building (very slowly in RL) but that they had also made a pair of concrete walkways over to my porch- which was larger than in real life and made of concrete which it isn't. Weirdly a pair of space shuttle launch pads had also been constructed, which concerned me as a launch that close to the house would cause major damage. But then I realized that the space shuttles had been retired and I was wondering if the facilities had been built for some other reason, but I woke up before I could investigate. :rocket:
Maybe they weren't launch pads, but... landing pads. :unsure:
That was a good one. :lol:
I wonder if I could turn it into a story. Why was somebody transporting two gorillas toward the Cape in a retro-futuristic camper? :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Only remember bits and pieces from last night. In one segment I was trying to work a microwave- like the ones you see in an AM/PM- but couldn't get it to work. In another our mesquite tree caught fire and I was trying to put it out. And later I was with my aunt and some person I don't know driving up our road, but for some reason we were in an F-15. :conf:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, that's cool. Is the road long enough to get you airborne? :flying:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Long enough, yes. Wide enough for an F-15... no.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Didn't think of that. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Dreamed quite extensively last night but the only part I remember was looking out the window and seeing a waterfall and a pond at the base of the mountains. But in the dream the mountains were only a short walk away so I grabbed my camera to take pictures. And there appeared to be a college campus nearby as well and my eldest cousin was there taking classes. I woke up as I reached the pond.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's very cool. I love the waterfall and the pond. There's a topic for the AI art generator. :D

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Lost most of everything last night but I do remember something about a girl I was inordinately fond of from back from high school coming back to town.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I hope it was a good something. :sly: :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I wish. :lol:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^ I wish I dreamt "good somethings" about girls and women. My dreams often center on my insecurities. Like last night I dreamed that I kept breaking various computing devices by dropping them, spilling water on them, etc. Suddenly I had a list of 4 devices (ipad, laptop, etc) that I had to replace before the Wife got home. If she saw all the damage I'd done, she'd kill me :lol:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol:
Another night where I lost most of what I was dreaming about. The only thing I remember is the neighbor's dog, Panthero, coming over (which he does occasionally in RL) but in the dream he had a goat with him. :conf:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The power of suggestion: I dreamed about my old girlfriend, who was a social worker at St Margaret's. It was a hospital dream, but the hospital looked kind of like a mall and was very crowded. I was walking with her, but every time I glanced away she would veer off in another direction and I had to go chasing after her. Not too hard to figure that one out. :lol: