What Are You Dreaming?

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Are You Dreaming?

Post by RJDiogenes »

Whoa, I hadn't heard that. I'll watch the skies. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I had a dream where it was almost like watching a movie. It seemed like one of those 60s spy dramas with a sci-fi twist. Something to do with invading aliens disguised as people. Can't remember too many details at this point.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

With some people I, too, wonder if they are human. Politicians, corona-deniers, xenophobics etc

(Sorry, just a fit of frustration there.)
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:58 pm
I had a dream where it was almost like watching a movie. It seemed like one of those 60s spy dramas with a sci-fi twist. Something to do with invading aliens disguised as people. Can't remember too many details at this point.
Did they have problems with their pinky fingers? :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I remember going to the Post Office but finding that a lot of the PO Boxes, including mine, were missing and complaining to the manager about it. :conf:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Hmm. That's interesting. Were they missing as in a gap in the wall or missing as in there was a blank wall where they used to be?

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Blank wall.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Kind of Hitchcockian for Hitchcock Day. :D

I had a good one last night and I wish I could remember more of it. I went to the Moon, and I think Lupy and scotty were with me. I was on the lunar surface next to my vehicle, which was basically a regular automobile, with the usual windows and doors and hood and trunk, but reshaped in the form of a NASA space capsule. I remember looking in the trunk for something. Nearby was a storefront or a little strip mall, but just sitting there in the middle of the vast desolation. Later, we visited Cayla, who had a house on the Moon. It was composed of several small domes and the one I remember was very cozy-- a couple of brown easy chairs, a bookcase built into the wall, an old rug, like an old-fashioned parlor except on the Moon. The one odd thing was a circular window looking out on the surface.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I love that! :yes: Maybe we can retire there in the future. :moon:

As for me I lost most of what I was dreaming. But just before I woke up I was trying to get out a door and various cats from inside the house were trying to get out while various Marsupials were trying to get in. In the end something like a small Tasmanian Devil got in and I was trying to catch it to put it back outside.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 pm
^I love that! :yes: Maybe we can retire there in the future. :moon:
It felt pretty cozy. :yes:
As for me I lost most of what I was dreaming. But just before I woke up I was trying to get out a door and various cats from inside the house were trying to get out while various Marsupials were trying to get in. In the end something like a small Tasmanian Devil got in and I was trying to catch it to put it back outside.
Another crazy animal dream. We've gotta remember to bring them to the Moon. :D

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

Looks like my anxiety therapy 4 years ago had an aftereffect: I dreamt I got molested by a guy and I grabbed him by his goatee, pulled him close and shouted at him that I had a bad day and was not willing to put up with any more nuissance and if he valued his life he'd better develop good manners in a hurry.
I usually wouldn't have dreamt (literally) of doing such a thing but would normally move away and stay passive or defensive at most. Getting aggressive is unusual for me. Maybe it's a breakthrough :) If my subconscious me starts to defend itself it does no longer cower in some emotional corner. And it does no longer weigh down conscious me that much.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Hope it is a breakthrough.

I'm once again in a dream-drought.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:29 am
Maybe it's a breakthrough :)
It sounds almost like it was a lucid dream.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Okay, this is inexplicable: I was driving South on Route 3 on a little motor scooter, with an RV over in the other lane, approaching the Furnace Brook Parkway exit. Just beyond the exit I could see a crashed 1950s mobile home, one of those silvery spaceship designs. And then I spotted the two big gorillas who had apparently escaped from it, wandering around on the highway. The smart thing to do would have been to turn around and go back the way I came, so of course I veered off onto the exit ramp, thinking that I could escape that way. One of the gorillas spotted the RV and went off to intercept it and the other gorilla spotted me and started loping across the grass next to the highway toward me. The scooter had no pickup whatsoever and it was pretty clear that the gorilla was going to get me, but... I woke up. :lol: