Check-In 128: Ross Hepteract, Refactorable Euler's Totient

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Check-In 128: Ross Hepteract, Refactorable Euler's Totient

Post by Madeliaette »

in preparation....
to be used in 20 posts time(Monday/Tuesday)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In 128: Ross Hepteract, Refactorable Euler's Totient

Post by RJDiogenes »

And here is our new Check-In Thread, complete with higher-dimensional cubes and prime numbers. I'm not sure who Ross is, though. :unsure:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:19 pm
I'm not sure who Ross is, though. :unsure:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I wonder if he ever painted a hepteract. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was an uneventful day that paradoxically consisted of many events, none worth mentioning :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 am
in preparation....
to be used in 20 posts time(Monday/Tuesday)
You kept us in suspense and it was well worth it :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:19 pm
And here is our new Check-In Thread, complete with higher-dimensional cubes and prime numbers. I'm not sure who Ross is, though. :unsure:
Didn't Ross sew the first American flag? :conf:
Lupine wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:38 pm
Or maybe Ross painted the American flag :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 am
some orders should not be given. some orders should not be taken. (on moral grounds) - such as the order to commit murder 'legally' or not...
I agree 100%. The heroic thing to do is the right thing to do, regardless of pressure to do the wrong thing.
Gary wrote: Helped my neighbor tear down over 1,000' of fence
Good God. You are now officially Superman.
RJDiogenese wrote: Some people take vows of poverty, some people have poverty thrust upon them.
And then you had retirement thrust upon you. After taking a vow of retirement :lol:
RJDiogenese wrote: I didn't notice that. Maybe I'll Zoom in, as long as they don't expect me to speak.
It's possible you can Zoom in without speaking... but to be honest, I'm not sure. I organize the conference series but I don't actually run any of the conferences.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm.
1.where did she get it and who else has it?
2.Whew!
3.I'm not sure who Ross is, though.
1.play school - its going round - thats why Lisa suspects it might be what she has.i doubt antibiotics will help it though and dont think its what she has.
2. im not happy. e verytime i buy a new compact digital - its worse than the last one. this one has no manual mode,no noticifcation on nthe computer its plugged int, and no way to stop the flash, so i cant use it. ill probabaly give it to muku to practice with and buy another when i next go to a town with a camera shop in. i never use flash and NEED to prevent it in whatever camra i use...even nif i could play with optionsthat do exist for second best and use the download thingy on the camera itself, which i dont want to do....
3. maybe a newbie...ha ha....i will try to get some people titles going!!
ahead twoday 3 hrs eork, 2 zooms, and a plot trot.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

More ecstatic rituals lie in store for today! :bounce:
scottydog wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:27 am
Didn't Ross sew the first American flag? :conf:
You betsy she did.
And then you had retirement thrust upon you. After taking a vow of retirement :lol:
A vow I take very seriously. :sleep:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:02 am
play school - its going round - thats why Lisa suspects it might be what she has.i doubt antibiotics will help it though and dont think its what she has.
I Googled it last night and there's been a resurgence in the UK, so it's not as rare as I thought. Why do you think it's something else? You think her mom is just being a nervous mom?
im not happy. e verytime i buy a new compact digital - its worse than the last one. this one has no manual mode,no noticifcation on nthe computer its plugged int, and no way to stop the flash, so i cant use it.
That's weird. Suppressing the flash is one of the most basic (and popular) functions. Can you post a link to the specs?

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Tuesday, everyone :hello:

Today I'll have lunch with a former student who graduated in 2000 or 2001, I forget which year, but it was a while ago. She's now a practicing psychologist and has a nice family here in Richmond. We get together about once every 3 years or so.

Tonight the Wife and I signed up for a wine-tasting class at one of our local wine shops. It should be fun. I've become a "Wine Advisor" for the charitable organization Wines for Humanity, so I need all the education and training I can get.
Madeliaette wrote:
im not happy. e verytime i buy a new compact digital - its worse than the last one.
You've had bad luck with cameras. I'm sorry :no: If this one can't be fixed, maybe you can find another that's better quality.
Madeliaette wrote:
maybe a newbie...ha ha....i will try to get some people titles going!!
Yes, people titles interest me. Is Ross a hero? I'm still searching....
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:53 am
More ecstatic rituals lie in store for today! :bounce:
Your ecstatic ritual for today:

RJDiogenes wrote:
You betsy she did.
I'm going to flag you for this bad pun. :warn: Keep it up and you'll be seeing stars :viking:
RJDiogenes wrote:
A vow I take very seriously. :sleep:
My vow for today:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Gary wrote: Helped my neighbor tear down over 1,000' of fence
Good God. You are now officially Superman.
More like 'Sore-as-hell-man'. I had quite a busy weekend.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

You guys make me :guffaw:

Good morning!

So, Friday night's Elvis impersonator on the rooftop at work...the followers of this guy drove me nuts on the phone for several weeks. They did not disappoint at the event. One of them urinated in the elevator. Then on Sunday, when the restaurant did not have any entertainment, a woman puked 3x on the rooftop. It is not that type of place! :lol:

Work was busy for lunch, but dead for dinner. I ended up staying for my entire shift. Today should be a quiet day. There are not any reservations.

Madeliaette, I hope little Muku feels better soon.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, ecstatic makers. :sleep:
scottydog wrote:
Today was an uneventful day that paradoxically consisted of many events, none worth mentioning :lol:
That's me most days. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 am

My vow for today:

Also me. :sleep:
Cayla wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:34 am
If we didn't exist we'd have to invent us.
Cayla wrote:
So, Friday night's Elvis impersonator on the rooftop at work...the followers of this guy drove me nuts on the phone for several weeks. They did not disappoint at the event. One of them urinated in the elevator. Then on Sunday, when the restaurant did not have any entertainment, a woman puked 3x on the rooftop. It is not that type of place! :lol:
:wtf: I wonder what the Yelp reviews are like. :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

1.Why do you think it's something else? You think her mom is just being a nervous mom?
2.Suppressing the flash is one of the most basic (and popular) functions. Can you post a link to the specs?
3.maybe you can find another that's better quality.
4.Madeliaette, I hope little Muku feels better soon.
1. i just think its a heat rash that i saw....maybe its changed...but i dont think antibiotics would work after one dose to make her b ack to normal, either.
. well apranetly it only does what you tell it to after you select it, shut off the camera, then start it again....but i still dont have manual mode and cant turn the start/stop noises off, only the beep noise. i dont like it and am not happy with it - i already want another camera....and nive not had it 24 hrs yet.
3. ever since my lil pink box that was fantastic...ive yet to find a good one.i keep trying different makes...but theyre all MIC garbage an have faults i dont want
4. well apparently she does already - after one dose of antibiotics....thats why i dont think she has scarlet fever.....her mom videoed her telling me she feels better - and that im in the sky with a peacock....so she must be inventing stories!! or maybe thats what she wants to paint on her next visit...

im pooped...been weeding, grass cutting the path, watering and planting tomatoes at the plot....just one zoom to go.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:01 pm
1. i just think its a heat rash that i saw....maybe its changed...but i dont think antibiotics would work after one dose to make her b ack to normal, either.
Agreed. One dose wouldn't have any effect.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I just read that Rosalyn Carter has dementia. Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter is receiving hospice care. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 am
Today I'll have lunch with a former student who graduated in 2000 or 2001, I forget which year, but it was a while ago. She's now a practicing psychologist and has a nice family here in Richmond. We get together about once every 3 years or so.
You should see if your insurance will pay for it. Ask her if she's in network. :lol:
I've become a "Wine Advisor" for the charitable organization Wines for Humanity, so I need all the education and training I can get.
Save the world by getting it drunk. :strangebrew:
Your ecstatic ritual for today:

Stop hacking my web cam! :mad:
I'm going to flag you for this bad pun. :warn: Keep it up and you'll be seeing stars :viking:
Hey, don't tread on me. :warn:
Cayla wrote:
And we don't even try!
These Roll and Rocking kids are just a bunch of juvenile delinquents! :oldman:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:01 pm
i just think its a heat rash that i saw....maybe its changed...but i dont think antibiotics would work after one dose to make her b ack to normal, either.
No, it would take at least a week.
i dont like it and am not happy with it - i already want another camera....and nive not had it 24 hrs yet.
Definitely a good idea to go to a camera store then, or find a manufacturer with a chat feature or something so that they can recommend something specific.
ever since my lil pink box that was fantastic...
Maybe you can get it fixed or find another one like it on eBay.
her mom videoed her telling me she feels better - and that im in the sky with a peacock....so she must be inventing stories!! or maybe thats what she wants to paint on her next visit...
I hope it doesn't mean she's hallucinating with the fever. :unsure:

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Had a nice long phone chat with my brother today. He just retired and has moved from Malibu, CA to Prescott, AZ. He's worried that my becoming a wine advisor is the beginning of a long, painful descent into alcoholism. I assured him that the wine guarantees my descent will be pain-free.
Gary wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:25 am
More like 'Sore-as-hell-man'. I had quite a busy weekend.
Keep us updated on the fence annihilation project and the tree-planting project. Did all the trees you planted this past winter survive?
Cayla wrote:
One of them urinated in the elevator. Then on Sunday, when the restaurant did not have any entertainment, a woman puked 3x on the rooftop.
Good God. Who has to clean that up?
Lupine wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:58 pm
That's me most days. :lol: ....Also me :sleep:
You fit right in here :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:53 pm
I just read that Rosalyn Carter has dementia. Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter is receiving hospice care. :no:
Getting old sucks. But they lived long, amazing lives :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Save the world by getting it drunk. :strangebrew:
That's the tricky part. I help people host wine-tastings in their homes to raise money for charity, but guests have to make it home safely. So the wine-pours are very light. But not too light or else I'll have to deal with an angry mob :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Stop hacking my web cam! :mad:
I need to start exploring AI video generators so that I can get a long-haired old man doing that ritual :lol: