Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Post by Madeliaette »

ready for starting in a day or two, when we hit 500 posts on the old thread.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, regenerated. :coffee:

This and that's ahead for today.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:58 am

This reminds me of something you said earlier about how AI tends to conjure up images from a dream-like state. Could this be the eventual singularity? That AI is pulling us into the world or universe of dreams?
I've never bought into Singularity, but there are definite dream-like qualities to AI art.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:08 am
my client has tests tomorrow about a potentially serious complication....^ just checking in whilst munching my dAILY MEAL....a zooom and npa to go
Hope they're OK.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Well, I dropped Sue off at the airport to head home. It is going to be weird not having her around for the rest of my vacation. Speaking of vacation, I am sad that it is half over. :(
Make the most of it.
Cayla wrote:
In other news...imagine my surprise when I received an email, yesterday, that I have a spousal support payment! It is the first one in more than 2 1/2 years. It must be his income tax return. The IRS garnishes returns. :dance:
Woohoo! :moneybag:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:09 am
Thank you for giving us "Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones". We'll begin decoding right away :writing:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:45 pm
I've never bought into Singularity, but there are definite dream-like qualities to AI art.
From what I've heard so-called experts are torn between the Singularity producing exponential progress or total misery. Both could be true. The elite class may become gods while the remaining 99% of us suffer.

Or, like you suggest, nothing major will happen.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I'm going with nothing major as exponential growth would require infinite resources and no technological plateaus. Not to mention we've already passed more than a few predicted dates for Singularity to happen.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

And we have a brand-new thread. Nailed the old one right on the 500, too. :cooldude:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:08 am
my client has tests tomorrow about a potentially serious complication....^
Yikes. Good luck to him. I hope everything will be okay.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:04 pm
It's amusing to see how obsessed many people are with their appearance.
Luckily, my appearance is no maintenance. Or maybe that's no possible maintenance.
Lots of warm rain and wind here, too, and in NYC according my daughter.
It feels like Spring is here.
I'm shocked that they can't get arrested for this stuff.
It must be that they haven't actually identified them yet, but it almost seems like they're taunting the authorities. :lol:
With all the legal paperwork, deeds, and stuff that are required for verifications these days, it's amazing that such a scam can work, even if it's all expedited.
"Nobody would be stupid enough to try to sell the supermarket next door. He must be legit."
Me too. As we know, there's a fine line -- if any at all -- between illusion and reality. Or in my case, delusion and reality :unsure:
Sure, why not trade up to a better delusion? :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Speaking of vacation, I am sad that it is half over. :(
Be not sad that it is half over, but glad that there is half left. I think Dr Seuss said something like that. :lol:
In other news...imagine my surprise when I received an email, yesterday, that I have a spousal support payment! It is the first one in more than 2 1/2 years. It must be his income tax return. The IRS garnishes returns. :dance:
That's fantastic. Now hopefully he'll be forced to sell the house and they'll garnish that. :D
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:09 am
And we're off....
scottydog wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:05 pm
Thank you for giving us "Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones". We'll begin decoding right away :writing:
Got it. Happy Numbers and Craig Jones were new to me. :lol:
From what I've heard so-called experts are torn between the Singularity producing exponential progress or total misery.
Technically a singularity just means that the equation has produced an infinity, which means they don't know what's happening. Which further means that the equation is either incomplete or flawed.
Lupine wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:14 pm
^I'm going with nothing major as exponential growth would require infinite resources and no technological plateaus.
And there's the flaw in the equation. :lol:
Not to mention we've already passed more than a few predicted dates for Singularity to happen.
I've lost count of how many times the world has come to an end in my lifetime.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:14 pm
^I'm going with nothing major as exponential growth would require infinite resources and no technological plateaus.
But maybe one day AI or AGI will solve the infinite resource problem. We don't know. I'm cautiously optimistic that if we can contain bad actors' misuse of AI, a ton of societal good can come from whatever huge advances await us.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:26 pm
And we have a brand-new thread. Nailed the old one right on the 500, too. :cooldude:
Indeed, Maddie stuck the landing.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Luckily, my appearance is no maintenance. Or maybe that's no possible maintenance.
You underestimate yourself. I'm just an average guy and I conned a pretty girl into liking me. I'm proof there's hope for us all :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
It feels like Spring is here.
It's a false spring. We'll be shivering for our lives soon enough.
RJDiogenes wrote:
"Nobody would be stupid enough to try to sell the supermarket next door. He must be legit."
Reminds me of Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi who said that if a big lie is repeated enough it will be accepted as truth.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Technically a singularity just means that the equation has produced an infinity, which means they don't know what's happening. Which further means that the equation is either incomplete or flawed.
Well, it's certainly incomplete. Humans are terrible at predicting the future.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Well, the adventures with the adjacent property continue. I went down to investigate a truck parked in front of the premises around lunchtime and happened to catch the guy across the road (J) from me parked at his driveway as well. No one was at the truck, so I caught J up on the scams I've interrupted with someone trying to sell the property. It was just a couple of minutes later when a gentleman with a rather rotund *Chocolate Lab came to chat with us. Turns out he's one of the former owner's (D) sons and lives over in the next town. D had asked his son to inspect the property, hang some signs, and then wanted him to go to the courthouse and put his name on the deed. We got into a discussion wherein I detailed that D does not own that property as he had (to my understanding) never fulfilled the terms of the Contract for Deed. He was completely unaware of the Contract for Deed. We discussed the past issues with the meth heads before I explained the issues with the realtors. He was aware of the one incident but apparently did not know of the incident two weeks ago. I further explained that some guy who purchased the property at the entrance of the road has claimed he also purchased the property in question, and that from what I can tell it's going to take quite a bit of leg work and also (moist likely) a judge to determine who has a legal and rightful claim. I gave him the copy of the Contract for Deed that I had picked up from the courthouse so he can discuss it with his dad. I have a copy scanned, so I can review and print another any time I want.

This is shaping up to be an interesting year.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.It's amusing to see how obsessed many people are with their appearance. If only they could work on their insides with as much diligence as their outsides.
2.How serious? Deadly serious?
1. precisel;y. Tinbetan nuns shave their heads weekly....no worries, no care, no fuss, no money.....except theynhave to sahave their head each week. my style means NO fuss at all.
2. could be. but then he has been given a shelf life of up to 8 years, anyways...but i coiuld bring it down to around 2-5 rather than 5-8.

ahead, 2 zooms, 3 hrs work, and some study.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Ah, March. In like a lion, out like a... Oops, wait. Never mind.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:29 pm
I'm cautiously optimistic that if we can contain bad actors' misuse of AI, a ton of societal good can come from whatever huge advances await us.
I'm sure the AI will be able to reprogram your brain for greater optimism.
So this is hypnotism.... :loopy:
You underestimate yourself. I'm just an average guy and I conned a pretty girl into liking me. I'm proof there's hope for us all :lol:
Eh, I gave up on this hope concept decades ago. :lol:
It's a false spring. We'll be shivering for our lives soon enough.
Well, the nights are still pretty chilly.
Well, it's certainly incomplete. Humans are terrible at predicting the future.
The Singularity predicts that we'll get worse. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:02 pm
I further explained that some guy who purchased the property at the entrance of the road has claimed he also purchased the property in question, and that from what I can tell it's going to take quite a bit of leg work and also (moist likely) a judge to determine who has a legal and rightful claim.
So there are two parties who claim to legally own the property? I wonder who the guy at the end of the road purchased it from. Probably more scammers.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:32 am
precisel;y. Tinbetan nuns shave their heads weekly....no worries, no care, no fuss, no money.....
My BIL does that.
could be. but then he has been given a shelf life of up to 8 years, anyways...but i coiuld bring it down to around 2-5 rather than 5-8.
Will you find out what happened today or have to wait until next week?

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am
Gary wrote:
I further explained that some guy who purchased the property at the entrance of the road has claimed he also purchased the property in question, and that from what I can tell it's going to take quite a bit of leg work and also (moist likely) a judge to determine who has a legal and rightful claim.
So there are two parties who claim to legally own the property? I wonder who the guy at the end of the road purchased it from. Probably more scammers.
The guy at the end of the road has told everyone he purchased the road from "H" (before H died), who owned the property he purchased and also the property adjacent to me.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, everyone :hello:

Today is Arby's lunch day with Mike. We got so much rain yesterday and last night that the golf course is probably under water. So with great reluctance I'll trudge to the gym to give my aging, desiccated body some exercise.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:32 am
Tinbetan nuns shave their heads weekly....no worries, no care, no fuss, no money.....except theynhave to sahave their head each week. my style means NO fuss at all.
Living an honest and authentic life requires some heroic courage because it goes against all the many societal pressures to "fit in" and worship superficial things like looks and money. Maybe that's why I like all your ReNexters -- y'all are real people, not fake people.
Gary wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:04 pm
RJDiogenes wrote:
Gary wrote:
The guy at the end of the road has told everyone he purchased the road from "H" (before H died), who owned the property he purchased and also the property adjacent to me.
I'm still shocked that there can be any ambiguity at all about ownership. Oklahoma sounds like the Wild West. I anticipate a shoot-out in the local saloon or in the street :popcorn:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Ah, March. In like a lion, out like a... Oops, wait. Never mind.
So far the Groundhog's prediction has pretty much been vindicated. It's been an early Spring. Or maybe with climate change, it's a normal Spring :unsure:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I'm sure the AI will be able to reprogram your brain for greater optimism.
I could use a daily dose of optimism. When AI makes that pill, I'm taking it.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Eh, I gave up on this hope concept decades ago. :lol:
Sound like you need that pill, too :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Humans are terrible at predicting the future.
The Singularity predicts that we'll get worse. :lol:
Until the last few thousand years, or until the industrial revolution, predicting the future was easy because it was almost always just like the past. No wonder we never evolved good future-prediction abilities.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, predictors. :coffee:

Its Leap Day! :bounce:

I noticed jgc hasn't checked in for a while. :unsure:
As for today my aunt has a CAT scan early this morning. The doctor is just checking to see if a suspected hernia is in fact a hernia. :doctor:
After that plans are in flux.
RJDiogenes wrote:
So this is hypnotism.... :loopy:
:lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

I have once again been summoned to Jury Duty, this time by the Feds. I shouldn't complain, but it's kind of a pain in the neck.
Gary wrote:
He bought the road, too? Is it a private way?
scottydog wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:20 pm
We got so much rain yesterday and last night that the golf course is probably under water.
They should make floating golf balls so that people can play in the rain and get out of water traps more easily.
Living an honest and authentic life requires some heroic courage because it goes against all the many societal pressures to "fit in" and worship superficial things like looks and money. Maybe that's why I like all your ReNexters -- y'all are real people, not fake people.
I do kind of appreciate good looks and money. :lol:
Until the last few thousand years, or until the industrial revolution, predicting the future was easy because it was almost always just like the past. No wonder we never evolved good future-prediction abilities.
It's really just the last three hundred years or so. People could live their whole lives and generations could go by without a lot of change. We've lived through the greatest changes in human history.
Lupine wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:40 pm
Its Leap Day! :bounce:
Sometimes known as Procrastination Day. But I'll get to that later.
I noticed jgc hasn't checked in for a while. :unsure:
She was supposed to, so I don't know why she hasn't. But she texts me a couple of times a day, so she's okay.
As for today my aunt has a CAT scan early this morning. The doctor is just checking to see if a suspected hernia is in fact a hernia. :doctor:
Good luck to her. I hope the suspect is released for lack of evidence.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:20 pm
Gary wrote:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Gary wrote:
I'm still shocked that there can be any ambiguity at all about ownership. Oklahoma sounds like the Wild West. I anticipate a shoot-out in the local saloon or in the street :popcorn:
This can happen in just about any State, although measures have been taken over the years to prevent such issues.

I'd forgotten to note in my earlier post that I had put an asterisk on the type of dog so that Scotty wouldn't get excited that it was a Chocolate Lab.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:12 pm
Gary wrote:
He bought the road, too? Is it a private way?

I had meant to say that he purchased the house at the entrance of the road from H. Uggghhhhh
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today went well and ballroom dancing with the Wife was fun as always :D
Lupine wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:40 pm
I hope the scan went okay. Please let us know.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I have once again been summoned to Jury Duty, this time by the Feds. I shouldn't complain, but it's kind of a pain in the neck.
You're allowed to complain. Jury Duty is going to wreak havoc on your retirement lifestyle.
RJDiogenes wrote:
They should make floating golf balls so that people can play in the rain and get out of water traps more easily.
Or just let the golf balls sink to the bottom of the pond and provide scuba gear to golfers.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I do kind of appreciate good looks and money. :lol:
I admire the depth of your shallowness. Trust me, I'm the same way :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
We've lived through the greatest changes in human history.
We certainly have. I think Elders were more important back when there were no changes across generations. Now Elders can't keep up with changes and have less to offer younger generations.
Gary wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:19 pm
I had put an asterisk on the type of dog so that Scotty wouldn't get excited that it was a Chocolate Lab.
I love chocolate labs :love: