Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, citizens of reality. :coffee:

It's Super Tuesday! I would have preferred Taco Tuesday, but we have take what we can get. :us:

As for here: indeterminate plans ahead depending on unforeseen and unpredictable events. I've already voted so that's out of the way.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:42 am
Lupine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:59 am
Wasn't ready yet. :mellow:
Good grief, what are they looking for?
Something to do with a warm-up cycle at this point. :shrug:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

They moved my polling place from where it's been for over thirty-five years to the auditorium of the middle school on Hancock Street without telling me. They didn't even leave a sign on the door. I thought our imperiled democracy was toast. But, no, it survives and it even has nifty new computer equipment to replace the big printouts that they've always used to check off names.
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:03 pm
depends on if its a sensible one or not.if its sensible its fine. if not ill ignore it
I would say that if it's sensible or harmless then it's fine, and if it's harmful then I will speak out against it.
so i mustve started at rene in 08/09
November 1st, 2009. You joined shortly after we met at Flukie's Cafe.
she doesnt like fur and feather sin her house, noisy creatures in her house, or being tied - prefers freedom to get up and go out when she wantsa.
I'm kinda the same. I would never have a dog, would probably not have a bird, but I would have a cat.
i dont dsee wigs as dignified - just pompous and nonsensical. supposedly a status symnbol....to look up to....? well i look down on its idiocy.
Different strokes for different folks. :yes:
This is where my sons now working: https://www.tristramplants.co.uk/binsteds-story/
Wow, that's a lot bigger than I pictured. I guess you two have a lot in common now, planting the plants and stuff. :D
Cayla wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:18 pm
We grilled steaks for dinner, and then had a drink in the hot tub.
You grilled outside?
I had noticed some changes to the schedule...one employee is gone, and a previous employee has returned. The previous employee was a manager, when I first started there. He is now on the schedule as a bartender. I'm excited he is working there, again, but sad the other employee is gone.
Things change fast around there.
scottydog wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:52 pm
I was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night, and then compensated by returning to bed and sleeping in 2 additional hours.
Me too. I blame the BK caffeine influx.
This evening some guy wants to interview me about heroes for his podcast. I get the feeling it's one of those podcasts that 3 people listen to :lol:
That's cool. Post a link and maybe we can get it up to four or five. :radio:
That's exactly what everyone should be doing -- examining the tradition to see if it still makes sense or has lost its value.
It's traditional to not examine traditions.
You're probably more understanding than most.
Probably. I noticed that they never sent me a survey. They must have given up. :lol:
Uh oh. Your geezerly tummy should be able to process a chicken sandwich and fries. What's going on?
Probably too fatty. I'm just not used to it anymore.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:49 pm
Good morning, citizens of reality. :coffee:
What about me? :unsure:
It's Super Tuesday! I would have preferred Taco Tuesday, but we have take what we can get. :us:
They should serve tacos at the polls. That would increase turnout. They used to have a bake sale here, but apparently not anymore.
Something to do with a warm-up cycle at this point. :shrug:
I don't even know what that means. :lol:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I'm more than a little fuzzy on the subject myself.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Virginia has an open primary. So today, the Wife and I both opted for the Republican ballot and checked the box next to Nikki Haley's name. Not that it will do any good.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:49 pm
I would love a holiday for Taco Tuesday :drool:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:23 pm
They moved my polling place from where it's been for over thirty-five years to the auditorium of the middle school on Hancock Street without telling me. They didn't even leave a sign on the door. I thought our imperiled democracy was toast. But, no, it survives and it even has nifty new computer equipment to replace the big printouts that they've always used to check off names.
That's amazing that they didn't inform you. Now I'm curious how many voters didn't vote because they showed up at the old place and didn't bother to figure out where the new place is.
RJDiogenes wrote:
November 1st, 2009. You joined shortly after we met at Flukie's Cafe.
I think I joined in the summer of 2008. But I was about to marry the Wife at the time and didn't really start participating on the board for quite a while. I even missed The Great Crash.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I would never have a dog, would probably not have a bird, but I would have a cat.
I'd have a cat, too, mostly due to how low maintenance they are. In a few years, when we stop traveling so much, we'll no doubt get a cat and I'll spend my final years treating claw cuts on my arm and removing cat hair from my clothes.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

We had a matter at the local (city) level and also for the Presidential Primary.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.The birds are singing, and the sun is out.
2.examining the tradition to see if it still makes sense or has lost its value.
3.I would LOVE to grow many avocado trees. Unfortunately, we don't have the right climate here in Virginia.
4.if it's sensible or harmless then it's fine
5.I guess you two have a lot in common now
6.I would never have a dog, would probably not have a bird, but I would have a cat.
I'd have a cat, too, mostly due to how low maintenance they are. In a few years, when we stop traveling so much, we'll no doubt get a cat and I'll spend my final years treating claw cuts on my arm and removing cat hair from my clothes.
1, sounds lovely.,....we might get that tomorrow, but....
2 right....and judges wigs have LOST their value and GAINED comical status
3. try.....you never know...the way the climates going....and you might get trees if not fruit
4 court wigs are not sensible...theyre silly, and they may harm the sheep the wigs made from the hair of. howd you like yr hair chopped off and pulveriused and dumped on top some idiot whos supposedly a figure of status?
5 we have very different ways of growing things....but do grow things
6 in the past i have had all 3...not at the same time, but 1-2 at once. ahead, wild birds oin th windowdsill will contoinue and i amy get a dog when i retire. i dont like cats - they kill boirds, kill mice, torture frogs and claw holes in poly tunnels as well as pooh a;ll over the garden. i only had them before as they had no home and im soft. never having another furball.

Scotydohg - two mnore 1-bottle wins i sampled: * HARDYS CHARDONNAY SEMILLON - AUSTRALIA - NV
* FILLIPO SANSOVINO PINOT GRIGIO - ITALY - 2022

L rang last night to ask if we could look after a guy down the street while hius wife went to a baby shower...so another halfday this week, sigh. one day i may get a full day out on a saturday again.... i dont mind, but itd have been nice to have a good day out saturday bvefore the duty one.

today 3 zooms, some poly tunnelling and chores and study, a napppp and night shift.
yesterdsay ni was groewling at FB.....i had to resign in using a code and did so in th afternoon, after having used it normally in the morning. then in the evening i tried again and coldnt get in and they didnt send the code they said they had ....soPLEASE:

i am having major problems at facebook. Iam NOT ABLE to sign in to facebook. Please could someone who knows me at FB copy the followoing message in capitals and post it on the reply option to my last post, thanks

FACEBOOK HAS F'ED UP & DID NOT SEND ME THE CODE IT SAYS IT HAD TO RE-ENTER MY ACCOUNT.
PLEASE GO TO MY 'ABOUT ME' AND CONTACT ME THRU THE EMAIL LISTED INSTEAD OF AT FACEBOOK, IF I AM NOT ABLE TO GET BACK SOON, THANK YOU.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Today is Trash Day. That will still be at the same location.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:30 pm
^I'm more than a little fuzzy on the subject myself.
Gary will be able to tell us. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 pm
Virginia has an open primary. So today, the Wife and I both opted for the Republican ballot and checked the box next to Nikki Haley's name.
I did the same thing. I think she ended up getting about a third of the vote.
That's amazing that they didn't inform you. Now I'm curious how many voters didn't vote because they showed up at the old place and didn't bother to figure out where the new place is.
That's true. It only took a minute to find out from the website, but a lot of people might not know to do that or care enough.
I think I joined in the summer of 2008. But I was about to marry the Wife at the time and didn't really start participating on the board for quite a while. I even missed The Great Crash.
Everybody had to re-register upon our revival. You joined on 8-27-08, which was within a week of our return.
I'd have a cat, too, mostly due to how low maintenance they are.
Yes, they're very independent and self sufficient-- they don't have to be potty trained. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:01 am

We had a matter at the local (city) level and also for the Presidential Primary.
I got that same sticker. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:03 am
right....and judges wigs have LOST their value and GAINED comical status
They're culturally iconic. Things always look different to insiders and outsiders. I'm not British or Buddhist, so the British wigs and the Buddhist robes look basically the same to me-- interestingly foreign.
court wigs are not sensible...theyre silly, and they may harm the sheep the wigs made from the hair of. howd you like yr hair chopped off and pulveriused and dumped on top some idiot whos supposedly a figure of status?
Google says they used to be made of horse hair, but are now made of synthetic fibres.
in the past i have had all 3...not at the same time, but 1-2 at once. ahead, wild birds oin th windowdsill will contoinue and i amy get a dog when i retire. i dont like cats - they kill boirds, kill mice, torture frogs and claw holes in poly tunnels as well as pooh a;ll over the garden. i only had them before as they had no home and im soft. never having another furball.
They're following their natural instincts. But you can find videos on YouTube of cats who are friends with birds and mice and other animals who are their natural enemies.
L rang last night to ask if we could look after a guy down the street while hius wife went to a baby shower...
Could this be a potential client?
yesterdsay ni was groewling at FB.....i had to resign in using a code and did so in th afternoon, after having used it normally in the morning. then in the evening i tried again and coldnt get in and they didnt send the code they said they had
The same thing happened to me. At first I thought I might have been hacked, but apparently they had a pretty widespread outage. By the time they sent me a password-update code I was already back in.
i am having major problems at facebook. Iam NOT ABLE to sign in to facebook. Please could someone who knows me at FB copy the followoing message in capitals and post it on the reply option to my last post, thanks
You might already be back in, so I've sent you a WhatsApp message. If you're still locked out I'll go ahead and post the message for you.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, everyone :hello:

Today we'll have lunch at a Greek place with the Wife's brother and forever-fiancee. They've been through some tough times. Since last September, they've been caring for her 96-yr-old father who keeps having small strokes and other medical issues, yet refuses to enter assisted care. So she's been heroically doing everything to help him. Then last week the Wife's brother got in a car accident -- he's okay but there are financial issues to deal with there because the crash was his fault. We'll do our best to cheer them both up.
Madeliaette wrote:
and judges wigs have LOST their value and GAINED comical status
I giggle at portraits of our Founding Fathers like George Washington who wore those silly wigs.
Madeliaette wrote:
i dont like cats - they kill boirds, kill mice, torture frogs and claw holes in poly tunnels as well as pooh a;ll over the garden.
You're right that cats are responsible for killing a lot of song birds. I had forgotten about that :no: So if I ever get a cat, it will be purely an "indoor cat" who stares out the window at the birds at our feeder. Would that be considered cruelty, tantalizing a cat like that? :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Scotydohg - two mnore 1-bottle wins i sampled: * HARDYS CHARDONNAY SEMILLON - AUSTRALIA - NV
* FILLIPO SANSOVINO PINOT GRIGIO - ITALY - 2022
I don't like Pinot Grigio very much -- to me it's a boring white wine. But I do love a good Chardonnay. I haven't had many Aussie Chardonnays -- was it good?
Madeliaette wrote:
yesterdsay ni was groewling at FB.....i had to resign in using a code and did so in th afternoon, after having used it normally in the morning. then in the evening i tried again and coldnt get in and they didnt send the code they said they had ....soPLEASE:
This happened to me, too! I was wondering whether I was doing something wrong.
Gary wrote:
I got the same sticker, too! I told the nice lady who handed it to me that I'd rather have been given a tootsie pop :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:25 am
Today is Trash Day. That will still be at the same location.
Does your mom take out her own trash? I hope someone does it for her.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I did the same thing. I think she ended up getting about a third of the vote.
And now she's out of the race. Damn. She did get 35% of the Virginia vote, which is good, but that means she lost to whatshisname by 30% :no:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Everybody had to re-register upon our revival. You joined on 8-27-08, which was within a week of our return.
Oh, that's right. I was a ReNexter for a few years before that. Now I'm curious how many posts I lost.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I got that same sticker. :lol:
We should have invested in that sticker-making company. We'd be rich.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I'm not British or Buddhist, so the British wigs and the Buddhist robes look basically the same to me-- interestingly foreign.
You have to admit that the wigs are more giggle-worthy than the robes. But I'm far more disrespectful and culturally
RJDiogenes wrote:
But you can find videos on YouTube of cats who are friends with birds and mice and other animals who are their natural enemies.
Those videos always amazing me. Is it possible they cherry-pic those clips and seconds after the clip ends the cat devours the mouse? :yum:
Last edited by scottydog on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:49 am
Gary wrote:
I got the same sticker, too! I told the nice lady who handed it to me that I'd rather have been given a tootsie pop :lol:
I said, "Woooo. I GET A STICKER! I can't believe we don't get suckers." The election volunteers laughed at me for that.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Before work, I am meeting Vlad and the realtor (she is actually my 4th cousin) to look at a house. He really needs to find something, soon. He has been procrastinating.

Everyone at work was happy to see me. The GM told me, "You are never allowed to go on vacation again!" :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol:

Good morning, electors. :us:

Shopping later today. I will try to get the SUV through a warm up cycle. Again. Hope to get everything done before the (supposed) storm arrives.
scottydog wrote:

Today we'll have lunch at a Greek place with the Wife's brother and forever-fiancee. They've been through some tough times. Since last September, they've been caring for her 96-yr-old father who keeps having small strokes and other medical issues, yet refuses to enter assisted care. So she's been heroically doing everything to help him. Then last week the Wife's brother got in a car accident -- he's okay but there are financial issues to deal with there because the crash was his fault. We'll do our best to cheer them both up.
:no:
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

isn't it a bit early in the year for storms?

I registered at a local partnership agency yesterday and already got 6 smilies and some 40 looks at my profile.
At this website you send a smilie to a person you are interested in and they can send one back if they are interested. You can then PM them and organize a meeting.
They also have a questionnaire with almost 120 questions and the software then looks who fits your ideals best.
Unfortunately, the best fits are some 200 miles away. I am looking for someone in my town, so that I can get emotional support when something triggers my PTSD.

Funnily, on my way home today I saw one of the candidates from my town who didn't fit with me (he owns less than 10 books and thinks he got enough education. I own approximately 10000 plus around 1000 audiobooks and think you never should stop learning). There are a lot of men from my town registered there. That's very handy because if I happen to recognize one I can watch him a bit, unbeknownst to him, and see how he interacts with people before I contact him (or not). The one I saw tonight was as I had expected him to be. Loud and a bit on the primitive side. Not my cup of tea at all
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

huggle wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:59 pm
isn't it a bit early in the year for storms?
Actually getting a bit late for here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Today was basically a lazing around and reading day. Once again I should try to get ahead with my web comic.
scottydog wrote:
That's pretty rough. I wonder if the accident was caused because he's stressed out. Are they retired?
I giggle at portraits of our Founding Fathers like George Washington who wore those silly wigs.
He had men shot for less. :warn:
So if I ever get a cat, it will be purely an "indoor cat" who stares out the window at the birds at our feeder. Would that be considered cruelty, tantalizing a cat like that? :lol:
Chloe loves watching the birds through the windows. Except turkeys. She flees and hides when the turkeys come.
Does your mom take out her own trash? I hope someone does it for her.
She does it herself. She wheels the big plastic wheelie bin out to the curb when it's empty, and then brings out the trash bags. And she uses the small white kitchen trash bags, so they're not too heavy.
And now she's out of the race. Damn. She did get 35% of the Virginia vote, which is good, but that means she lost to whatshisname by 30% :no:
Apparently her threshold was 40%. Too bad. But it goes to show how tenuous Comrade D's position is.
Oh, that's right. I was a ReNexter for a few years before that. Now I'm curious how many posts I lost.
No way to tell. I forget when the original launch date was.
You have to admit that the wigs are more giggle-worthy than the robes. But I'm far more disrespectful and culturally
I notice that your sentence ended abruptly. I assume Washington took a shot at you and you had to duck and cover. :lol:
Those videos always amazing me. Is it possible they cherry-pic those clips and seconds after the clip ends the cat devours the mouse? :yum:
Occasionally I wonder when there's an abrupt edit. :lol: But for the most part it's obvious that they are friends.
Gary wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:56 am
I said, "Woooo. I GET A STICKER! I can't believe we don't get suckers." The election volunteers laughed at me for that.
We used to get brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
Cayla wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:36 pm
Before work, I am meeting Vlad and the realtor (she is actually my 4th cousin) to look at a house. He really needs to find something, soon. He has been procrastinating.
Wouldn't an apartment or condo be more sensible?
Everyone at work was happy to see me. The GM told me, "You are never allowed to go on vacation again!" :lol:
That's flattering but ominous. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:36 pm
I will try to get the SUV through a warm up cycle. Again. Hope to get everything done before the (supposed) storm arrives.
Good luck with both.
huggle wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:59 pm
I registered at a local partnership agency yesterday and already got 6 smilies and some 40 looks at my profile.
That's nice. Good luck, but be careful.
They also have a questionnaire with almost 120 questions and the software then looks who fits your ideals best.
I'm sure I would be rejected and referred to Zeta Reticuli or something.
Unfortunately, the best fits are some 200 miles away.
That's better than 40 light years. :lol:
I am looking for someone in my town, so that I can get emotional support when something triggers my PTSD.
Well, we're farther away, but we're always ready with the emotional support. :hug:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:50 pm
Lupine wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:36 pm
I will try to get the SUV through a warm up cycle. Again. Hope to get everything done before the (supposed) storm arrives.
Good luck with both.
No luck yet, but the mechanic recommended trying to draw more power from the battery to get the sensor working. :conf: