Check-In 134: George Reed Sophrosyne Tally Ho

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Check-In 134: George Reed Sophrosyne Tally Ho

Post by Madeliaette »

to be used when thread 133 gets to 500 posts
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In 134: George Reed Sophrosyne Tally Ho

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.That probably gets old fast
2Great. How much longer to go now?
3.t took a little longer than I thought. Looks like it's going to be Lupy again
4.Isn't prosecco a sparkly wine? How was it?
1. not so, we get the harmonica out and.....
2 when i complete 2 massive workbooks, whatever worksheets i need to do, have an observation and tidy up...thenb tis done
3 looks like the old one overran some....
4 yep italina sparkly.. its light for a meal.

oksies todaysies.....
zoom. work. zoom.zoom.study.chores.zoom.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

It's now raining and windy and acting much more Irish in terms of the weather.
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:32 am
looks like the old one overran some....
Just a slight overrun. We've done much worse in the past :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
yep italina sparkly.. its light for a meal.
It's probably more suited for some light cheeses and crackers. I'm drinking almost exclusively red wine with all my dinners now.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Projects for today: Decipher thread title and check for overruns. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm
^^ Indeed. Maybe I've been too hard on the human race. Still, I think we can do lots better than we're doing.
We're not only doing better all the time, but the improvement is accelerating. Look at all the progress that's been made in the last 250 years-- and then look at all the progress that's been made in the past 50 years. It's absolutely amazing. And this is in spite of Culture War mongers and profiteers.
I'm still trying to figure out how and why it is that Ireland, with a population of only 8 million, has had a disproportionately large impact on the culture of the world :conf:
Luck.
Lupine wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm
Looks like I have to deal with this thread after all.
:slugger:
Damn! I was right there and I didn't even think of it. :no: :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
not so, we get the harmonica out and.....
Okay, we need a video of that. :lol:
when i complete 2 massive workbooks, whatever worksheets i need to do, have an observation and tidy up...thenb tis done
Not too much longer then.
:blush:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 am
I should probably check all the active threads. :lol:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, active threaders.

Another flurry of "days" today, my favorites being National DNA Day, National Hug A Plumber Day, and World Malaria Day- because I guess malaria isn't appreciated enough.
Trash should be picked up today- in theory.
Odds'n ends to do here.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 am
Madeliaette wrote:
And we give special dispensation for things like the yearly politics thread.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 am

Which reminds me that I also need to add up my aunt's check-book.
RJDiogenes wrote:
scottydog wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm
^^ Indeed. Maybe I've been too hard on the human race. Still, I think we can do lots better than we're doing.
We're not only doing better all the time, but the improvement is accelerating. Look at all the progress that's been made in the last 250 years-- and then look at all the progress that's been made in the past 50 years. It's absolutely amazing. And this is in spite of Culture War mongers and profiteers.
Very true. We are more tolerant for things that would have been violently rejected- like marriage equality- just in my lifetime. And we've become less tolerant for various forms of cruelty- like racism, mistreatment of children and animals, and most interpersonal violence.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Is it a productive day when you have to keep doing things over? :lol:

Okay, so I've got a football player with a lot of touchdowns, an asteroid that may someday serve as a home for the ReNext commune, and a bus in London. :D
Lupine wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:44 pm
World Malaria Day- because I guess malaria isn't appreciated enough.
I hope we get a Sickle Cell Anemia Day, too-- or at least a Hemoglobin E Day.
And we give special dispensation for things like the yearly politics thread.
The Politics Thread is above the law! :judge:
Which in turn reminds me to ask about her necklaces.
Very true. We are more tolerant for things that would have been violently rejected- like marriage equality- just in my lifetime. And we've become less tolerant for various forms of cruelty- like racism, mistreatment of children and animals, and most interpersonal violence.
It's remarkable to look at the rates of things like violent crime just within our lifetimes. About 99% of the people who lived throughout history would view the present as a near Utopia. Yet nobody's happy. :lol:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Touring the Dingle Peninsula was fun today, despite the cold and rain.
RJDiogenes wrote:
You are the best thread decipherer on your side of the Atlantic.
RJDiogenes wrote:
True. Still, the world is in a pretty precarious place right now in several spots.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how and why it is that Ireland, with a population of only 8 million, has had a disproportionately large impact on the culture of the world :conf:
Luck.
Ahh, yes, the luck of the Irish :lol: I credit Lucky Charms cereal. It captured the world's imagination in ways that rivaled St. Patrick.
Lupine wrote:
Another flurry of "days" today, my favorites being National DNA Day, National Hug A Plumber Day, and World Malaria Day- because I guess malaria isn't appreciated enough.
That's alotta special days. Plumbers must need hugging after taking so much flak for their buttcrack exhibitionism.
Lupine wrote:
Is she mathematically challenged?
Lupine wrote:
Again, very true. And yet Georgia still has the Election Integrity Act on its books :no:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:21 pm
Which in turn reminds me to ask about her necklaces.
No sign of them. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm
Lupine wrote:
Is she mathematically challenged?
It's not her strong suit. :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.t's probably more suited for some light cheeses and crackers. I'm drinking almost exclusively red wine with all my dinners now.
2.Okay, we need a video of that.
3.s it a productive day when you have to keep doing things over?
1. i dont eat cheese n crackers....i do sometimes have vegan cheese with oatcakes though, but ugh not a good combo. i think it goes ewell with pre-dinner cooking, and bean chillies...but i only had a 1-serve bottle as i picked up two small bottles to try.
2 didnt take one - but i did get one of muku playing it and dancing in the lounge - will have to see if i can fish that out to share.
3 if you learned not to become frustrtaed....but stay patient whilst doing so

yesterday provided practice in patience and not getting frustrated or panicky. im getting better atboth.
after working nightshift and coming home for coffee/shower, i attended a zoom - where i took over the lead when the leaders voice flaked due to a cold, then returned to work for 3 hrs...later that day - ten mins before i was due to host a zoom using controls i hadnt used before x 2-3, my son approaches in a pickle. he has to collect his tech stuff from the police by 5pm today.he doesnt get off work til 4....so he promiss me money - as payment if i can solve his problem for him - alas i do not dsrive. but....directly after the 1.75hr zoom, i phone L to see if she could either collect his stuff today OR walk tilly alone while i get a bus/taxi on my sons cost.....it turns out she cant walk tilly today either because shes going to the plkace i need to be worthing. so she offered to drive me into town so i can get marks stuff and she can visit the hospital to see a mutual friend. so that problem should be solved despite his panic.... which i understand due to his having no training of dealing with difficult situations without panic and having aspergers. anyeway, the zoom went fairly well and its sorted for today.
so today reads:
zoom. shop. coffee cart. shop. zoom. (AM) then PM: worthing -collect 5 tech items from police station and visit hospital.not sure if you all recall when i helkped care for B, an elderly family friend who lived next door to L? well her nephew whom i used to clean for til covid is in hopsital with leukemia....
so poor tilly will go without her walk this week.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, everyone :hello:

Today the four of us guys are playing Ballybunion golf course, which is north of here. It will be very chilly and windy. The wives will shop in town while we're gone. Yes, we're temporarily living in our gender stereotypes today :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 am
i dont eat cheese n crackers....i do sometimes have vegan cheese with oatcakes though, but ugh not a good combo. i think it goes ewell with pre-dinner cooking, and bean chillies...
I should start eating exclusively vegan cheeses now -- they're much better than they were 10-15 yrs ago.
Madeliaette wrote:
if you learned not to become frustrtaed....but stay patient whilst doing so...yesterday provided practice in patience and not getting frustrated or panicky. im getting better atboth.
Buddhist practices are so good at teaching good emotional intelligence. I have no doubt you are very patient with your son.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Today is the last time I have to call in to check for Jury Duty....
scottydog wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm
You are the best thread decipherer on your side of the Atlantic.
I like doing research. :lol:
Ahh, yes, the luck of the Irish :lol: I credit Lucky Charms cereal. It captured the world's imagination in ways that rivaled St. Patrick.
Now I want some Lucky Charms. :yum:
Again, very true. And yet Georgia still has the Election Integrity Act on its books :no:
Can you imagine what a voter from 1921 would think of these "voting restrictions?" :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 pm
No sign of them. :no:
Oh, that's terrible. She must be sad. :(
Madeliaette wrote:
didnt take one - but i did get one of muku playing it and dancing in the lounge - will have to see if i can fish that out to share.
That would be nice. :yes:
if you learned not to become frustrtaed....but stay patient whilst doing so
How about both? :lol:
ten mins before i was due to host a zoom using controls i hadnt used before x 2-3, my son approaches in a pickle. he has to collect his tech stuff from the police by 5pm today.he doesnt get off work til 4....so he promiss me money - as payment if i can solve his problem for him - alas i do not dsrive. but....directly after the 1.75hr zoom, i phone L to see if she could either collect his stuff today OR walk tilly alone while i get a bus/taxi on my sons cost.....it turns out she cant walk tilly today either because shes going to the plkace i need to be worthing. so she offered to drive me into town so i can get marks stuff and she can visit the hospital to see a mutual friend. so that problem should be solved despite his panic....
That type of thing is always super stressful. They used to dump situations like that on me all the time at work, because I could do it-- but internally it was major stress. I'm glad to be rid of it.
then PM: worthing -collect 5 tech items from police station
I hope it went smoothly.
not sure if you all recall when i helkped care for B, an elderly family friend who lived next door to L? well her nephew whom i used to clean for til covid is in hopsital with leukemia....
Yeah, you just mentioned him a few days ago. Is he being treated or has he reached the end of the line?
so poor tilly will go without her walk this week.
I'm not sure I understand why Tilly is affected.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 am
Today the four of us guys are playing Ballybunion golf course, which is north of here. It will be very chilly and windy.
I stumbled across some information that may help you out while in Ireland.

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Yesterday, started off with breakfast at Vlad's. I then went to the church to work at the church. When I was finished working, I visited with Pastor Eric for a bit. The rummage sale is next weekend, so I had to get everything in order. After the church, I went grocery shopping, and then went home to make dinner for Sue and Dave. The evening was spent coloring my hair, and relaxing.

Today is a long day of work. My evening plans are to stay home and rest, as I also have to work both shifts tomorrow.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, gaelics.

Need to do a few loads of laundry today... while keeping an eye on the dryer though so far there's no trouble with it. Odds'n ends may manifest as well.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 am

Hoping for the best. :judge:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 pm
breakfast at Vlad's.
That needs to be a title for something. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Still having fairly productive days here.... :computer:
Cayla wrote:
When I was finished working, I visited with Pastor Eric for a bit.
How is Pastor Eric doing these days?
Lupine wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm
Hoping for the best. :judge:
I should know in about two hours....
That needs to be a title for something. :lol:
"And I said... what about... breakfast at Vlad's....?" :guitar:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Golf Irish-style was fun and extremely challenging today. The courses here are dramatically different from what we're used to in the states. We had a nice dinner and now it's time to collapse in our Irish bed.
Cayla wrote:
I visited with Pastor Eric for a bit.
I bet he's kicking himself for not pursuing you while you were briefly still single.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Too bad you never were assigned to one of the Trump trials.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I like doing research. :lol:
But only when the research is on a topic that interests you, right?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Now I want some Lucky Charms. :yum:
Hmmmm, I think Lucky Charms had their appeal when I was young and a sugar freak. But now I'd probably think they are disgusting :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
I stumbled across some information that may help you out while in Ireland.
Ha! Well, I'm not going to watch that hour-long video, but I will keep an eye out for strange and disturbing phenomena here in Ireland.
Lupine wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm
Need to do a few loads of laundry today... while keeping an eye on the dryer though so far there's no trouble with it. Odds'n ends may manifest as well.
You are a mechanical genius who successfully repaired your dryer. I'm quite envious of your skills.