Nussey Mag Alpha Release

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Nussey Mag Alpha Release

Post by australis »

Work that little wheel! :)
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Sweet! RJ, I'll email you an invitation soon. Watch out australis, you're next! ;)

I'm finishing up writing submission guidelines for various categories. Some of my template pages aren't working quite right, retchum-fretchum. I'll have to screw with the php a bit more, basically borrow some code from the other templates and supplant it to see if I can get what I want. If it looks nice and works well to start, that means less work fixing hiccups in the future... :)

After submission guidelines I'll write up tutorials, which will be in a members-only hidden forum (on ReNext) readable only to writers and contributors. I'll put you both on the list to start.

Lots to do, but it's wrapping up well! I'll send out a global announcement with the pre-release, and do a second call for writers. I'm thinking that we should accept pseudonyms for those who really don't want to use their real names for whatever reason. If it's someone we know and trust (like Uni), it makes sense.

I'll also have to get a few people on the editorial board (people who would have access to the Nussey Mag Editors username and hence be able to read the outside submissions, which will be PMed to that username). We'll really integrate the forums here with the mag, and start forming the Renaissance Next Network in earnest.

Start thinking of your own web pages in the future being linked to the Network. I want to promote the activities of the regular writers of the mag --- I want hordes of people knocking on your CafePress door, RJ! :)

Now for more :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: ;)
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

I like how things are coming together Renie. Could you include me in the second call of writers?
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm going to be checking it out in a few minutes. :bounce:
Renie wrote:Start thinking of your own web pages in the future being linked to the Network. I want to promote the activities of the regular writers of the mag --- I want hordes of people knocking on your CafePress door, RJ! :)
Thank you. That would be different. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm in! :D But I think I'll need some pointers before I dare touch anything. :veryhappy:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Watch out australis, you're next! ;)
:eek: :Ahhh: :eek: :conf: :eek:

ETA:I can't find where the details were about setting up a wordpress a/c or similar, which will be required. Can someone point me in the right direction?
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

lol, no worries australis, I'll be setting up your account by hand before I sent you the invitation. All you'll have to do is go into the administration control panel (which will be linked for you) and change the temporary password I assign you.

Sean, would you like to be invited along with australis? I figured I could work out the kinks with RJ, get him to post a few sample posts to make sure that everything works correctly and that the short tutorial I give him is sufficient, and then I'll invite you two and set you up with roles similar to RJ's.

What do you think? :)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I have successfully added several articles. :yes: Renie can tell me if I did it right or not. Over the weekend, I'll experiment a bit with multimedia.

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Renie wrote:lol, no worries australis, I'll be setting up your account by hand before I sent you the invitation. All you'll have to do is go into the administration control panel (which will be linked for you) and change the temporary password I assign you.

Sean, would you like to be invited along with australis? I figured I could work out the kinks with RJ, get him to post a few sample posts to make sure that everything works correctly and that the short tutorial I give him is sufficient, and then I'll invite you two and set you up with roles similar to RJ's.

What do you think? :)
Yeah, that' be fine. :yes: Thanks!

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, I have successfully Posted Stories and Poems and have attached thumbnail images to them. Things are going well. :yes:

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

It looks great. I've been a busy beaver this afternoon and evening as well...I posted a Tutorial thread in this forum, and I'm working on the hidden NM Editors and Writers forum. I've also reconfigured the main page of the Mag.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We're really moving along. :yes:

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

I finally figured out how to post, and I have a poem up there now. Renie, maybe I missed it, but shouldn't there be a link to ReNext somewhere in the mag? I mean, most of the submission levels, other than basic contributor require you to be a member here, so it might make sense to put a link somewhere to take contributors here. Not to mention that it would be a nice way to increase membership... :angel:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good idea. :yes: