MechQuest

Do you love Questionable Content? Are you a KOL fanatic? Which are your favorite Facebook games? Which are your favorite RPGs or comic blogs?

Moderator: Unicron

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Re: MechQuest

Post by Unicron »

Yep. Here is a custom pirate design I came up with, during the recent war on Lagos. It's named the Chimera.

Armor: 470
Energy: 369
Regeneration: 14 energy per round
Bonuses: L27 Medium Anchorman chassis has +70 to resist stunning and immobility effects.

Head: L27 Large Energy Cannonball

59-63 explosive damage
41 energy per salvo, 5 round recharge.
Bonuses: Will sometimes hijack energy from the target over several rounds, repairing your armor and increasing the damage to the enemy.

Torso: Medium Cannonballs (Anchorman default)

52-60 damage
41 energy per salvo, 5 round recharge.
Bonuses: target's enemy resistance to immobility.

Left Arm: L27 Triangulator Starbeam XL

50-62 normal damage
41 energy per salvo, 3 round recharge
Bonuses: can deal heavy damage.

Right Arm: L20 Captain's Cutlass

42-54 normal damage
30 energy per strike, 4 round recharge.
Bonuses: Can sever a limb completely, as the sniper's muskets can potentially do.

Left/Right Shoulders: L26 Ultra Missile

51-59 ballistic damage
23 energy per salvo, 3 round recharge.
Bonuses: Can cause large amounts of incendiary and radiation damage, striking both armor and power cores.
:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's an impressive sword. Looks like it has both physical and energy components.
Unicron wrote:Head: L27 Large Energy Cannonball
:eek:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I'm going to try another update, cause I know I'm behind. :p Here's last month's monthly rare, the Reaper. One of the problems we faced early on in the Shadowscythe war was heavy loss of units due to superior numbers or damage. The Reaper was designed to mitigate that by having a weapons array focusing on doing lots of combined damage. It has the ability to level up with your character to about the current cap, which is L35. The stats given here are for a L34 version. All of the bladed weapons have the option of disabling or severing an enemy weapon, as the pirate weapons can, in place of their normal cumulative damage.

Armor: 529
Energy: 450
Regeneration: 17
Bonuses: +70 against immobility.

Left Arm: Grim Blue Blade

62-66 standard damage
51 energy per use, 3 round recharge.

Right Arm: Grim Scythe

54-74 standard damage

Left Shoulder: Grim Chakra Launcher

58-70 explosive damage

Right Shoulder: Grim Reaper's Mark

58-70 laser damage
Paints the enemy with a chemical which boosts damage by 25%.

Torso: Grim DFA

60-68 standard damage
51 energy per use, 4 round recharge.
This is modeled on the Shadowscythe Decimator's powerful attack, but can only be used when the Reaper is seriously damaged. It will automatically stun for 2 rounds in addition to the damage.

Head: Grim Sonic Beam

62-66 standard damage
51 energy per use, 5 round recharge.
Doubles all of the other weapon effects that deal cumulative damage.

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Corsair Navigator

Available at the former pirate capital of Crow's Nook, the Navigator is a versatile mech designed to meet a range of obstacles.

Armor: 554
Energy: 473
Regeneration: 17
Bonuses: +70 against immobility.

Left Arm: Corsair's Ring Dial

65-71 explosive damage
50 energy per use, 3 round recharge.

Another piercing weapon that can nerf the enemy's damage.

Right Arm: Corsair's Octant

61-70 standard damage

A basic heavy battle fist.

Left Shoulder: Corsair's Quadrant

58-78 fire damage

This heavy flamer can damage the opponent's targeting system and cause incendiary damage.

Right Shoulder: Corsair's Compass

63-73 explosive damage

A heavy damage boosting cannon.

Torso: Corsair Style

67-69 standard damage
50 energy per use, 5 round recharge.

Deals heavy piercing damage.

Head: Corsair's Astrolabe

57-79 ballistic damage
50 energy per use, 5 round recharge.

Drains 30% armor from the opponent and adds it to yours (+20 defense)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Nice. I love Reaper's scythe, especially the glowing nimbus.

Corsair Navigator is very dark. He looks like he has Wolverine-like claws.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I'm finally getting around to updating this with some of my modified designs. :angel: I've decided it'll be easier not to try and post specific statistics for all of them, but just a basic summary of how the configuration works.

This is my current one, dubbed Cyclops after its mix of weaponry. I didn't really modify that much on this chassis, only giving it a different head and new shoulder units. The head has an advanced targeting system that adapts to enemy tactics and does a high damage, and the body has an energy sword that nerfs damage from the target. The left arm creates a staff of energy that can hit three times and deal bonus damage against the enemy's energy, while the right has a flaming weapon that damages both armor and energy. The shoulders are essentially the same despite having different housings, and are anti-vampire flamers. Their damage is limited against other types of enemies, but the flames can heal you as well and that will function against any target.

These next two are Halloween specials I created from a werewolf chassis. They've recently released upgraded versions of some older units, which is very nice because it eliminates weaknesses in armor or power that are common to the low level versions.

The Ymir is a ranged tactical mech, named after the first frost giant in Norse mythology. The deities who assumed control of the Norse pantheon killed Ymir and used his body to shape the world. Most of the weaponry is based on ice damage, which I thought would be fun to play around with. The left arm, a default item, summons a charge of spectral wolves which deal increasing damage each hit and have a small chance to restore some of your energy. The default chassis slot and the head both generate effects that boost damage and nerf the target's, on a cumulative basis over several rounds. The right arm does heavy ice damage and will usually get a critical hit on a second strike; it also deals 50% bonus damage against elemental fire creatures. The shoulders also deal ice damage and have a good chance of criticals.

The Wight is the second variant, and is more of an infighter. The head was taken from the powerful Shadowscythe Doom Harvester, a midlevel boss, and has the ability to weaken and inflict poison. The shoulders are also salvaged enemy component and fire a focused energy beam with a built in damage booster. The front arm deals a single large melee blow while the rear arm deals a series of smaller ranged hits. I'd like to think a typical unit might consist of a single Ymir command unit and several Wights as support.

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

The Helios was designed as a joint project between House Wolfblade and Starstorm Industries on Zargon. With the ongoing Shadowscythe war taking a large toll on pilots and equipment, it was decided to make a unit that was both effective and economical with common components that make mass production and repair easier. It's not the fanciest unit around, but it gets the job done. The left arm and right shoulder are Wolfblade components, with the shoulder housing a triple array of armor-piercing cannons and the arm pairing a heavy autocannon and grenade launcher. The right arm and left shoulder house standard missile pods, and the arm also has a retractable energy bayonet for close range attacks. The default torso slot has the ability to increase the chance of a critical hit, and the head (a refurbished ShS pod) can purge any buffs the target might cast on himself, though naturally it will also remove any nerfs as well.

While military mechs may get the bulk of publicity and media attention, there are many others that serve more common, mundane roles. After the destruction of the Universo robot threatening Zargon, Starstorm began manufacturing the Zeta class police unit to provide security and enforcement. The Zeta, although not built for large scale combat, is nonetheless quite capable as an opponent. The chassis is a modified Pirate sniper with a built-in turbo, and a Pirate targeting head is added as well. The arms carry weaponry adapted primarily for damaging the target's energy reserves and thus disabling it, but the shoulders can add extra firepower if necessary via a paired railgun and grenade system.

During the Pirate-Arthurian War on Lagos, both sides created a number of variants for field service. This unit, the Centurion, was built along much the same theory as the Helios - an effective, no frills workhorse built for artillery. The Centurion mounts a wide variety of cannonball launchers, boosted by a targeting head, making it ideal for fire support. Some captured units are still in service with the Arthurian Imperial Militia.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Nice designs. I think my favorite is Ymir; not only are the design and colors pretty cool, but I like his power to summon spectral wolves. B)

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I think the Ymir came out pretty well. I always love an excuse to use parts I haven't experimented with before. :D It's really nice to have the improved chassis so that the design functions properly for someone of my level. The improved werewolf no longer has the energy issues that affected the prototypes (the weapons were about double the level of the original available chassis, and the Ymir/Wight could only fire about one full salvo before draining half the energy core).

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I've been testing a couple of new models lately, but at the moment I'm having a lot of fun with this one. :diablo: I'm making use of the holiday weapons while they last, and I think they've come up with some good stuff this year. Most of the weapons are "gift" units from last month, and the left arm is a firework launcher from the new year celebration. Not surprisingly, most of the weapons are ice based.

The Snow Serpent was designed with one thing in mind: survivability, based on flexibility. Its unusual array of weapons has so far proven to be versatile and deadly. It uses a highly modified Khael unit as the chassis, with a built-in stunning weapon in the tail. The left arm is a missile unit which both cripples the target's defenses and boosts the accuracy of the Serpent's other weapons for the duration of the fight. The right arm has a mace with a high chance of criticals and the ability to stun more than one round, although this effect is sometimes spread out over several non-successive rounds. The head has a strong weapon and an accuracy/power (damage) booster, and is from the December mech. I bought a couple of spare components from that model for use on other chassis. The left shoulder creates a giant shroud of ice around the target which inflicts serious damage (-40%) on their weapon systems, and the right shoulder summons a blizzard of razor-sharp ice and can weaken incoming damage.

I'd say the stunning attacks are the most useful (and fun :lol:), as even other units with similar power can often wind up being crippled and unable to deal the same amount of damage on the Snow Serpent. The other specials complement such attacks very well.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Where's the snowman-part shooter? :D

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Here's one of several testbeds I've been tinkering with the past day or so. Just cleared L44, so I'm almost up to the cap again. :D This design is named Osprey and uses a vampire chassis as the base. It was developed in part for use in the Assault Mecha (PvP) circuit.

The head can boost damage and accuracy, and gets a bonus against enemies belonging to the sinister EbilCorps. The arms are hybrid missile/cannon units and were developed by GEARS University for the houses as special equipment. They get a bonus against ShadowScythe units. The shoulders fire missiles that get progressively stronger, and the chassis default is the form of an energy bat that nerfs the target's accuracy and damage.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I don't think I've ever seen one float like that before. :unsure:

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

The ShS possess a number of units that utilize hover technology in place of legs. The main advantage seems to be that a hover unit could cross terrain such as water that a legged unit couldn't. It's one of the things the Soluna Defense Force has been trying to copy, with limited success, but a few other units like the vampiric chassis can hover as well. It does create some very odd perspectives for this particular chassis. :p

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

It's time for the fourth annual GEARS Games at the university. :D Every year, the three houses face off in a grand tournament to test their overall capabilities. House Wolfblade has so far been able to hold the championship, but the competition is always fierce. It's currently in the lead with 109,152 individual victories. House Mystraven is second with 49,609 victories, and House Runehawk is closing in with 33,922. The special weapon shops should be open soon. I seem to recall that the hawks were in second place last year, though I could be wrong.

There are several different events available to pilots, although some of them require the use of a specially modified GEARS version of the house mechs. Customized units can only be used on certain other portions. I've mainly been participating in the one-on-one honor duels, and have done well so far. These require the GEARS units, and pilots may face additional restrictions during a given match (all buffs count as nerfs instead, or all critical damage is reflected etc).