Check In Thread #9

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Check In Thread #9

Post by Sean »

Well, Dad's been yelling, and complaining since I woke up. Been hounding everyone to clean everything. My sister is now redusting the living room, because according to him, she obviously can't do a simple task like dusting...:rolleyes:

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check In Thread #9

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ It would be really cool if your Dad's first name is Adrian. :D

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

I found a supply of old radio shows called "The Voyage Of The Scarlet Queen." Adventures in the South Pacific. Never heard of it, so I'll have to check it out. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

I wonder why Tipper always needs to be touching me....
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ He just wuvs his mommy :james:

Good evening everyone. The party ended around 5...thank god. I didn't get to do much visiting with the relatives I actually wanted to see...because I was on booze runs every 10 minutes. :mellow: It's bad enough they feel the need to drink and badmouth people at a kid's birthday party, but they could at least get their own damn liquor.

Now, I have a headache. I want it to go away. Now.

Maybe things will be better in the morning...it's still a while before I go to bed though. Gotta keep things consistent. :yes: I've been watching CSI Miami for the past few hours. Good show. :yes:

Have a nice night.

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Can I just be the first to say...

... mmmmmm, new thread smell!

I see I'm an Augur now! Remember some of that from Ancient History at school. Let's see what Wikipedia says:
His main role was to interpret the will of the gods by studying the flight of the birds (whether they are flying in groups/alone, what noises they make as they fly, direction of flight and what kind of birds they are), known as "taking the auspices." The ceremony and function of the augur was central to any major undertaking in Roman society--public or private--including matters of war, commerce, and religion.
Well, I can declare this new thread... auspicious.

And thanks for all the good wishes, guys and gals! Makes these tough days a little easier. :thumbsup:
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ australis the Augur-- awesome. :D

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I may be still asleep.... :sleep:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning everyone!

I tried to sleep in this morning...well, technically, I did sleep in...but I'm no more rested than usual. drat.

I'd like to wish a Happy Father's Day to any of you fathers out there! :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Good morning... :yawn:

I'm watching Kathy Griffin: My Life On the D-List. Funny show. :lol:

Good day all! :hello:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I slept in until 9am, but I was also out night fishing until 3am. We missed the pancake breakfast this morning. Looks like I will have to cook something, once I am awake enough to do so. I really need to get to bed earlier on the weekends, because my sleep pattern is all thrown off during the week. During the week I am dead tired all day, and wide awake in the eveings and at night.

Today, we will have a late lunch/early dinner, since my husband has to go back to work this evening. We are also going to leave the campground a bit early, so we can visit my inlaws for Father's Day.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Happy Fathers Day to any fathers out there.
australis wrote:I see I'm an Augur now!
Cool! Can you drill of hole for me?

In other news: Our one outside cat, Squeeky, has been in a bit of a mood lately. Every other morning lately she's been leaving various dead animals on the porch. Mostly rabbits and squirrels, though yesterday she managed to bring down a jackrabbit as big as she is. She has kittens so maybe she's showing them the ropes. :conf:
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

RJDiogenes wrote:
I found a supply of old radio shows called "The Voyage Of The Scarlet Queen." Adventures in the South Pacific. Never heard of it, so I'll have to check it out. :yes:
Hmmm, sounds interesting.
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Speaking of cats....my dad had - or has - a feral cat hanging around his garage (well, it's big enough to be an attached barn). Actually she was born there. Well, she had a litter of kittens. Dad was trying to trap her so he could take her and her kittens to the SPCA. Yesterday morning, he found the kittens - something had gotten them during the night...drat! They were less than two weeks old, poor little critters. :(

On another note, we've had a nice Father's Day here. Dad came out (like he usually does on Sundays). My sister and her husband showed up. We cooked out (burgers and dogs) and my brother called to talk to Dad.

Another nice note. My brother's step-daughters visited him yesterday and gave him his first ever (at 62 yrs old) Father's Day cards! :)
Imagine by John Lennon

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:
mudshark wrote:Hmmm, sounds interesting.
That's the very site I was looking at. There's a lot there to go through. :yes: Also, thanks to a link that Spiff sent me, I found a bunch of other Old Radio Shows, including some starring Humphrey Bogart. :thumbsup:
jgc wrote:Speaking of cats....my dad had - or has - a feral cat hanging around his garage (well, it's big enough to be an attached barn). Actually she was born there. Well, she had a litter of kittens. Dad was trying to trap her so he could take her and her kittens to the SPCA. Yesterday morning, he found the kittens - something had gotten them during the night...drat! They were less than two weeks old, poor little critters. :(
Aw, that's terrible. Poor things. :sob:

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^Poor cats...natural selection at it's finest...:(

Good evening. My dad must have said something to piss my mom off...because she's been hiding in her room all day, emotionally unstable as far as I can tell, and, as such, I have been running the house all day. I mowed the lawn as a father's day present to my dad, baked brownies (fudge with white chocolate chips), cleaned up various rooms in the house...etc.

Now, he's home, they still aren't interacting, and I honestly would love to know what the hell is going on.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Well, I've got one more wild critter to report on...Hearing a noise in the corner behind the fridge, I flashed a light in there and saw a little gray mouse! Damn, not even a field mouse. Now I'm gonna have to set out a couple of mouse traps. Yuck.
Imagine by John Lennon