Check In Thread #9

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check In Thread #9

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Today was a pretty good Friday. :yes:

It cooled off last night here, too. I had to put on socks this morning because my feet were cold.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, folks. :hello:

Another nice, cool morning. I think I'll take a little walk. And today is my Niece's Birthday party. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning.

It is a nice morning. Just waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. :coffee:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I had to sleep with the air on. I'm jealous of you people who slept with the windows open. :lol:

Not much else to report, except that I slept for 11 hours last night. :eek: Oh, and my husband is now in a feud with one of the nosey neighbors out here. This should be provide me with lots of entertainment. It's a good thing I have popcorn up in the cupboard.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

If all goes well I'm going to the Big Bear Renaissance festival today. Hope it's a bit livelier than it was last year. If nothing else it will be a nice drive. Doesn't look like it's going to get too hot today.

Happy birthday to RJ's niece! :hello:

Have fun with the feud, Cayla.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, all. :hello:

I am finally back from my Niece's party. I actually got back a while ago, but then I was on the phone with my Brother for about an hour trying to figure out an issue with Adobe Premiere. Not the smoothest user-interface ever designed. :lol:
Lupine wrote:Happy birthday to RJ's niece! :hello:
Thank you. One of the presents I gave her was Telzey Amberdon. She said she thought it looked cool, so I hope she likes it and that it inspires an interest in real SF. :yes:

Cayla, I wish I could sleep eleven hours. :mellow:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Evening everyone.

Not a bad day here. Weather was great. Should have mowed but didn't. But got some other stuff done instead.

Hope tomorrow is as nice.
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Evening everyone. I'm back, safe and sound. I had a blast! I'll be sure to put pictures up as soon as I can. All I want to do right now is sleep... :yawn:

Sounds like everyone had an interesting week. I'm also pleased to see that the board still exists. :D

Night everyone.

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Welcome back, Sean. :thumbsup:

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's another nice, cool Autumnish morning. I'm going to head down to some walking trails across from the beach that I've never been to before.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning everyone.

It is cool again this morning.

Whatever I had last week is back - or it never left. Guess I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow.
Imagine by John Lennon

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Lupine wrote:Happy birthday to RJ's niece! :hello:
Thank you. One of the presents I gave her was Telzey Amberdon. She said she thought it looked cool, so I hope she likes it and that it inspires an interest in real SF. :yes:
Hope she likes the book. :yes:

Had a good day at the ren faire. Hung out with people, was sorely tempted to buy a couple of things that I don't really need but they were really cool, and best of all the weather was good. Funny thing: just inside the entrance when I was gabbing with one of the vendors I know, there was a guy playing a flute and I realized that he was playing the tune from TNG's "The Inner Light" :veryhappy: . I wonder how many around knew that?
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^Glad you had fun at the Faire. :yes:

Afternoon everyone. A wicked storm just passed through...and we've been without internet all day. No fault of the storm though, just turns out that the DSL box works best when it's turned on. Who would have guessed? :D

I plan on getting some pictures of my trip up this evening or tomorrow. There are some beautiful shots of the lake that RJ might get a kick out of.

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Can't wait. :yes:

Good evening, everyone. :hello:
jgc wrote:Whatever I had last week is back - or it never left. Guess I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow.
Good idea. That's been hanging on a long time. :(
Lupine wrote:Hope she likes the book. :yes:
Me, too. I hope to get them both interested in Science Fiction and other creative pursuits. It's hard because the rest of the family keeps pushing them in more mundane directions. My Nephew seems to have lost most of his creative urges already, but my Niece still does creative stuff. Just a couple of weeks ago, she put on a home-made play at my Grandmother's house. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

I don't think I checked in tonight.

So, checking in. Tomorrow will be here all too soon.
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

RJDiogenes wrote: ...It's hard because the rest of the family keeps pushing them in more mundane directions. My Nephew seems to have lost most of his creative urges already, ...
I find that sad. Our society in general is becomming less and less able to express themselves, and I think things like this are part of the problem. :(
...but my Niece still does creative stuff. Just a couple of weeks ago, she put on a home-made play at my Grandmother's house. :)
:thumbsup: Good for her!

Good morning (?) everyone. A massive storm just rolled in, so the computer and internet were shut off for most of the evening. Just turned them back on now. I think it's almost time for me to turn in. I just sent an email to Hannah...she should be getting back from her trip to France soon. I wrote some post cards to send to her while I was away, but it turns out that there isn't a post office in town :wtf: , so I'll be mailing them tomorrow. :yes: I really do miss her though... :mellow:

Good night everyone! Hope you feel better jgc. :hug: