The Place to Check In

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Re: The Place to Check In

Post by Sean »

jgc wrote:^ There ya go. You can give him this virus thingie.

Damn! I almost wouldn't mind being sick if it didn't include the vertigo. I spent a couple of hours dozing off and on this afternoon. I feel like I could close my eyes and doze some more.

I, too, am looking forward to the premiere of NCIS tonight, Sean.
^This. I came home early from school (thank you guidance counselor for scheduling all my "real" classes before noon. :D), and took a nap from noon-ish to 5. I don't think I have any homework tonight, so I can sleep ome more, if I desire. The Homecoming bonfire is tonight...I was considering going, but since I'm sick, and it's on a goddamn Tuesday for some reason, I'll be staying home and watching NCIS. I really only went last year because my foreign-exchange friend went...
jgc wrote:Yeah, yeah. Two posts in a row - so sue me.

Anyway, it's been a number of months since I last wound up my music box. Not five minutes ago, it played 1 note and then 4 notes. Just add that to all the other strange noises I hear around here. Or, the place is haunted. :Ahhh: :eek:
Could be a spring releasing pressure. :unsure:

Cayla, the hospital you describe sounds like Mercy Hospital here in Buffalo. That's one place you don't want to put a loved one for any extended stay. Has an adequate emergency department, but according to my dad, the paramedic, the hospital is filthy, and the doctors really couldn't give a shit for you or your sickness. Disgusts me... :warn:

I'm off to find something to eat. It's been a while...

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

After two days, I can finally breath again! Unfortunately, the virus packed up and moved from my nasal passages to my lungs. I don't have time for this.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I hope everybody feels better. Today I had a bloody nose. That's not a good sign. :no:
jgc wrote:Anyway, it's been a number of months since I last wound up my music box. Not five minutes ago, it played 1 note and then 4 notes. Just add that to all the other strange noises I hear around here. Or, the place is haunted. :Ahhh: :eek:
Time to call Ghost Hunters. Image
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Had a dust storm today. The sky was grey all day, and very windy. I'm glad that I'm now inside.

Also had the case of the munches after that storm also.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I'm working at HQ today, so I'll probably be late tonight. :mellow:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

I gotta go in early today...and I'm staying after...it's gonna be a long day. :mellow:

Still feeling a bit under the weather too.

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning everyone.

I had thought I might go to work until I bent over to feed the cat and the vertigo hit. But it's not as bad as yesterday so there is hope. I need to get to work tomorrow because ther is a very important form I need to fill out and fax by Friday.....
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Checking in while I watch The Wire. Thought I did earlier. Weird day here.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning! (Good evening to Joel and australis!)

The dog and cat decided I didn't need to sleep this morning. Both are driving me crazy. I have a ton of things to do today, but it is not going to get done. I'm about to go back to bed. Damn virus! I couldn't even keep my first cup of coffee down. It pissed me off to ruin a perfectly good cup of coffee. I'm determined to drink the second cup before I go back to sleep.

jgc, is it possible that you have a sinus infection? That can cause vertigo.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I remember my aunt saying that there was some kind of bug being passed around her job at Wal-mart a year or two back that caused vertigo. I wonder if that's what jcg has.
Everyone else try to feel better before I catch something. :unsure:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The dog and I tried to go back to sleep, but the cat kept bothering us. Even Maximus is fed up with her today. :lol:

Right now I am doing laundry and thinking about doing a few things with the garden.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

The last time I felt like this, I did go to the doctor and she said that it's a virus. Probably because there was no pain in the sinuses, just pressure. Although, I have heard of these things turning into sinus infections....hm.

I've got to make an appointment anyway, I need her to schedule a follow up CT scan and I'll need to get my flu shot as early as possible.
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^yeah, I need to see the doctor too. I've been feeling better, but I need to get in there for a yearly check up (which is now 2 years overdue...), because I need them to straighten out some screw-ups with my medication, and they need to write me a prescription for a separate testing location in order for the state to recognize my condition, and give me the proper accommodations on College level tests...:rolleyes:

They also decided that it's time for me to see another neurologist. I stopped seeing the first one almost 2 years ago now, because he was a pompous ass, who constantly pushed pills on me. One of them, thankfully works, so I've stuck with that for the past 2 years. I have no idea who the hell it was, whether it be the doctor's office, the insurance company, or the pharmacy...decided that I can only have one more prescription filled before I need to see another doctor. This is bad for 2 reasons. If the new doctor decides that I should go on a different med, then I need to go through the 2 week withdrawal period. Then not only will my tics be worse for a while, but there'll also be the whole game of finding the proper medication/dose again. Secondly, When they decided to "cut me off" they screwed up the prescription, giving me the smaller dose pills, for the same amount of time, which means I need to take twice as many pills...and only get half the time out of them. Considering how it will take until at least December to get a new Neurologist, and I have enough drug to last me to the beginning of November...I'm completely screwed. I'm not gonna let this screw up my senior year like it did my Sophomore...

I'm off to try to sell some entertainment books to my neighbors. I know I should probably take a friend with me, lest they try to rape and murder me...but I think I'll risk it... ;)

Over and out.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Wow, I hope everybody feels better quickly. :mellow: Sean, if you can't get an appointment until December, maybe they will authorize an additional supply to tide you over.

Well, today was a long strange one. I'm exhausted. :sleep:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

I'm still hearing noises....
Imagine by John Lennon