The Place to Check In

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Place to Check In

Post by RJDiogenes »

What kind of noises? :mellow:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

You know - noises coming from the other room that shouldn't be happening because Tipper and I are right here on the love seat....those kinds of noises. Unexplained types.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oh, those. :unsure:

I was hearing those this morning. Right here in this room with me. I finally figured out that it was a cardboard box that was slowly popping open. Whew. :mellow:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

A couple of weeks ago I heard something slide down the wall in the other room, like it fell over or something. When I went to look, it hadn't fallen over at all... :unsure:
Imagine by John Lennon

Lord_Plecostomus
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Lord_Plecostomus »

Sean your post indicates you have some kind of neurological issue? Can you fill me in on the details I'm late to the party on this.

So anyway. Was at work today and we got talking about Star Trek. Temp-labor worker walks by and declares "Only fags like Star Trek." I go to stand up and fire his ass for mouthing off to the boss (me)... that's pure insubordination.

MY boss gets up, tells me to stay put then hauls off and roundhouses the temp-worker. :eek: Then he sits back down and says "no punching people, 'cause that'll mess things up for you and the military."

My reply was "I was just going to fire him!" Boss shook his head and said "That won't learn him anything, only way to teach that sort is to hit 'em."

...wow. Just wow. :eek:
Witty comment goes here.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^I think I like your boss... :D

LP, tic disorder is my piece of the medical bandwagon. Fun shit, let me tell ya. Like toned down Tourette's basically...less frequent, possible to outgrow, and much more easily controlled. It's still there though, which is where the meds, doctors, and screw-ups on the part of the state, doctors, and schools go.

RJ...chances are, no, I can't. I'd need doctor authorization, and if they're the ones who are telling me to stop taking drugs...turns out mom did get me a neuro appt. for later in October. That's good. Hopefully he keeps me on the medication. Hell, I'll tell him that I'm gonna stay on the keppra. Ain't no way in hell I'm going through the crap I had to deal with before. If summer comes, and he wants to tweak things, he's welcome to, but until then, the helm's mine. :warn:

Night everyone. I'm finishing up my last bit of homework, and going to bed.

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Another restless night. :yawn:
Lord_Plecostomus wrote:My reply was "I was just going to fire him!" Boss shook his head and said "That won't learn him anything, only way to teach that sort is to hit 'em."
Kind of opens the place up to a lawsuit, though. Better off firing him. "Termination for Flaming. Comments to DOL."
Sean wrote:RJ...chances are, no, I can't. I'd need doctor authorization, and if they're the ones who are telling me to stop taking drugs...turns out mom did get me a neuro appt. for later in October.
Well, at least you won't run out then. That's good.
jgc wrote:A couple of weeks ago I heard something slide down the wall in the other room, like it fell over or something. When I went to look, it hadn't fallen over at all... :unsure:
Sometimes when I'm upstairs, I hear noises downstairs like somebody moving around, but without ever hearing anybody come in; when I go down, there's nobody there....

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning everyone.

Sean, just be sure you tell your doctor that this particular drug is working, where many others have not. It's my experience that they are reluctant to change something that is working well.

Hope you all have a good day.
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^hopefully...

Morning everyone. It's almost Friday! :veryhappy:

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning, everyone!

I'm feeling much better today.

jgc, is it possible that the noises are being made by another mouse? Sometimes they can get inside the walls and create all kinds of sounds.

Years ago, my husband and I lived in the upstairs of an old duplex where one summer, a raccoon made it's home in the chimney. The chimney ran through our kitchen, and we could hear it scratching around in there all the time. One night, we heard it slid down through the chimney. It ended up in the basement, which was only used by the lower unit's tennant. I have no idea how that raccoon got up in the chimney in the first place. Then again, we had a kitten that used to somehow climb up onto the roof, and sit in my kitchen window until I would let her in.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Hi all.

Bloody bloody dust! It's everywhere! I was inside and finding it hard to breathe!

I'm assuming y'all saw the pics. If you didn't, here's a news slide show:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/photos/2009/ ... 693741.htm

Talk about life on Mars!
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I've been seeing it on the news. We have dust storms here, but never quite that bad.
jgc wrote:You know - noises coming from the other room that shouldn't be happening because Tipper and I are right here on the love seat....those kinds of noises. Unexplained types.
I was house-sitting once and had that happen. It was a pretty solid house with no mice that I know off. Pretty weird. Around my house I just assume it's mice and I'm probably right.
Cayla wrote: I'm feeling much better today.
That's good. :yes:
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

australis wrote:Hi all.

Bloody bloody dust! It's everywhere! I was inside and finding it hard to breathe!

I'm assuming y'all saw the pics. If you didn't, here's a news slide show:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/photos/2009/ ... 693741.htm

Talk about life on Mars!
I've been seeing lots of pictures; this one has to be my favorite, snapped by some guy while on his way to work in the morning, driving across the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Lupine wrote:^I've been seeing it on the news. We have dust storms here, but never quite that bad.
It becomes more impressive when you realize that all that dust is coming all the way from the middle of the Australian continent -- the region surrounding Uluru / Ayers Rock, known as the Red Centre.

Nothing on quite so grand a scale here, but we did have a fire yesterday afternoon in the hills across town from where I am (roughly 2 miles/3 km off.) We had a decent view of part of it from the kitchen window and patio, and the S-2s, helicopters and the DC-10 water bomber were all out overhead. I don't have any pictures, but this shot of a fire back in May is looking at the same vicinity as yesterday's fire. Fortunately, wind was blowing away from structures and toward the hills, so the crews have a fairly straightforward job of it unless the fire flares up and keeps going to the town on the other side.

http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/in ... ent_id=394
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
Lord_Plecostomus
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Lord_Plecostomus »

Police came into work today, and questioned my boss.

Conversation went more or less like this:

OFFICER: Did you punch John Q. Worker? :unimpressed:
BOSS: Yes. :morning:
OFFICER: Why? :warn:
BOSS: He called one of my workers a fagot for liking a certain TV show, and he wouldn't back off about it. :slugger:
OFFICER: Oh ok. So in other words he needed punching. :whatever:
BOSS: Exactly. :thumbsup:
OFFICER: Carry on then, good day. :hello:

...well not EXACTLY like that but that's the general idea.

DISCLAIMER: Do not punch people. :warn:
Witty comment goes here.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

^ So the worker made a complaint, I take it.

About the noises - with my luck it probably is a mouse. I just wish they'd find a new home - like the field next door!

Australis - those are amazing pictures. Thankfully a dust storm is something I will probably never have to worry about here in New Hampshire.

And I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning to see what the heck is wrong with me!!! :loopy:
Imagine by John Lennon