The Check in Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

The Check in Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition

Post by Sean »

Wow, our 10th check in thread already! :eek: That's over 5,000 check in posts! :D

In an addendum to my previous post in the other thread, I've decided that I shall listen to some of the records I picked up on Friday for a bit. :yes:

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Check in Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ahhh, brand new Thread. * Deep breath. *

Good evening again, everyone. :hello:

I think I finally figured out the ghostly noises in my house. I was laying in bed this morning reading the comics and it happened several times. Sometimes it sounds like people walking around or moving things downstairs, sometimes it sounds like reindeer on the roof and sometimes it sounds like squirrels in the walls. But wherever I look, nothing. Then I finally realized-- it's probably branches hitting my uncles big plastic sign out front when the wind blows a certain way. I guess the house isn't haunted after all. :mellow:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good evening!

I am in the middle of canning 10 jars of zucchini relish. I have no idea why I am making so many. :mellow:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^Call me sheltered, but I've ever only had pickle relish... :mellow: I got to try the other types some day.

Evening. Checking if I have any homework, then enjoying my night. I have to stay til 5:30 again tomorrow, to finish my 5 hour course, so I might run a bit late. I think I'll make an other music video tonight if I don't have any homework. Haven't done one all sumemr... :mellow:

Have a nice night everyone!

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Checking in while I watch the last two episodes of Heroes. It feel like I'm on an ad break at the moment, but the fourth file is almost downlloaded. Got my image ready for later. Will wait until she has gone to bed before I upload it.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Sean, I've only had pickle relish up until Friday night. My friend made it. My husband then insisted I make some. :lol:

It tastes just like pickle relish.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Checking in. Changed my avatar on trekbbs. the surprise has started. Also rearranged my bedroom.
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

<snif, snif> Wazzat?

Ahhh, new thread smell, it always draws me in, like a well barbecued snag with onions!

Had half the house recarpeted on Friday, the other half this coming Wednesday. This means I'm moving bags and boxes hither and yon, cleaning up, repacking the shed, and fighting with the missus. Some people do not get that writers, when they're staring into space, are actually doing something. :( Damn.

Also reformatted this PC on Saturday, fortunately thought about it beforehand, had all the install files available on the second hard drive, all went well. Just a bit time consuming to get it back to normal.

Hmm, Joel seems to have a lot going on, what with surprises for admirals and things on facebook. I don't mind, the posts are just a bit... cryptic.

Had our own issues with FB. No 2 so, normally the level headed one, created a fake FB profile of a family friend. He thought it was a bit of fun, but I wish I'd known, then I could have said, "This Will Not End Well" and it didn't. He's taken off for a few days, aprtly on a holiday planned long beofrehand, partly to let the kerfuffle die down. :(

I can't complain too mcuh, I was intensly more stupid and thoughtless at the same age.
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Here I go off to my ten-hour day. Mondays are bad enough. Why did I agree to this? :sob:

If I never see you again.... :bye:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

australis wrote:Hmm, Joel seems to have a lot going on, what with surprises for admirals and things on facebook. I don't mind, the posts are just a bit... cryptic.
This group is where all the info for it - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 8282465638

Currently cooking some dinner.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning.

Have to stop being lazy and go into work today.

:yawn: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Joel wrote:
australis wrote:Hmm, Joel seems to have a lot going on, what with surprises for admirals and things on facebook. I don't mind, the posts are just a bit... cryptic.
This group is where all the info for it - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 8282465638

Currently cooking some dinner.
Ooo...Sounds like fun. I have a Karl Urban Av all set to go. Let me know when h-hour is. Provided it isn't during my school day (7-3:30 my time), I'll have one up in synch with the rest of em. One question...is it for Facebook, or TBBS? I'm not friends with CD on Facebook, so that wouldn't really work from my end.

Morning everyone. Got the rest of that course today...great. I don't remember anything from Friday's course. :mellow:

Have a nice day

Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

^ It's on trekbbs. The more the merrier. Several of us have changed avatars already. I'll send you a PM on trek now.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

australis wrote: Some people do not get that writers, when they're staring into space, are actually doing something. :( Damn.
Tell me about it. I can be ignored from sun up to sun down, but the second I sit down to write everyone around has to talk to me. That's why I try to write when there's no one about.

Which is not always successful.
RJDiogenes wrote:Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Here I go off to my ten-hour day. Mondays are bad enough. Why did I agree to this? :sob:

If I never see you again.... :bye:
Hang in there, RJ. We're with you! :hello:

As for around here, nothing much happening except the mysterious disappearance of some microwavable pancakes :conf: . And I was hungry for them this morning.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
The gnomes must be in the pancake stealing business now.