The Infirmary Thread

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

The Infirmary Thread

Post by Sean »

Post all your medical woes here.

Me, right now I have a bit of a fever, and even though I'm wrapped up in a sweater, sweat pants and a blanket, I;m still shivering a bit.

Fun day.

:sick:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Infirmary Thread

Post by RJDiogenes »

Chills are among my least favorite symptoms; I hate the cold to begin with, so you can imagine how much I hate it when it's inside me. I hope you feel better soon.

Today I had a stomach ache for a while, but it was a side effect of fast food; since I'm on a healthy diet most of the time, my system can't really deal with fast food anymore. I had to spend about an hour lying on the couch before I could get up and move around again. :mellow:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^I'll trade ya. I probably don't eat as healthily as I should, but I try to get a balanced diet. That includes fast food. Nothing wrong with a double cheeseburger occasionally. :D

I like the cold, but even I don't like the chills. I like the ability to get warm...I've had them a few other times today too. Currently wearing a fleece pullover and sweat pants in an effort to keep some warmth in me. :mellow:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Sean, hope you feel better soon.

I guess I told you all that I've got an appointment with the ear, nose, throat doctor for the vertigo. Well, that appt is this week. I'll report back any findings. I do hope there will be findings - I just want to feel good again.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Currently I have some chest congestion that almost feels like an old-school asthma attack and I feel a bit fatigued. The worst part is whatever I have, it looks like dad's coming down with it too :( .
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Is there any medicine he can take to keep ahead of it?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Not as far as I know. But so far it doesn't seem to be hitting him too hard. So far so good.
Lord_Plecostomus
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Lord_Plecostomus »

I have traumatic digestive upset. :no:

It is horrible beyond words. :scared: Imagine eating a volcano then deciding to wash that down with some napalm and a nuclear bomb. :as:

Yes it is THAT BAD. :eek:

...went to work anyway, if I'm going to shit myself inside out I might as well do it on company time that way I can blame the vending machine coffee. :coffee:

Condition was caused by something I ate. :bleh: Nothing Jenifer cooked for sure, this was my own damn fault this time. :dead:
Witty comment goes here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That happened to me a few months ago. Not good. :no:

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Well, the headache aspect of the fever seems to have died down, along with the chills a bit, but now the loss of fluid is kicking in...I've already taken multiple doses of Imoduim. :mellow:

Haven't been eating all that much either. :(

I think I'll stay home tomorrow, and rest up, so that I can make the rest of the week.

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
It would be a good idea to stay home another day. That way you can rest up and not have a relapse.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Still feeling ill. Nose isn't running as much as it was.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I think the congestion in my chest is starting to break up.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
It will last for another week.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Don't try sugar-coating it for me! :lol: