Check-in Thead, the Next Generation

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-in Thead, the Next Generation

Post by Lupine »

I have the usual Sunday cleaning to do today.

Feel the excitement.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good evening!

I had a great weekend! We had a clam bake on Saturday. Afterwards, one of the folks in my group had dessert at her place. It was nice to sit around a fire with twenty people half the night while eating cheesecake brownies, apple dumplings, pumpkin cake, and homemade coconut ice cream. We had a lot of laughs. It's hard to believe the season is almost over. I'm going to miss so many people over the winter.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Ah, sitting around the fire eating apple dumplings sounds great. I'm glad you had a good weekend. :yes:

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I have that feeling that I've forgotten to do something. :mellow:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Well, I'm pleased to say I will have a new Lego thread up soon. If not tonight, probably tomorrow. I have one new model and several that I finally took pictures of. :D
:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ I used to love legos!

Good evening guys. I spent the day making a few more Choir videos. I posted them over in Performing Arts if anyone wants to see. I also cooked, and cleaned, and slept, and played with the wax wrapping that baby belle cheese comes in...I have a sad life... :D

I also got around to e-mailing the girl I plan to take to Homecoming...

Have a good night everyone.

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I just got off the phone with one friend from the camper. We are plotting against our friend JoAnn. She's always been terrified of chickens, so we are going to get her a rooster at the beginning of the season and tie it to her deck in front of her door as a welcome back present.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Sean wrote:
I also got around to e-mailing the girl I plan to take to Homecoming...

Please tell me you aren't asking her to the dance via email....
Cayla wrote:I just got off the phone with one friend from the camper. We are plotting against our friend JoAnn. She's always been terrified of chickens, so we are going to get her a rooster at the beginning of the season and tie it to her deck in front of her door as a welcome back present.
Evil, Cayla, evil. :lol:

Today was a quiet Sunday. Dad and I watched our football team lose!! :( Other than that, I made dinner and dessert for him and we just hung out. Just a usual Sunday. Next weekend, my son will be here so we're cooking burgers on the grill Saturday and I'll take him back home Sunday. :)
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^Of course I'm not. I'm a hopeless romantic, remember? Not a cold hearted...guy. I just wanted to ask her how her weekend went. Reading her e-mail ( she has a relatively loose grasp of the English language), was not only entertaining and challenging ( almost like reading a direct French or german to English Translation) but also gave me a few butterflies in my stomach...I think this means one of two things. And I'm not puking, so it must be that other thing... :sweetlove: :blush: If I do decide to ask her, I'll probably do so later this week. In person.

Good evening guys. Cayla, remind me never to confess my worst fears here. Who's afraid of chickens anyway? :conf:

Well, I'm going to finish up my episode of House, and turn in. Have a gtood tomorrow everyone!

Oh, and speaking of football teams...

THE BILLS WON THEIR THIRD GAME IN A ROW TONIGHT!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :party: :party: :party: :clap: :clap: :viking: :drunkbuddy: :headstand: :toast:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I hope they aren't the ones who beat jgc's team. :no:

Good morning, everybody. :hello:
jgc wrote:Please tell me you aren't asking her to the dance via email....
I only wish I had that option when I was a kid. :veryhappy:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

I hate mornings.
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
I hate Monday mornings. :yawn: :coffee:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Cayla wrote:We are plotting against our friend JoAnn. She's always been terrified of chickens, so we are going to get her a rooster at the beginning of the season and tie it to her deck in front of her door as a welcome back present.
Chickenphobia? :wtf: That's a new one on me.

Nothing planned here today other than taking the dog to a vet appointment.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
She grew up on a farm in NH. He brothers used to make the chickens chase her.

My husband is working in the area, and he called to tell me he is bringing me lunch. This evening we are going out to the camper to help a friend move their's to a new lot. We're going to have a cookout and a fire.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ Have fun Cayla. :)

Good afternoon crew. I'm in pain. I decided to take my violin down here in the basement to practice. I had my hands full, so I shifted the case to the inside of my grasp, so that it was basically between my legs...you can probably guess what happened next. I turned to look at my dog, and walked straight into the wall. The case hit the wall first, and hit...well, you know... :blush:

All my valuables, violin included are okay though. Those cases are strong. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find some ice and a Tylenol. :mellow:

Have a good day.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Home from work. Got thru the day relatively painlessly. It is Monday, after all.

One of the women stopped in my office today and we spent at least 15 minutes laughing so hard we were both crying. That went a long way to improve my day. :yes:
Imagine by John Lennon