Plants vs. Zombies

Do you love Questionable Content? Are you a KOL fanatic? Which are your favorite Facebook games? Which are your favorite RPGs or comic blogs?

Moderator: Unicron

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Re: Plants vs. Zombies

Post by Unicron »

I've made some nice progress on my Zen Garden. I got some of the high-level plants lately and my night garden is nearly full. It's seemed to me that the rate of drops has increased notably for some reason, but I won't complain about that. :computer: :D

:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, that underwater scene is rather ominous. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Why? :p

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

No special reason. Well, except maybe the submerged graves. And the Human skull. And the strangely empty bathysphere. And the evil-looking, tentacled creature with the glowing red eyes. Other than that.... :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

This game looks cool! I may have to find it and give it a try.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I'm kind of glad I bought my copy before they changed the sprite for the dancing zombie. :D He looks a bit more like Disco Stu now. I got my night garden filled up, and Bejeweled 3 has been keeping me occupied as well.

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I'm working on finally getting around to unlocking Survival: Endless. The Hard fog level is challenging. :p But I'm hoping eventually to get the full stock of plants for my garden, and I've got my Tree of Wisdom close to 500 feet now.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It must be up to the giant's castle by now....

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Only halfway. ;) I finally beat the Survival Fog level, which is a lot more challenging than simple fog. YouTube is very helpful for potential solutions, but even then it took several tries. I will admit I was impressed by the final one that worked - I thought it looked a tad expensive at first since night doesn't allow you spare sunshine. But the strategy involved using some melon-pults and a few supporting plants, with a lot of twin sunflowers, and it worked pretty well in the end.

I also got several new plants for my garden, so that made me happy. :D

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Here are some updated pics of my garden. I hadn't realized how old the old pics were. :p

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lots of new species there. I like the guy that looks like a pumpkin. :D

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I had a fun run the other night. I'm back up to defending the back yard in daytime (almost up to the fourth of the five arcade tiers, 10 levels each). Part of the trick in the hard arcade mode is that Crazy Dave automatically chooses three of your seeds for you, and you have to make potential use of whatever those choices are. I built about a dozen Sunflowers and was able to twin most of them while I used a basic defense, and I think I finished the level with several thousand sun. :D One of the Dave seeds was the coffee bean, so I planted the occasional Hypno-Shroom and was able to control practically all of the football zombies that sprang up.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

And there's a lot of football zombies this time of year. :zombie: :D

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

I've also had to deal with Zombonis on a couple of levels, and have been relying on Spikeweeds and Spikerocks to get rid of them. Spikerocks are well worth the upgrade, as they can destroy nine vehicular zombies before dying. They're also one of the very few plants that aren't immediately killed by a Gargantuar smacking them, each smack instead being the equivalent of a vehicular strike. So they'll last at least nine hits, giving you much more time to take out the Gargantuars.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gargantuars sounds scary.

And they just gave me an idea for Sea Creature Lounge Creature Double Feature....