Blogging

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Blogging

Post by scottydog »

Renie wrote: Would it be okay for me to someday submit a post about Salman Rushdie? I find him amazing and inspiring, both as a writer and a human being who lives with a fatwa on his head for the sin of saying the 'wrong' thing.
A post from you wound be wonderful, Renie. Rushdie is indeed a very courageous man whose story deserves to be told on my heroes blog. :D
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'd love to read that.

I left a comment about your excerpt, Renie, but it's nothing you haven't heard before. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

RJDiogenes wrote:I'd love to read that.

I left a comment about your excerpt, Renie, but it's nothing you haven't heard before. :D
Woo-hoo! I'll wait on writing the Rushdie post until after I've finished MIDNIGHT'S CHILDREN and then THE SATANIC VERSES. I also need to do a boatload of research.

On the comment, thanks! :sweetlove: I feel like this version is much, much improved from the several-drafts-ago version you read, though hopefully it's retained my voice. If anything I've found the better writer I've become, the more clearly my voice comes through.
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I loved your excerpt, Renie. You are indeed a gifted writer.

Lupy's hero blog post is up -- check it out. It's really got me thinking once again about that fine line between heroism and villainy.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I know. In retrospect it started me thinking about individuals like Al Capone and the other prohibition crime bosses who the public seemed to be fascinated with.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Great article on a very interesting phenomenon-- having respect for a worthy opponent seems like a lost art these days.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

scottydog wrote:I loved your excerpt, Renie. You are indeed a gifted writer.

Lupy's hero blog post is up -- check it out. It's really got me thinking once again about that fine line between heroism and villainy.
Thanks! :dance:

Lupy, fascinating post. I've lately been of the mind that whether military and political leaders are regarded a 'hero' or 'villain' depends on who's writing the history books. Case: my high school history teacher said FDR was a hero; my macro economics prof said he was a villain. :book: :conf: B)
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^Much like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder, which is a major theme of our first heroes book. What really interests me is how our impressions of people evolve over time and across generations. Maybe as society matures, our ability to acquire a "simple understanding", as Lupy puts it, grows.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's assuming that society matures.... :lol:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

society as a whole mature? :conf: :no: doubtful.... BUT as for little pockets of individuals maturing and larning, adapting and changing - now that is possible!
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

C'mon, guys, societies do mature. Look how far we've come with regard to slavery, civil rights, etc.

RJ's hero blog post is scheduled for Monday a.m. It's a real-eye opener for me, and much appreciated, as are all your contributions. :)
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i still need to comment to the comments on my guest post - slump. tomorrow i may have the energy and time at the same sitting!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:C'mon, guys, societies do mature. Look how far we've come with regard to slavery, civil rights, etc.
Oh, I completely agree. I was just being funny. And maybe a bit cynical, since we're in something of a dark age now.
RJ's hero blog post is scheduled for Monday a.m. It's a real-eye opener for me, and much appreciated, as are all your contributions. :)
I'm glad you liked it. :yes:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I look forward to seeing it! :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Thanks. :)