Blogging

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Blogging

Post by scottydog »

That's the cool thing about your blog posts -- I learn a lot from them. And they make me think. That's exactly what I'm aiming for! :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We all learn stuff from each other here. Lots of cross-pollination of ideas. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^Yes indeed!

RJ's latest blog post about the heroism of Myrna Loy is up and running. It's great to cast a spotlight on people whose life contributions well-deserve some attention.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Thanks, scotty. And thanks for the comment, Lupy. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

finally have some spare time - so might pop on over and catch up!!
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Ok, I am FED UP of my current blog host. :wallbash: :thumbsdown:
For the 3-4th time, I am unable to load my blog to sanfranciscomusicnews.com.
I tried a few times yesterday - and again today - have emailed support twice sans result...
I am getting reader stats of 100+ PD, but if I cannot load my posts...
think9ing SERIOUSLYT of changing sfmn.com into a Blogger blog...

any opinions>?
i gt good stats/coverage at orble.com - and average adsense returns - BUT i can't f'in post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no:
Blogger gives me the opp to post when i want - and no hassles posting - and no st ammount of posts PW.....but i havebuilt up a r4adership at sfmn.com / orble....

how long should i give them at orvble to fix probs before exiting, I wonder?????
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Perhaps you can try this. ;) :D

:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Madeliaette wrote:how long should i give them at orvble to fix probs before exiting, I wonder?????
It sounds like you've already given them a chance. They never even responded to you when the responses to Bird Story were disappearing.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i finally got a post up today - after trying for 2 days.....
but i am thinking of swappijng my sfmn blog to blogger anyways... it will mean a drop in stats, but....
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^It's a great post, too. I enjoy reading what's on your mind and what you're up to!

And thanks, RJ and Lupine, for commenting on my 'Sensitivity to Changing Fortunes' blog post. I'm so fascinated by that rich mixture of emotions we can feel when others succeed or fail. When are we happy at others' successes? And when do those successes depress us? It's all so complicated.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

last chance to stay with current sfmn.com blog - emailed isp connctions support. if they cannot fix my problem, i am shifting it to blogger.
apparently i have an overall speed of 10.17 Mbps, but only an uploda speed of 0.83..... sop it might be th problem - BUT why do my other blogs load, if so>? why only ONE wont?

FINALLY!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ If it's just the one blog, then the problem is with that blog. But that's a really bad upload speed. It should be at least two, and more like four. You might need a new modem.
scottydog wrote:And thanks, RJ and Lupine, for commenting on my 'Sensitivity to Changing Fortunes' blog post. I'm so fascinated by that rich mixture of emotions we can feel when others succeed or fail. When are we happy at others' successes? And when do those successes depress us? It's all so complicated.
It's also about the trying. An underdog who fails could be considered a great hero just for going up against impossible odds.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i could ask for one - the one i got came free with the broadband, not sure if i need to buy one if i need a new one, tho...
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

For your amusement, I offer you the latest spam comment to reach my blog:

"omg i looooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee you're blog its coolerific im so psyched, that i can DANCE. and i normally HAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DANCEING."

:lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ He seems so sincere. :dancer: :veryhappy:
Madeliaette wrote:i could ask for one - the one i got came free with the broadband, not sure if i need to buy one if i need a new one, tho...
Here they replace them for free if they wear out-- not sure what your system is like, though.