Football

Football, basketball, baseball, darts, swimming --- name your sport, claim your team, and post about it!

Moderator: jgc

jgc
Senator
Senator

Football

Post by jgc »

Here's a thread to talk about your favorite football team. Any kind of football. Any team.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Re: Football

Post by Renie »

Yay! I loves my footballz.

Okay, so I'm a huge Patriots fan, but I haven't had any time at all to follow them in the preseason. jgc, the Pats are your team too, right? How do they look this year? Any predictions?
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

The only football team I actually follow are the Bills. I've never been to a game, and I don't watch many of their games ( infact, I have only a vauge understanding of football), but, it's a phenomenon. Even though the Bills never acaually win...
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

The Bills!!??? :wtf:

Yes, Renie, the Patriots are my team. So far, I haven't even watched a pre-season game. I'll check in with my dad and my son (two bigger Pats fans than I am!) and see what they think. Dad won't make a prediction. Every year he says "You just never know what's going to happen from week to week."
Imagine by John Lennon

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Uh oh. Tension already. :veryhappy:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

:lol:

jgc, I think Belichick has created a whole culture up here in NE football. The "week-to-week" think is Belichick through and through. I love it. :D
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ You know, the Buffalo Bills. The people who brought you O.J. Simpson, Jim Kelly, Drew Bledsoe, Kevin Everett, and Doug Flutie?

Oh well, winning doesn't exactly seem like a priority for any of Buffalo's teams. The Sabers, the Bisons,...the Bills... :mellow:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Sean, Sean, Sean... :no:

Drew Bledsoe was drafted by NE and spent most of his career in NE. Doug Flutie is from Mass, went to Boston College and spent the bulk of his pro career in the Canadian Football League.
Imagine by John Lennon

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Well...well...well, I bet we're the only team that can boast about losing 80% percent of the season's games, and be somewhat proud of it...

Yeah, it's actually kind of funny, in a sad way. Everyone knowsthat the Bills will lose and yet, gam turn-out s good, and people are fanatical as ever...maybe there's a glimmer of hope somewhere in the future. Anyway, Doug Flutie has a cereal named afer him. That has to count for something.

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Oh man, oh man, oh man!!! The Patriots won, but Tom Terrific hurt his knee..... :sob:
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Cleveland played Dallas. I didn't have to watch that game to know who was going to win. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

The Bills actually won a game! I almost had a heart attack. We kicked Seattle's butts! :party: :bounce: :veryhappy:

jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Tom Brady is out for the season... :(
Imagine by John Lennon

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Tonight's game is Cleveland vs Pittsburgh. I bet I can tell you who is going to win. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hey! The Patriots won! Kewl.
Imagine by John Lennon