Check-in: 15 and counting...

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Check-in: 15 and counting...

Post by Lupine »

Looks like we need a new check-in thread as the other was kidnapped by the Google-bot. :Ahhh:

Not much happening at my end of reality. The most exciting thing to happen yesterday was the door knob on the front door broke and I had to fix it.

We call that excitement out here.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-in: 15 and counting...

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, nothing like a fresh Check-In Thread to make the world seem new again.

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Three days till the long weekend. But who's counting? ;)
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

One day til the looong weekend for me!!! :D This will be a nice weekend. It's next weekend I'm not looking forward to.

Evening everyone. Actually had a pretty good day at work. While we were walking after lunch we were listing all the positives about moving the admin office to the building we own in Farmington. Window and doors on offices! Neither of which I have now. Cool.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Well, I think I figured out my kerfluffle with my friend. We had a nice chat, figured things out. Hopefully. :shrug:

Now, on to the season finales of both NCIS and NCIS LA. Should be exciting.

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Hey everyone. Just got back from New York City, where I watched my daughter officially graduate from college. A bittersweet experience.

What's new here? Any juicy gossip? Is everyone doing okay?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I think Sean is the only one with juicy gossip. :lol: I'm glad you had a good time with your daughter. Is she going to continue to live in New York?

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I don't know what day it is. Having Lost on Sunday night totally screwed up my internal clock. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good morning everyone.

I've been awake since 3. I woke up with a terrible stomach ache. Thought for sure I was going to be sick. Then the gas started moving around. I know - too much info - but I'd rather have gas than be sick any day!

And RJ: It's Wednesday.

Since I was awake before the birds this morning (quite a feat), I think I'll be going to bed early tonight. Or I'll just fall asleep sitting here like the old fogey I'm turning into. :lol:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Long day today...have my voice lesson tonight, driving into work. Can't wait for Memorial Day weekend! :thumbsup:
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I have a busy day of errands, house cleaning, and yard work planned. Jen will bring her dog over later for our walk. It's been two weeks since we walked with the dogs due to my sinus infection. Sometime in the middle of all this, I have to make a stop at the UrgiCare center to get a script for eyedrops. I might go soon in hopes of not having to wait around for hours to be seen.

It was weird not having a new episode of Lost to watch last night. :(
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Elmo Dukat wrote:Long day today...have my voice lesson tonight, driving into work. Can't wait for Memorial Day weekend! :thumbsup:
I can wait. The Evil Stepchildren will be over this weekend. Ugh.

RJ, my daughter loves New York and will try to live there forever, unless her film production career takes her to either Los Angeles or London. I wish she lived here in Richmond, but with "only" a million people, Richmond is a hopelessly boring hick town to her!
opali
Augur
Augur

Post by opali »

Checking in.

Congrats on your daughter's accomplishment, scottydog! Glad you're back home. I've heard about these Evil Stepchildren a couple of times now. Doesn't sound like fun. :(

I haven't yet had a chance to read the movie thread, RJ; it must've been the kitties who distracted me. Or the salmonella infection. :as:

What is everyone doing for the weekend? I'm just hanging around, cleaning, reading...not much. The kids are off with their dad for the weekend. He was laid off recently and we are both now not working. Kind of scary, but you know, just tuck and roll, and hopefully it all turns out okay. He has a PhD in Physics, so I think he will be okay...we do live in Research Triangle Park. He has opportunities to teach, as well.

I am pleased to announce I sent off my FAFSA and am anticipating the results soon. If my un-husband does not find work soon, it may be tight, but I will get through. He is not all that pleasant to talk to right now, which I understand, but it doesn't make communication any easier. In our past, he talked and I listened, so you have an idea of how it goes now, especially when I stand up for myself.

Well, I'm off to clean whatever it is the kids did in the kitchen while I slept through my illness! :Ahhh:

Happy Wednesday :hello:
"Grown-ups, of course, won't believe you."
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, everyone. Just another day around here.
RJDiogenes wrote:I don't know what day it is. Having Lost on Sunday night totally screwed up my internal clock. :lol:
Better than me. I spend half of last weekend thinking Memorial day was the coming Monday.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

opali wrote: Congrats on your daughter's accomplishment, scottydog! Glad you're back home. I've heard about these Evil Stepchildren a couple of times now. Doesn't sound like fun. :(
Thanks, opali. The Evil Stepchildren aren't so much evil as they are spoiled, rude, disrespectful, and infantile. Other than that, they're great to be around. :as:

I'm almost afraid to ask -- What's an "un-husband"?
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
I believe she is talking about her ex-husband.

Congrats on your daughter's accomplishments, scottydog. You must be proud of her.

I spent the morning going to the bank, grocery shopping, at the Urgicare center, and then the pharmacy. I still need to go to the garden center to get topsoil (and more impulse buy plants!).

It's the first time in 3 years I have my air conditioning up and running! :veryhappy:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Congrats on your daughter's grad scotty. Film making sounds like an interesting career. :yes:

Opali, I hope things aren't tight for two long...
:hug:

Today was a good day. I was informed that I had received one of the Hamburg Teachers Association Scholarships...so I now have an extra $1000 to put towards college. :D Also had two good chorus rehearsals, and an excellent game of Petanque (boccie ball) with the French club. I gotta pass on the title of president soon... :mellow:

Tomorrow is the "Senior Breakfast". Basically, they give us food, our yearbooks, and then let us leave school after 11. I'm going to skip part of the breakfast, and go to choir rehearsal. I care about that more than any dumb breakfast. :yes: My last choir concert is fast approaching. It'll be a sad day...:sob:

Have a good day everyone.

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008