SHORT FICTION CONTEST - Green Guy - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS

All the current and past ReNext writing contests. Are you a poet, author, essayist? Check out our current contests now! Contests are usually monthly, bi-monthly, or seasonal.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

SHORT FICTION CONTEST - Green Guy - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS

Post by Renie »

***Green Guy Fiction Contest***

RULES:

GENRE: Fiction

WORD COUNT: No more than 300 words (each smiley counts as a word)

FORMAT: The story must utilize Green Guy smilies. Say hello, Green Guy! -> :hello:
Example: " :warn: ." she said as I :blush: . I didn't mean to :whip: , but I thought were :love: . That night I :sob: and :wallbash: , but she only :mad: .
DEADLINE: January 1, 2011. Please post whenever you're done; you can also make up to three submissions. The poll will open for voting on January 1, and will close on January 8. Happy :computer: !
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: SHORT FICTION CONTEST - Green Guy - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, modern hieroglyphic storytelling. I hope I can manage to do this. Good thing I got my shopping done. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

:D If you think the deadline's too close, let me know. We could push it back to Jan 15, after the holidays.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, see how everybody else feels. I'll try to get at least one done. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Me too.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Sounds fun. Rather like the Smiley Theater thread from the old board.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I was thinking the same thing. I wish we could have salvaged that Thread.

gorzek
Pleb
Pleb

Post by gorzek »

:) decided he wanted to build a universe from scratch. He dreamed of a new world, a better world, one where :coffee: weren't bigger than him, a world where he could turn the pages of a :book: and not just have it sit on whatever page it fell open to, a world where :sing: could be heard and not seen. Yes, a brave, new world of torsos and limbs.

:) had big dreams, bigger dreams than a squishy little green ball should rightly possess. Obstacles hampered his grand vision, such as are encountered by all geniuses encumbered by the demands of convention and conformity. His father certainly didn't approve, giving him a :warn: upon hearing such outlandish notions. His friends were :conf:. There was, however, his friend :geek:, who was smart on account of his glasses. He'd be the brains.

They toiled for weeks. Don't ask where they got the plutonium and particle accelerator. They rarely paused to :yum: or :sleep:, and :) was even too busy to :sex: his girlfriend. After weeks of work, they were ready. :) threw the switch.

"Is it on?" :geek: asked.

:yes:

"Is anything happening?"

:no:

"Just wait a few minutes."

They waited impatiently. The metal torus circumscribing the perimeter of the basement hummed and glowed, its light growing ever brighter. And then, there was a brilliant flash. Not being especially bright, just determined and handy, :) figured any abrupt light indicated success. He :dance:d with satisfaction as the machine cooled down. He did not notice :geek: until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

:borg:
:wtf:
:eek:
:Ahhh:

:( ran. Well, he rolled, really, lacking the proper appendages for running. He vowed never again to tinker in the realms of such deep magic as particle physics and cosmogenesis.

:no:

THE END

------------------------

Exactly 300 words. I can't guarantee it's any good, though.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

It was Friday night and after a short :sleep: a stroll into the city was on :mellow: s agenda. :sing: as he went, :mellow: :dance: along the street, his head filled with :headphones: Suddenly, :mellow: 's favorite song popped out and made him :bounce: in glee. His fav :radio: was issuing from a music bar - so :mellow: went inside. There was his fav band - the :drum: and :guitar: OOOH! :mellow: became :dancer: as he spotted the cute :microphone: smiling at him from the bar after the show. :toast: was on his mind and maybe treat her to a :yum: followed by :hug: - oh, :mellow: was so :sweetlove: .....Then :mellow: woke up and realized he had napped and it was all a dream - :no:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ I was thinking the same thing. I wish we could have salvaged that Thread.
It's not on here somewhere? - http://nusseymagazine.com/phpBB3/

Perhaps after this is over we can start a new thread :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ No, it was the second thing I looked for. It's gone. :( We could definitely start a new one, though.

I :sweetlove: the first two :writing: in the contest. :D

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I'll :quill: something as soon as I can :thinking: of something good.
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Lupine wrote:I'll :quill: something as soon as I can :thinking: of something good.
Ditto!

In the future, we'll start to resurrect some of our other kinds of contests, since it looks like there will be enough of an interest to generate more than three submissions (which is, in my opinion, the threshold for these kinds of things :fish:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

I added a few more. And remember, those who have already submitted, you can edit your submissions up until Dec 31 :)

:wiggle: :wiggle: :alien2: :templar: :doublekiss: :monalisa: :poke: :santaborg: :pony: :fan: :wearesorry: :wizard2:

:elephant2:

:fireworks:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

There are so many cool Smileys at that site. :loopy: