General announcements.

Moderator: Renie

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Re: Updating Style

Post by Sean »

Oooo Purty! :dance:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Now our posters will know who to fear. :scared:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

yeah - beware the christmas colored dudes - :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

FEAR THE GREEN! :scared:

Everything seems groovy so far. I haven't seen any glitches. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm noticing some glitches now. Luckily nothing that interferes with Posting. At the top of the page where it says "Renaissance Next," "a community of thinkers both serious and silly" and "skip to content," each individual word is hard returned, creating a big empty space. The links for the FAQ, Members List and Logout are wrapped down to the next line. The "Post Reply" button is overlapped by a plain text "Post Reply" link. And in the reply box, the formatting buttons (Bold etc) are missing.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

And it looks like clicking on the Smiley panel doesn't work anymore; it just bounces you to the top of the page.

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

I am noticing all the same glitches that RJ pointed out. In addition, when I logged in this evening, I was greeted by this:

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Giant updates today. Will be very glitchy for a while. Fear not. :)
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Heh. Okay. This morning, clicking on "View Active Topics" is giving me one active topic and one random old topic. :lol:

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Try the new RSS feed --- see it in the address bar at the top of the browser.
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i still dont 'get' the object of the quick reply - it doesnt take any less time to load than the regular repl,y yet comes up with less features... :conf:
other than the text written over the button for regular reply i cant find anything else 'funny' tho....
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Not sure yet on the new smiley set up with only a few smilies per "page". All the smilies on one page is a little overwhelming, but it is a bit time consuming to wade through several pages looking for the right smiley.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, I'm just seeing that for the first time. All those Smileys were overwhelming, so this will probably be good. After a while, we'll probably get to know which page certain Smileys are on, making it easier.
Madeliaette wrote:i still dont 'get' the object of the quick reply - it doesnt take any less time to load than the regular repl,y yet comes up with less features... :conf:
I guess it depends on how fast your system is. The fact that it appears without loading a new page does make it faster for me. :yes:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:Ah, I'm just seeing that for the first time. All those Smileys were overwhelming, so this will probably be good. After a while, we'll probably get to know which page certain Smileys are on, making it easier.
It'd be neat if they could be categorized. A page for holiday smilies, naughty smilies, coffee, tea, ect...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ That's a good thought. I wonder how it works....

The "View Active Topics" link doesn't seem to be working right. It just brings up two apparently random Threads; the "View New Posts" link is almost as useful, but it doesn't bring up recent Threads that I might want to look at again.

And, Elmo, did registration or security get updated? There hasn't been a single Bot since yesterday.