General announcements.

Moderator: Renie

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Re: Updating Style

Post by Renie »

I think I fixed the auto-login problem.

So now you should be able to stay logged in for several days at a time. If you close the page you won't be logged out (like last time).

My cookie path for the board wasn't set correctly. I fixed it. :geek: :borg: :D
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Ah, hopefully that explains Madeliaette's problem. She wasn't able to log in earlier. I asked her to try again. Crossing my fingers....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

RJ, do you know how to do mass PMs?

I had to change the cookies back to the old ones, but that means we're still going to have the login issue. What needs to happen is that people need to clear cookies from their browser. I'm going to wait until everyone gets the news to do this before fixing the cookie path again.

Could we possibly send a mass PM to all board members?
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Actually, it looks like I can do a mass email. Maybe that's a better option.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Not that I ever check my Yahoo email - there are almost 300 unread emails in there. But I can clear cookies - no prob!
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

I was wondering why i couldnt post last night! I thought it might be a NY glitch. Glad to hear the problerm is solved - even nif I dont like clearing cookies (I have to re-sign in to ALL my bookmarks, not just one - and I have about 50!) Glad it wasn't a majopr leaguer hitch from your side though!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Cayla sent me a PM at TrekBBS that she can't get in. I'll let her know to clear out her cookies. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

She might just have to re-sign in - I didnt have to clear my cookies after all - i simply had to sign in again - and then i got thru instead of the sign in page repeating itself (PHEW!) and it seems to work right away now without a cookie-clear.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

I just cleared cookies, and the board is letting me log in from Chrome again. :yes: Since we can see Announcements without being logged in...perhaps it may be a good idea to post in the announcement forum any changes like this, instead of sending a mass email. Just gotta make sure people get into the habit of checking it. :yes:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

thats an idea Sean - I could READ the forums threads but not POST or SIGN IN when i got stuck...(and i never recd an email anyways.... unles its to one of my old email addys)
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Hi folks, I'm going to change the cookie path again so that the automatic login works. I had to change it back so y'all could get in. Here's how you clear your cookies:

Firefox - how to clear the cache

Chrome - scroll down, you'll see the section on clearing cookies

Internet Explorer - clearing cookies

Safari - clearing cookies

Sorry for the inconvenience. This should get things on track. Then afterwards you won't have to log in every time you visit the board.

Happy New Year! :party:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Heh. Now it happened to me. I had to clear my cookies to get back in. :veryhappy:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I seemed to be logged in when I first got here, but when I tried to post it told me that I needed to log in then I had to clear my cookies again to get in.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That sort of happened to me, too. It said I was logged in and my name was listed along with Elmo's at the bottom of the page, but I noticed that the time stamps were off and the little "new posts" button to the left of Thread titles was absent. When I went to Post about that here, it asked me to log in and then wouldn't respond; that's when I cleared the cookies and got back in.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i was the same as Lupine and RJD.... THANK YOU ELMO for the link - i found out how to delete cookies for this site and didnt have to delet ALL cookies - so didnt have to re-sign in my other 50 bookmarked sites! :thumbsup: