Record of SQL Errors Et Cetera

Your opinion is important to us. Please continue to hold. Just kidding: Post your brainstorms here.

Moderator: Sean

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Record of SQL Errors Et Cetera

Post by RJDiogenes »

In hopes of preventing another Apocalypse, we can use this Thread to keep track of any problems that we fear may foreshadow another crash (the previous crash seems to have been preceded by frequent SQL errors).

Today, I had two SQL errors before I could get in. I've experienced one previous SQL error on the revived board, a couple of days ago.

There was also one day where I was experiencing frequent 404 Errors when trying to post (and I had to delete a half a dozen double posts because of it). I think I've experienced at least one initial 404 Error every time I've logged into the Administrator's Control Panel.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Re: Record of SQL Errors Et Cetera

Post by Sean »

Today, I've recieve the same 404's as RJ every timen I've tried to post, though the post still gets posted, and 2 SQL errors while logging in, and again after a post.
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I will be able to look into the errors sometime in the next couple of weeks. I apologize in advance...I was gone all last weekend, and this next weekend I'm moving. There are likely a few fixes I can make to remedy the worst of the errors.

If you could please copy/paste the SQL errors into this thread, that would be great. The messages and code numbers mean different things, implying different fixes.

Sorry about this! :P

:coffee:
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ No problemo. The site seems to work, these things are just little pains in the butt. I get 404 errors saying that the page could not be found every time I return to the index or thread page from a login or a post. I'll copy and paste any SQLs I get.
Not Found

The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.
I just realized that if I hit one of the option buttons that the "your post was entered successfully" page, like "return to thread", instead of letting jy browser redirect me automatically, I don;t get the 404's. I don't know if that is helpfull info, but I figured I'd share it anyway...
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

I'm getting those too. I think I accidentally erased something when I was fixing the stylesheets. Thankfully, it seems like mostly a nuisance...but that will be the first thing I get to when I work on the board again. :book:
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

No problem. This will just hopefully be a helpful record. I thought about copying the SQL code after I started the Thread, but it was too late to go back and get it. :blush:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I had a SQL error pop up today at 9:00 am.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

At 9h33 ( my local time), I got this SQL error after submitting a post.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql' (13) [2003]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
I tried hitting my bookmark of the site again to refresh it, and I got the same error. So, I manually typed the address into my address bar, and a page popped up to say that I had a 400 error, and that something was a bad request ( I'm assuming it's referring to the addy I typed).

Hopefully this post will make it through...

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

A couple of minutes ago, I got a "Network Connection Interrupted" error. That's a new one. But it went right through a couple of seconds later.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I got a SQL Error message at 8:37 am PST while trying to post in the BBQ thread. I clicked "return to index page" link and the site came back.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

When I first logged on, I was brought to the index page, but a simplified text only version of it. I refreshed the page, and got another SQL. This was probably around 11h30 am EST. I tried again a few minutes later, and the site worked fine, although the 404's after posting are still present.

mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

I'm wondering whether the Yahoo! problems people have been experiencing over the last few days are related to the SQL errors we've experienced here? I'm not any sort of website/coding/server ace, so they could be completely separate issues and I wouldn't know -- just thought I'd throw it out there.

EDIT:

Got this error:
Return to index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql' (13) [2003]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.