The Railgun

From Astronomy to Zoology, from Bathyspheres to O'Neill Colonies, the wonders of discovery and invention are on topic here.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Gary
Senator
Senator

The Railgun

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Railgun

Post by RJDiogenes »

Aw, I thought it was going to be a new orbital launch system.

Oh, well, it sounds like it could be a proving ground for a launch system, as well as advanced energy storage units.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

The catapults on aircraft carriers are steam powered. The new CVX class will change that with magnetic catapults, which operate on a similar principle.

Honestly, this would be great if it could lead to high-powered rail travel in the US.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Out my way there's been plans for a high-speed Mag-lev train between LA and Vegas for years but our politicians have been fighting it tooth and nail acting like they've never heard of the concept before.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, a high-speed maglev system would be great. Especially if it were like that underground railway in Genesis II. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape: