Blogging, Part II

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Re: Blogging, Part II

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:Jim Gamma just became my one hundredth follower!
Yay! :dance:
And he didn't even know it was a thing. :veryhappy:
That is the best!! :veryhappy:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Lupine wrote:Congrats on the following! :thumbsup: If I was on Tumblr I would have become a follower. But I'm not sure what Tumblr is :conf: .
It's complicated. :unsure: :blush: :D
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Just as the campfire fights back against the cold and dark, the human mind fights back against fear and confusion.

RJ, this is a wonderful quote. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Would you mind if I use this quote in the chapter I'm currently writing? I'll cite you as the source, of course.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I'd be delighted. Thank you very much. :)
Lupine wrote:Congrats on the following! :thumbsup: If I was on Tumblr I would have become a follower. But I'm not sure what Tumblr is :conf: .
Thank you very much. Tumblr is just a site that hosts blogs, kind of like LJ or Blogspot. Like emma says, it can be complicated. :lol: You get it through Facebook, anyway-- Tumblr automatically feeds it through.
emma glitch wrote:That is the best!! :veryhappy:
Even better, he just noticed a typo in the first panel. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

^One error in 100 comics is blooming brilliant if you ask me. :D I wish my computer programs had such a low error rate. ;)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I hope it's the only one. :lol: I usually do review them very carefully before I post, but today I was in a hurry to get everything done before going to the reunion-- so I ended up spending much more time on it because I had to make the correction and re-upload and re-post. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Just posted Part 2 of the Heroic Leadership Dynamic. I'm thinking there will be 4 parts altogether.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Not much in the way of responses lately. :(

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:Not much in the way of responses lately. :(
I think this is where you and I differ. Don't get me wrong, I love responses. But I get people telling me all the time that they read my blog and appreciate it. Silent readers are just fine with me. :)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, it's good that the traffic is still there, but it's just too bad that more people don't say something. Oh, well.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Or they could be like me and don't post when they have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Heh. Sometimes all I want to post is, "Nuff said." :lol:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Breakthrough on the blogsite! We discovered that we were trying to find my email accounts on the wrong site! No wonder I kept getting error messages! Now I have cleared out the spam and, maybe, the notifications for the spam, and am gaining confidence. Monday is Veterans Day and I MUST launch by then. :peekaboo:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I'm sure you can do it. I can't wait to be at the grand opening. :yes:

Meanwhile, I am now up to 109 followers! :eek:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ I'm sure you can do it. I can't wait to be at the grand opening. :yes:
I have declared that it must be before Veterans Day, which is Monday. :panic: I may have a website designer, because the woman I've been coaching for the CBEST has a boyfriend who knows WordPress. :eek: :yes: She put him on the phone yesterday and I just emailed stuff to her for his consideration, and hope to find out how much work he thinks it will take to get it sorted out. :peekaboo:

Yesterday was our Veteran Democrats of the Coachella Valley meeting, and the guys are not only on board, but suggesting links and phone numbers for me to post. And I am marching with them in the Palm Springs Veterans Day Parade Monday, which I finally went to last year, when I discovered that there is a Veteran Democrats club, and that we have a local chapter. :yes:

I seem to be the only woman veteran in the group, the rest of the women mostly spouses and girlfriends, and when I brought up my concerns about my upcoming trip, the only other woman in attendance rounded on me and offered me some pretty fierce advice on taking care of myself and not taking the trip at all that kind of rocked me back. I whispered to the guy next to me that I'm taking the trip, and we both snickered, but some of her advice was worth considering, except the not going part. Probably.
Meanwhile, I am now up to 109 followers! :eek:
Outstanding! :dance: :dancer: :dance: :dancer: :dance: