Blogging, Part II

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Blogging, Part II

Post by Lupine »

I posted a link to RJ's Heroes blog on Facebook.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

I did get another person post on one of my bird dlog posts this week - i thought the email notification meant you were working overtime as you didnt have rene at first....lol. :thumbsup: on the increased count. yep - finally had enough time to read/repost the blog too...been kinda busy/zonked/sinussy online til now.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:I posted a link to RJ's Heroes blog on Facebook.
Thank you. I posted a link to yours, too, a week or two ago. I should post Sidney on my timeline, too.
Madeliaette wrote:I did get another person post on one of my bird dlog posts this week - i thought the email notification meant you were working overtime as you didnt have rene at first....lol. :thumbsup: on the increased count. yep - finally had enough time to read/repost the blog too...been kinda busy/zonked/sinussy online til now.
I'm glad you're feeling better now. Which blog entry did that person post on? I'll take a look.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:^^ That looks like a nice site. And I can't wait to see your blog go live. :thumbsup:
Yeah it is. We had to put our listening session off till Saturday, so still looking forward to it.

As for my site, geez, I need to figure out how to get stuff on the pages I want them on, how to post pictures where I want them with the text along the side, how to change colors and fonts, and get my act together and post content. I don't want to do what I did on Tumblr, get started, get frustrated, get nothing new posted. Well, there are tutorials on Yahoo, and I need to get busy watching and learning. :yes:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I can try to help, but it's not something I know a lot about.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i USED to know HTML a few years back...but basically, other than text and links and adding pictures i forgot most of what i learned.... so can only help you with color codes or something like that - which you could probably handle anyways...
not sure which post rj - will have to check-see -
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Lupine wrote:I posted a link to RJ's Heroes blog on Facebook.
Thank you. I posted a link to yours, too, a week or two ago. I should post Sidney on my timeline, too.
Thanks for doing this, gentlemen. I'm still getting a few hundred visitors a day to the blog. Yes, I wish more of them would comment! If only I got as many comments as spam, life would be good. :loopy:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I've been noticing that poor Sidney Poitier hasn't garnered a lot of attention. :no:

EChatty
Censor
Censor

Post by EChatty »

Awwwww Poor Sidney
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:I've been noticing that poor Sidney Poitier hasn't garnered a lot of attention. :no:
The world is composed of idiots.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:I've been noticing that poor Sidney Poitier hasn't garnered a lot of attention. :no:
I wouldn't say that. I just checked google analytics, and it tells me that your Poitier essay has been visited by about 50 people per day since it was posted.

Now why no one leaves comments is another matter entirely! But I can tell you this: I'm on Twitter and each time I tweet the Poitier link, it gets several favorable return-tweets from peeps who re-tweet the link to their followers. Very cool. :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

EChatty wrote:Awwwww Poor Sidney
I know. I feel bad. I was wondering if he or any of his people track what is being said about him on the Internet. If so, he'd be bummed out at the lack of responses.
Lupine wrote:The world is composed of idiots.
No argument there. :lol:
scottydog wrote:I wouldn't say that. I just checked google analytics, and it tells me that your Poitier essay has been visited by about 50 people per day since it was posted.

Now why no one leaves comments is another matter entirely! But I can tell you this: I'm on Twitter and each time I tweet the Poitier link, it gets several favorable return-tweets from peeps who re-tweet the link to their followers. Very cool. :thumbsup:
Well, that's encouraging. Twitter seems to have become quite important. I've noticed that the Nielsen Ratings people track Tweets now and some television advertising brags about the number of Tweets. I still wish somebody would say something, though.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^ That's the problem. It's hard to say anything significant in 140 characters.

Most of my tweets are short, pithy bits of wisdom (e.g., Kindess is the highest form of wisdom. -- The Talmud). Or a link to something (e.g., SIdney Poitier is a quiet, revolutionary hero. http://tinyurl.com/nge4fuz).
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

I can't deal with tutorials, so I hit the library for books. More helpful, since I can jump around from page to page, not worry about finding my place again. I now can change colors, but not everywhere I want to, have designated a static page, now that I know that "static page" is what I wanted all along, will designate another when I sort out what I want on my home page and how I want to catagorize stuff. Baby steps now, hope to pull up my big girl pants and go public Tuesday. I don't know why the 15th of the month has such a hold on my imagination, but it does. :yes: :D
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Well, it's good to set a deadline for yourself. Is it possible for us to check out the site before it goes public?
scottydog wrote:^ That's the problem. It's hard to say anything significant in 140 characters.
Oh, I know, I was just hoping somebody would post at the Heroes Blog. I guess it's kind of ironic that I made a big deal out of him being quiet and then get silence for a response. :lol: