Blogging, Part II

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Blogging, Part II

Post by RJDiogenes »

Maddie has pointed out that the old Blogging Thread has gone on a little long, so it's time to start a shiny new one.

We shall continue our Blogging discussions and announcements here. :computer:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Blogging, Part II

Post by scottydog »

Excellent! Thanks, RJ.

And this shiny new thread just about corresponds to a major change happening to my HEROES blog later this week. Because many of our hero profiles will be appearing in our new book coming out next year, we have to take them down. Suddenly, my blog is going to be lacking a lot of content!

But that's okay. New content will slowly and steadily accumulate. If any of you want to contribute new content, please let me know. The blog's emphasis is slowly shifting from being purely profile & biography oriented to both profile & commentary/analysis oriented. So if you have an individual you'd like to profile, by all means let me know and I'm happy to include it. But I'd like to also encourage anyone interested to submit a 500 to 600 word "commentary" or "analysis" piece -- some statement you'd like to make about heroes. It can be opinion, observation, theory, or whatever's on your mind. As long as it gets people thinking -- that's the goal.

Thanks, everyone! :D
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Well - I might be able to offer something along the lines of the 1-3 'essentials' (IMO) for someone to qualify as a hero - that would certainly get epople talking.... :D or I could possibly do a piece on the difference btween US/AU/Euro heores/past & present.... but....it would depend on when it needs to be done by as Dad is is one of those 'demanding' moods recently....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's a shame all that content is coming down, but it's for a good cause. :book:

I'll see if I can come up with an essay on some aspect of heroism. Or maybe another profile. I do like the profiles. :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Madeliaette wrote:Well - I might be able to offer something along the lines of the 1-3 'essentials' (IMO) for someone to qualify as a hero - that would certainly get epople talking.... :D or I could possibly do a piece on the difference btween US/AU/Euro heores/past & present.... but....it would depend on when it needs to be done by as Dad is is one of those 'demanding' moods recently....
Thank you!
RJDiogenes wrote: I'll see if I can come up with an essay on some aspect of heroism. Or maybe another profile. I do like the profiles. :D
Me, too. I'll look forward to seeing whatever you come up with. :D
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I rather like the profiles too.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

ridiculous.... i am still getting high stats for my sfmn blog, despite not having written anything this week.. ho hum - yesterday's reader numbers:P
154 Bird Story
148 Yoga Tap
161 San Francisco Music News
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's pretty good. I should add Google Analytics to my Trunkards Blog. I'm curious as to how many visitors I get. I do seem to be getting more likes and re-blogs as time goes on.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Yes, it's cool to see our sites catch on and attract more visitors. I'm not surprised by your success Maddy. You, too, RJ -- Trunkards is becoming a classic!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Thanks. That would be nice. Maybe someday they'll be on Met Life commercials. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:Thanks. That would be nice. Maybe someday they'll be on Met Life commercials. :lol:
I'm thinking Trunkards could be the basis of a TV series. The characters and situations they find themselves in would seem to resonate with most people.

Slowly I'm removing content from the heroes blog. It's very sad!! But all for a good cause. And besides, there is new content on the way, some of which will come from you all! :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Actually, I was thinking of doing an animated Trunkards short for my YouTube page. Part of the joke would be that it would mimic the static nature of the strip, so only the bubbles would be animated. :lol:

As for new content: Essay or profile? Profile or essay? I couldn't decide, so I wrote something that is kind of both. I'm not sure if I'll have time to polish it today, it being Mother's Day, but I'll have it for you early in the week at least.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:Actually, I was thinking of doing an animated Trunkards short for my YouTube page. Part of the joke would be that it would mimic the static nature of the strip, so only the bubbles would be animated. :lol:
Very clever!! :lol: :lol:
As for new content: Essay or profile? Profile or essay? I couldn't decide, so I wrote something that is kind of both. I'm not sure if I'll have time to polish it today, it being Mother's Day, but I'll have it for you early in the week at least.
That's wonderful, RJ. I'll really look forward to seeing it. The idea of writing a 'hybrid' piece makes sense -- you can make a point about heroism and use a hero as a case study to illustrate the point.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Hopefully that's what I did. Check your inbox. :D

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:Hopefully that's what I did. Check your inbox. :D
Excellent. And thank you. I'm going out of town for a few days, and then I'll post it. It's a really nice message. People do have a choice about how to live their lives, no matter how good or bad (or powerful or powerless) the circumstances. We can all do the right thing.

I'm so lucky to have all of you as friends! :)