Blogging, Part II

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Blogging, Part II

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Thank you. 110, as of today. I'm having a good week. :yes:
emma glitch wrote:I have declared that it must be before Veterans Day, which is Monday. :panic: I may have a website designer, because the woman I've been coaching for the CBEST has a boyfriend who knows WordPress. :eek: :yes: She put him on the phone yesterday and I just emailed stuff to her for his consideration, and hope to find out how much work he thinks it will take to get it sorted out. :peekaboo:
You're in good shape. You'll make it.
I seem to be the only woman veteran in the group, the rest of the women mostly spouses and girlfriends, and when I brought up my concerns about my upcoming trip, the only other woman in attendance rounded on me and offered me some pretty fierce advice on taking care of myself and not taking the trip at all that kind of rocked me back. I whispered to the guy next to me that I'm taking the trip, and we both snickered, but some of her advice was worth considering, except the not going part. Probably.
Wow, what was that all about? :unsure:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
I seem to be the only woman veteran in the group, the rest of the women mostly spouses and girlfriends, and when I brought up my concerns about my upcoming trip, the only other woman in attendance rounded on me and offered me some pretty fierce advice on taking care of myself and not taking the trip at all that kind of rocked me back. I whispered to the guy next to me that I'm taking the trip, and we both snickered, but some of her advice was worth considering, except the not going part. Probably.
Wow, what was that all about? :unsure:
She was attempting to put me in what she imagines is my place. She thinks she's the hen at the top of the pecking order, but I don't play that game, never have, and she needs to understand that just because we don't have an auxilliary for spouses and friends does not mean that she is actually a veteran, which is what I happen to be. It doesn't help that this still happens when veteran id is necessary to establish: folks who would never ask such a question of a man often ask a woman not her name, but who her sponsor is. I once asked a pharmacist why she did that, and she said, with not the slightest hint of irony, that she would not want to insult a wife by assuming she's a veteran! It's very likely that that is the least offensive explanation, too.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

So somebody's wife thinks she's a veteran and some pharmacist thinks it's insulting for a wife to be called a veteran. These people should be introduced to each other. Maybe they'd blow up like matter and anti-matter. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

I'm starting to get a clue about WordPress and Bluehost. I acquired two books, better than the ones the library has, and am powering up to get launched. :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:So somebody's wife thinks she's a veteran and some pharmacist thinks it's insulting for a wife to be called a veteran. These people should be introduced to each other. Maybe they'd blow up like matter and anti-matter. :lol:
Yeah, I'd like to see that. :fireworks: :peekaboo:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

:D

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

ready steady....is it up yet? (let me know so i can spread it around)
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Tomorrow, gotta be tomorrow. Sigh.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It'll be fine. I'm looking forward to it. :yes:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oops, we have exceeded 500 posts. Look for part III in a minute.