Tibet

Gather ye activists! What is your cause? Are you a Progressive? Are you a devoted ally to anti-privilege? Are you a feminist? Are you an anti-feminist? Are you a dedicated fighter for the rights of X group? Talk about your activism, and the issues surrounding it, here.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Tibet

Post by Madeliaette »

Here is my offering to the multiple articles on Gepe...

http://campaigntibet.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ested.html
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

You wrote that article? I don't see that they put your byline on there. You should post also in the Blogging Thread.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

It is not my blog - but i sometimes write a piece for the blog as the blog owner gave up bothering to write it and advertised for other writers. Each time there is something I need to get the word out about, or some way people can help that i discover, concerning Tibet, I write up an article to post there... :yes: Well, sure, i can toss the link over into the blog thread....lol
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

You should make sure they give you proper credit.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

its up to me.... i load the posts i write. if i chose to add my name i could...but i dont see the point, it looks more professional unnamed.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Just double space and put your name at the bottom. You are a professional writer, after all, and you don't have an agent or publisher to rely on for publicity.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

a lot of protests going on in London today - if it didn't cost so much, i would have gone up on the train myself and participated...
https://www.facebook.com/unfftUK?ref_type=bookmark
(to get there for the full 5 hours i would have had to go early and pay over £50 though, or to attend the second half over £30....)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's good to see. I hope it accomplishes something.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

there is a sort of minor positive....
(on the negative side, the silly PM got to meet with the Chinese dud(e), as did the GB queen...and some garbage-talks resukted in multi-million trading deals...that not all of us GB citizens want. (More of us are not buying Chinese stuff and do not want to send them anything either) - there is a lot of bts talk about how the queen is letting down her country by having agreed to meet with this Chinese dude who 'demanded' to meet with her 'or else - no deal'.)
however, on the positive side, it is showcasing Tibetan issues and voicing opinions of Tibetan freedom groups/supporters on a couple of major news channels.... and there is another protest going on right now....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

China is trouble. I think they will be for a long time.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

We can only hope more and more people recognise China as it is rather than as it pretends to be...even its own citizens protest against the leaders in a variety of ways as they learn the truth as it is rather than as it is told to them...
As for me, I continue to splash Tibetan matters all over the WWW...
highpeakspureearth.com/2014/i-am-on-my-way-and-remembering-the-place-by-tibetan-singer-gebey/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I think pretty much everybody gets China, but China is wealthy and powerful. They've also had a dictatorship of one sort or another for many centuries, so it won't be as easy for the people bring reform. Not like happened with the Soviet Union, which was a bankrupt house of cards from the beginning.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

well, if people stopped buying Chinese products and the world govts stopped bowing down to chinese diuctations.....things might improve!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Indeed. But it's all about the money. :twocents:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

for now... but some day the govts might listen to the people... that we dont want Chinese products. & now China is steppoing even further out, claiming even more countries are it's property.... how far will it go before the world govts WILL stop it going further? i cant see the world sitting back forever and letting China 'own' the entire planet.....